Civic vs. Ferrari on a race track. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Entertainment Area

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2008, 01:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 JZX1000 is a name known to allJZX1000 is a name known to allJZX1000 is a name known to allJZX1000 is a name known to allJZX1000 is a name known to allJZX1000 is a name known to allJZX1000 is a name known to allJZX1000 is a name known to allJZX1000 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Civic vs. Ferrari on a race track.

Motion-racing.com Honda Civic VS Ferrari

Advertisement

Old 08-09-2008, 01:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
inh
My sig is longer than yours

inh It's a JDM Star Bitches....inh It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

From the comments:

"no fwd car can handle better than the ferrari...the driver just sucked... "

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Earn money for receiving text messaged offers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
inh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2008, 01:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 JZX1000 is a name known to allJZX1000 is a name known to allJZX1000 is a name known to allJZX1000 is a name known to allJZX1000 is a name known to allJZX1000 is a name known to allJZX1000 is a name known to allJZX1000 is a name known to allJZX1000 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by inh View Post
From the comments:

"no fwd car can handle better than the ferrari...the driver just sucked... "
We know, we know.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

areskzc is about to kiss the skyareskzc is about to kiss the skyareskzc is about to kiss the skyareskzc is about to kiss the skyareskzc is about to kiss the skyareskzc is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via MSN to areskzc

great cars usually are owned by people don't deserve it.

2Y 10M days without smoking
Join me
areskzc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2008, 01:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

i dunoo.. if i spent 200k on my crx im pretty sure it would be a good match..
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2008, 01:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
I survived code 9

Location: an imaginary place where chrome rims don't exist. Oh! Tennessee.
Milano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Milano_Redline

Dude in the Civic rode his ass hard...hahahaha!

Milano_Redline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2008, 03:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 civicek36 will become famous soon enoughcivicek36 will become famous soon enoughcivicek36 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

I know the guy in the civic and his crew. They gone a long way man. Great job!!!1
civicek36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2008, 05:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 d16rice smells like Boratd16rice smells like Boratd16rice smells like Boratd16rice smells like Boratd16rice smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

I think the guy in the ferrari was scared of wrecking it, which is why he wasn't pushing it as hard as the buy in the civic

d16rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2008, 10:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

Yeah. The guy in the Civic seemed like he had a lil more experience. Nice job posting the car in my avatar. I eat Enzos for breakfast lunch and dinner.
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2008, 10:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

K2e2vin It's a JDM Star Bitches....
Send a message via AIM to K2e2vin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cervan View Post
i dunoo.. if i spent 200k on my crx im pretty sure it would be a good match..
To the point it's not a CRX anymore.
1992 Honda Accord LX coupe

K2e2vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2008, 10:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2e2vin View Post
To the point it's not a CRX anymore.
i would keep the stock interior complete. keep the outside shell complete as well. Suspension and engine can all be modified.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

You'd need much more than just power and suspension. Wider tires(modification to the fenders), take some of the weight off, RWD(I'll explain later), etc. There's plenty of fast FWD cars but all of them are limited due to the fact they're FWD. If it's a very short track, it probably wouldn't be as much of an issue. There was a CRX that beat a NSX(both race trims) but the CRX weighed like 700kg IIRC(around 1500lbs; fully gutted and some) and after a couple of laps the NSX was slowly catching up(front tires on the CRX started wearing out).

Old 08-09-2008, 10:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2e2vin View Post
You'd need much more than just power and suspension. Wider tires(modification to the fenders), take some of the weight off, RWD(I'll explain later), etc. There's plenty of fast FWD cars but all of them are limited due to the fact they're FWD. If it's a very short track, it probably wouldn't be as much of an issue. There was a CRX that beat a NSX(both race trims) but the CRX weighed like 700kg IIRC(around 1500lbs; fully gutted and some) and after a couple of laps the NSX was slowly catching up(front tires on the CRX started wearing out).
Well then that would require me to put in the wagnovan AWD and get forged gears in the tranny.

Like this guy http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxtf3_IHTfs
Old 08-09-2008, 11:24 PM   #14 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

i thought it would be possible if your running semi slicks, full suspension setup, stripped, aero aids etc. just look at fwd race cars for example, im sure they can lap quicker than a ferrari if its not a super fast course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iItXU...eature=related

for example this. the f355 gets waxed i think?
d15z1sux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2008, 11:26 PM   #15 (permalink)

but yeh i guess these are full race cars...
Old 08-09-2008, 11:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 leshok is starting to learn the ropesleshok is starting to learn the ropesleshok is starting to learn the ropesleshok is starting to learn the ropesleshok is starting to learn the ropesleshok is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to leshok

Quote:
Well then that would require me to put in the wagnovan AWD and get forged gears in the tranny.

That wagovan is the balls!
Old 08-10-2008, 01:43 AM   #17 (permalink)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uN_vDbIjag&feature=user

theres another one... lol.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:11 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by d15z1sux View Post
i fucking love that civic! best part of the video 7:50 he passes up the NSX on the straightaway!
Old 08-10-2008, 06:49 AM   #19 (permalink)
gonzo

Rep Power: 0 Spriggan is a name known to allSpriggan is a name known to allSpriggan is a name known to allSpriggan is a name known to allSpriggan is a name known to allSpriggan is a name known to allSpriggan is a name known to allSpriggan is a name known to allSpriggan is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Spriggan

i was expecting that civic to catch up to the white ferrari
Spriggan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2008, 08:02 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:

The RT-AWD wouldn't help it much vs. much of the other AWD systems out there. The video proves it helps with taking off; not corner exits.

Something like a complete AWD designed from the ground up; retrofitted into the CRX or a STi, Evo, etc. powertrain swap would work. But then again, could that really be considered a CRX?

In a small track, it's a whole another issue; FWD cars have a chance there. Larger tracks, you'd want to upgrade your car(NSX, S2000).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in