Toyota Cressida laying the smackdown on Ford on Pinks - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Entertainment Area

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2008, 03:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 JZX1000 is a name known to allJZX1000 is a name known to allJZX1000 is a name known to allJZX1000 is a name known to allJZX1000 is a name known to allJZX1000 is a name known to allJZX1000 is a name known to allJZX1000 is a name known to allJZX1000 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Toyota Cressida laying the smackdown on Ford on Pinks

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVhwIidu60U

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2lHxq7rYRA

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLuTHEOxF2c
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2008, 03:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Just saw the re-run last night. But you can't really say the Toy was that great cuz it obviously had a BIG tuning issue...they even tried new plugs and that didn't help. If that Toy though had been prefect, it would have owned that Stang.
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2008, 04:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

You can't say the cressida was laying the smackdown....there was only one clean run.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2008, 11:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater

Rep Power: 41 " Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 24 reviews
Send a message via AIM to " Low " Send a message via Yahoo to " Low "

yeah on a SUPRA motor......

My username: High-Cap 1911
It ain't only for texans....but there are a BUNCH of us
" Low " is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2008, 02:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
I survived code 9

Location: an imaginary place where chrome rims don't exist. Oh! Tennessee.
Milano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Milano_Redline

hahaha Mustangs can't get their shit down the track.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Milano_Redline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2008, 02:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 41 " Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano_Redline View Post
hahaha Mustangs can't get their shit down the track.
and just how many honda's have failed on pinks....?

Old 08-01-2008, 02:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

that was great i enjoyed seeing that

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2008, 03:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
I survived code 9

Milano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shine Down View Post
and just how many honda's have failed on pinks....?
This is the first time I've watched "Pinks"...so I couldn't answer that. In all fairness to ford, the mustang isn't a bad vehicle at all. I've driven one, and aside to it feeling like I was driving a truck, it wasn't bad at all.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....Koots is almost there....
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano_Redline View Post
This is the first time I've watched "Pinks"...so I couldn't answer that. In all fairness to ford, the mustang isn't a bad vehicle at all. I've driven one, and aside to it feeling like I was driving a truck, it wasn't bad at all.
You obviously haven't driven many trucks. this honda is my first real compact car. other than my 98 GMC, my 86 Chev and the 83 GMC Jimmy, i only had an 88 caprice as a car. my cavalier doesn't count and was a POS anyway. driving a mustang is nothing like driving a truck. your just too used to driving a small car.

SOLD

...Gone back to the Chevy world again, but i'll be back behind the seat of a Honda again someday
Koots is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2008, 03:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 19 crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to crazymx6

F O R D= found on road dead

crazymx6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2008, 03:53 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymx6 View Post
F O R D= found on road dead
First On Race Day....

get it right.....

Old 08-01-2008, 04:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
I survived code 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koots View Post
You obviously haven't driven many trucks. this honda is my first real compact car. other than my 98 GMC, my 86 Chev and the 83 GMC Jimmy, i only had an 88 caprice as a car. my cavalier doesn't count and was a POS anyway. driving a mustang is nothing like driving a truck. your just too used to driving a small car.
I've driven tons of trucks. Last summer I drove a F150 every day of the world almost all day. I've driven big trucks, little trucks, medium trucks, you name it. I'm used to driving compact cars...and I used that as a comparative exaggeration. Hearing the V8 fire up was quite different that hear my little wind-up Honda start.

Like I said, it wasn't a bad ride at all. Definitely all the power I would ever want. Technically the mustangs handle about the same as Honda's do.

Old 08-01-2008, 04:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

Pretty fricken sweet, those cressidas come stock with the 2je supra engine scary fast shit.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2008, 04:40 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cervan View Post
Pretty fricken sweet, those cressidas come stock with the 2je supra engine scary fast shit.
depends on the year, some came with the 5m motor which gets swapped for a 7m non/turbo variant, a 1jz, or a 2jz non/turbo variant

i dont recall any having the 2jz motor.

Old 08-01-2008, 05:03 PM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 TheOdditie is learning the way of the DTheOdditie is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Agreed, it wasn't really laying the smack down. I do think the Cressida is an overlooked platform, lots of potential in them, just not the styling most people are looking for.

As for Fords, I can't stand them. I've worked on too many of them, and hate Ford's logic on anything. I have to go through a whole damn socket rail to get something off of it, or the wonderful radios, that even with the tool, sometimes you have to tilt your head, stick your tongue out and say the correct cuss words to get out.

I do like SOME Mustangs, but I refer to them as Mustangs, not Ford Mustangs. IMO the only Mustangs that could get away with 6 cylinders were the old Mustangs. Any newer v6 Mustang, I give Ford credit for it. The V8s I actually kind of like, especially the new ones and the OLD ones.

To be fair, I have seen my share of Hondas breaking down racing, rather it down a strip or going in a circle. I have seen several at a local cirlce track, but I was the only one that never blew a motor, hell the first season I ran an engine with blown rings for the whole season and that motor still runs to this day, just smokes a lot, lol. My last Honda I built for there, did only make 3 races, until I got tired of replacing axles because they kept separating on me, but I could easily get it back out there with no issues.
TheOdditie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2008, 05:13 PM   #16 (permalink)

AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AutoXCivic Send a message via MSN to AutoXCivic Send a message via Yahoo to AutoXCivic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shine Down View Post
depends on the year, some came with the 5m motor which gets swapped for a 7m non/turbo variant, a 1jz, or a 2jz non/turbo variant

i dont recall any having the 2jz motor.
You are correct, I had an old cressida it had the 5m ... the cressida was discontinued before the the advent of the jz series of motors IIRC, although I believe some of them did get the 7mge. I remember doing a little bit of research regarding cressidas a while back.

Yay for imports ... reliability>power.

All the power in the world won't help you if you can't get it to the ground.

<--- Stolen

<--- Sold.

Quote:
barrel roll in airplane > barrel roll in nsx
AutoXCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2008, 05:48 PM   #17 (permalink)
Shoot me!

Rep Power: 45 Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

Tried watching it but that host just sucks.

GO STEELERS!
Hellhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2008, 08:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 keto06 smells like Boratketo06 smells like Boratketo06 smells like Boratketo06 smells like Boratketo06 smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to keto06 Send a message via MSN to keto06 Send a message via Yahoo to keto06

Great episode. I really liked that one.

I My Honda Civic!

Paypal:

keto06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2008, 06:44 AM   #19 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 7 reviews

i wish the toyota would have been runnign right to see what it could really do. ran shitty, just like the mustangs.
o well Domestic HEHE
RidinDirtyCRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2008, 07:56 AM   #20 (permalink)

Rep Power: 13 JDM_JNKY is a name known to allJDM_JNKY is a name known to allJDM_JNKY is a name known to allJDM_JNKY is a name known to allJDM_JNKY is a name known to allJDM_JNKY is a name known to allJDM_JNKY is a name known to allJDM_JNKY is a name known to allJDM_JNKY is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JDM_JNKY

Plauged with problems those rust-angs.. But a 2jz is fast in anything LOL
|
|
|
|
JDM_JNKY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in