Starting my Blu ray collection, how many you guys have? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Entertainment Area

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 06:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 18 Boricuanolgy is hot as a volcanoBoricuanolgy is hot as a volcano
Boricuanolgy is hot as a volcanoBoricuanolgy is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Default Starting my Blu ray collection, how many you guys have?

I have a DVD collection that I have put together over the years, around 400 dvds so far so yes, Im a movie whore!! Anyway after experience the BR effect you don't want to watch a movie any other way.
Here is my collection so far:

1---Spider man (came with my PS3)
2---And I just got "The Rock" today.

There you have it my collection of BR dvds, LOL got start some where!!!

Anyway how many you guys have and which ones you guys recomend also where can you get them cheaper than $20. Just missed a Fathers day sale that had a bunch of them for $15.
I don't want to replace all my movies that I have in my collection just the ones that is a must to see them BR style action, special effect ect....
Boricuanolgy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2008, 06:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Black Dynamite

Rep Power: 23 Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Clutchmaster

I have Juno, Reign over me, The Reaping, Rambo, Jumper, 300, We are Marshall, We Own the Night, AVP R, First Sunday, I AM LEGEND, The Brave One and I think that's it
Clutchmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2008, 08:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 Aeroflux is da #1 stunnaAeroflux is da #1 stunnaAeroflux is da #1 stunnaAeroflux is da #1 stunnaAeroflux is da #1 stunnaAeroflux is da #1 stunnaAeroflux is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

I just recently got my theater setup together and all I have is The Last Starfighter on HD-DVD. I have a monthly subscription with blockbuster online & the local store, so at any given time I'm watching at least five Blu-Ray movies. Most recent was Michael Crayton, Sleepy Hollow, Tekken Kinkreet, Meet the Robinsons, 28 Weeks, and 5th Element. Going to watch Semi-Pro and The Spiderwick Chronicles tomorrow.

Renting is awesome...if the movie sucks I don't have to sweat it. For instance, the other night my gf brought over The other Boleyn Girl that she accidentally (yeah...right) rented on Blu-Ray instead of dvd from netflix. I finally found that there can be a negative aspect to having a large screen. It's damn near impossible to focus on something more interesting...like the wall.
Aeroflux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2008, 09:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Live,love,laugh,be real

Rep Power: 39 4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

i have noes Blue Rays

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P. my mom - I miss you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
10/3/1945-6/16/2007

R.I.P. - MiloReaper & Pat Primmer

96' CE1 Lx - Wags

04' Pilot EXL - Black Pile - Love it

is your friend, try it

[youtube ][ /youtube]

4Door is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2008, 09:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

I had so many original Dvds, it was Ridiculous! Then Family members start Borrowing 1 then 2 then I'll bring it back tomorrow, Etc.......
Now I buy Bootlegged Dvds for $5 from people that sell them in the street. When they copy them Dvd to Dvd, they come out Clean.
Now I have a Lot of them again and no one borrows them

Last edited by Pata; 06-25-2008 at 09:09 PM.
Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2008, 07:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchmaster View Post
I have Juno, Reign over me, The Reaping, Rambo, Jumper, 300, We are Marshall, We Own the Night, AVP R, First Sunday, I AM LEGEND, The Brave One and I think that's it
out of the ones you got, I will get 300 and Im a legend, and Rambo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroflux View Post
I just recently got my theater setup together and all I have is The Last Starfighter on HD-DVD. I have a monthly subscription with blockbuster online & the local store, so at any given time I'm watching at least five Blu-Ray movies. Most recent was Michael Crayton, Sleepy Hollow, Tekken Kinkreet, Meet the Robinsons, 28 Weeks, and 5th Element. Going to watch Semi-Pro and The Spiderwick Chronicles tomorrow.
Renting is awesome...if the movie sucks I don't have to sweat it. For instance, the other night my gf brought over The other Boleyn Girl that she accidentally (yeah...right) rented on Blu-Ray instead of dvd from netflix. I finally found that there can be a negative aspect to having a large screen. It's damn near impossible to focus on something more interesting...like the wall.
I have a Samsung 50" DLP a Yamaha reciver 7.1 (TXH Certified) and Klipch speakers all the way. Yet I didn't have HD till recently and a couple of month ago I got my PS3 so you can said and I'm just enyoing the full potencial of my home theater system. I sucks cause everytime that I feel like watching a movie everyone is asleep so I have to use my corless headphones, I hate it! it is not the same.
Every once now and them I get that movie pass. it is very convinient specially for renting Bluray, if you don't it will cost you more for renting than a regular dvd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pata View Post
I had so many original Dvds, it was Ridiculous! Then Family members start Borrowing 1 then 2 then I'll bring it back tomorrow, Etc.......
Now I buy Bootlegged Dvds for $5 from people that sell them in the street. When they copy them Dvd to Dvd, they come out Clean.
Now I have a Lot of them again and no one borrows them
I will never buy bootlegged movies, is just my rule. I do have bootlegged CD thou.
I know the feeling man, you work hard putting you collection together and some people don't care. Thats why I don't let my movies, PERIOD!! Especially my Master Piece Disney Collection. Once any of the disney movies goes to the Vault, it will be 10 years at least to see that one again, thats why its so hard to find certain disney movies in DVD. Go and check around u will find that a lot of the tittles can't be found anywhere. Ebay is the best place to find them. belived me I spend $60-$75 for each of this 3 DVD just to finish my collection.
Little mermeid, Lady and the Tramp, and Jungle Book. Of course a lot of this movies can be found cheap now since the were recently release from the movie Vault!
Old 06-28-2008, 07:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

I got another one, Shooter!! Have a gift certificate for best buy which most likely will use for some blue ray!!
Old 07-05-2008, 04:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 Aeroflux is da #1 stunnaAeroflux is da #1 stunnaAeroflux is da #1 stunnaAeroflux is da #1 stunnaAeroflux is da #1 stunnaAeroflux is da #1 stunnaAeroflux is da #1 stunna

Just a warning out there for ID4 fans, I rented the Blu-Ray version and it didn't include the eight minutes of extra scenes, which was a bummer for me since I watch the LE DVD so often. Hopefully that won't be the last version.

And if you haven't seen Wall*E (and you like Pixar films), go see it. Best Pixar movie evar. Finding Nemo was my fav until it came out.
Old 07-05-2008, 05:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Agent T is the fucking MAN!!!!Agent T is the fucking MAN!!!!Agent T is the fucking MAN!!!!
Agent T is the fucking MAN!!!!Agent T is the fucking MAN!!!!Agent T is the fucking MAN!!!!Agent T is the fucking MAN!!!!Agent T is the fucking MAN!!!!Agent T is the fucking MAN!!!!Agent T is the fucking MAN!!!!Agent T is the fucking MAN!!!!Agent T is the fucking MAN!!!!Agent T is the fucking MAN!!!!Agent T is the fucking MAN!!!!Agent T is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Quote:
And if you haven't seen Wall*E (and you like Pixar films), go see it. Best Pixar movie evar. Finding Nemo was my fav until it came out.
took my girl to see that a week ago, pretty funny movie
Agent T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2008, 07:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Im a huge fan of Pixar, have all of them. Took my family to see it and it was awsome!! The message that this movie gives is super, wish everyone will see it. Big comback for Pixar with this one since IMO Cars and Ratatuid (spell) didn't quite got the attention that the ones before got.

My all time favorites Toy Story 1 And 2.

And for those of you who don't know:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435761/news#ni0077934
http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/05/20/...incredibles-2/

Can't wait for TS3 hopefully The incredibles 2 will be better than the first one.

PS---- What is ID4?

Going on vacation to Disney and Universal Studios on August and I will make sure that I get pictures with all the Pixar characters...... Thats the place a kid can be a kid, right? LOL.

Last edited by Boricuanolgy; 07-05-2008 at 07:16 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:43 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Independence Day, ID4 was the title they advertised at the time of release. I'd link a trailer, but I'm currently at work (no fun allowed here). I saw ID4 the first day; it was the only movie I can remember that had everyone cheering and applauding at the end.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Independence Day, ID4 was the title they advertised at the time of release. I'd link a trailer, but I'm currently at work (no fun allowed here). I saw ID4 the first day; it was the only movie I can remember that had everyone cheering and applauding at the end.
I have this movie, you were right EVERYBODY was screaming, applauding and laugthing.

I was rolling when Dennis Quid said " I fly, Im a pilot" and when the people at the bar said that he has Kidnapp and abuse by the alien Sexually, LOL.

This is the type of movie that all the characters were cool, shit I have seen so many times this movie that I think I have the whole script memorised.

Anyway whats different on the Blu Ray version?

Last edited by Boricuanolgy; 07-06-2008 at 07:41 AM.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:56 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boricuanolgy View Post
I have this movie, you were right EVERYBODY was screaming, applauding and laugthing.

I was rolling when Dennis Quid said " I fly, Im a pilot" and when the people at the bar said that he has Kidnapp and abuse by the alien Sexually, LOL.

This is the type of movie that all the characters were cool, shit I have seen so many times this movie that I think I have the whole script memorised.
Yup, there are so many memorable moments in this movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boricuanolgy View Post
Anyway whats different on the Blu Ray version?

Some scenes are missing that were restored in the Limited Edition. It was more or less character development but to me, it's essential as I've watched what I term the complete edition so often.

What I've noticed missing in the first thirty minutes (roughly) of the Blu-Ray edition:

In the beginning the president wakes up and engages in a conversation with the Secretary of the Press about slander against the President in a newspaper article. In the theatrical version the exchange is cut short after a somewhat defensive comment. In the limited edition the President goes on to explain that it doesn't matter so long as he manages to "get something accomplished." The Press Secretary comments that another article labels him as one of the top ten most attractive men in America and he states "well, that's accomplishing something."

Later on David and Moishe are playing a game of chess. In the theatrical movie David's pager goes off he says goodbye to his father after announcing checkmate. In the limited edition Moishe asks David why he's still wearing his wedding ring after 3 years of being seperated.

I can't quite remember what is missing in the following scene, but I'll describe it as I remember from the Limited Edition:

Russell is released from jail in the wake of the alien craft arrival and the social uprise. Miguel is just about to drive off when Russell cuts him off waving. "You read my mind!" Miguel then gets out and tells Russell that he's leaving without him and going to his uncle's house. Russell and Miguel contine to argue until Troy stomps out and throws his medicine bottle to the ground, crushing it.

Later on, David and Moishe are trying to reach the White House, with Moishe driving his old car and David trying to find Constance's private cell number on his laptop. In the Blu-Ray version he finds it without much trouble. In the Limited Edition his father suggests he look for their married name, even though Constance never took David's last name when they were married. David finds it and Moishe says "see, what do I know."

I've watched the Limited Edition so many times I couldn't bring myself to continue watching the Blu-Ray. I compare it to going to Disneyland, and realizing that all signs of Mickey have been retracted, in light of a lawsuit from of the original creator's representative. It wouldn't feel like Disneyland anymore, and the Blu-Ray version for me just doesn't feel like ID4 without the extra scenes. They develop character and show a more realistic (less hollywood) side of the main characters.

Last edited by Aeroflux; 07-06-2008 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

I have the original single CD one, but I know that the have the limited edition with two CDs that I was trying to get my hands on. So if you are saying that the Blu ray is different in the way that they just cut scenes than its not worth it, I don't mind if they ad stuff to it but don't cut any specially if Im paying $30 for an "old" movie anyway!!!
Old 07-07-2008, 05:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

It's scenes that were added in the Limited Edition DVD, so nothing was cut from the original theatrical version.

I'm just hella touchy when it comes to ID4, watched my LE version so long I can't stand watching a shorter version.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:27 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Ok got Transformers and also ID4 on sale black friday, Iron Man was sold out, Damm it! Prices keep droping for the blueray, so I will be getting the ones that I want litlle by little.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Black Hawk Down also The Ponisher I got for Christmas. Have my eye on First Blood and some other ones, they have them at walmart for $10.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 19 crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to crazymx6

Dark Knight....

crazymx6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2008, 07:37 PM   #19 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 31 93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....
93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....93 red ls Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 82 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 93 red ls

i havent got real hooked on the blue rays yet, dont even have one lol....
do they play better thans normal dvds or better picture or anything??

93 red ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2008, 07:41 PM   #20 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Burn after reading, Eagle Eye, The Dark Knight, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and The Departed.

Quote:
you will get stuck in the "willfully ignorant" category and I will do what I can to see that you never get an answer to any question you ever ask on this forum again.

BiggieBert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in