NHRA in Englishtown today lost a great racer Scott kalitta - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Entertainment Area

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2008, 11:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Shoot me!

Rep Power: 45 Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 50 reviews
Default NHRA in Englishtown today lost a great racer Scott kalitta

I was at engilshtown today with my pops he's almost 70 years old we both love john force the guy is a legand. But most of all we love the funny cars/top fuel. This race is usally on fathers day and i've been trying to drag my dad to this race for years and we finally get to go we meet john force shake his hand he's a great guy funny as fuck thats a dream come true right there. But the day ended on a sad note with a life ending crash taking the life of Scott Kalitta. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DziJdGwFQjU I know theres a thread about this already but i was there and just wanted to share my thoughts on how quick you life can end. Be careful out there fellas.

GO STEELERS!

Last edited by Hellhatch; 06-21-2008 at 11:59 PM.
Hellhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2008, 10:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

I heard about that yesterday and saw the vid. It burst into flames near the finish line after a good run and it didn't slow down. Didn't slow down much if any...makes me think the explosion did him in. RIP.
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2008, 12:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

not going into details here.........but he was knocked out and never got on the brakes........

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2008, 09:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
not going into details here.........but he was knocked out and never got on the brakes........
Exactly what I thought...
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2008, 03:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 18 Boricuanolgy is hot as a volcanoBoricuanolgy is hot as a volcano
Boricuanolgy is hot as a volcanoBoricuanolgy is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

Quote:
They should come out with something that can let the crew stop the car by remote control or something. I knew that first explosion probably knock him out, but it there was a way to stop a car at the speed he was going that probably could have save him from the crash at the end of the track. Also something to stop all that flame, if the driver is out how the hell he is gonna press that fire safety thing , hit the brakes or the parachute.

Its just sad.
Boricuanolgy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2008, 03:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 24 mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to mightyjoecivic

thats terrible. prayers to his family. The video also doesnt work anymore, nhra took it off.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1993 Ford Cobra #1252 of 4993-- Bone stock

Tuning, the other bolt-on.

**Insert 95' 4dr civic...soon**
mightyjoecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2008, 12:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boricuanolgy View Post
They should come out with something that can let the crew stop the car by remote control or something. I knew that first explosion probably knock him out, but it there was a way to stop a car at the speed he was going that probably could have save him from the crash at the end of the track. Also something to stop all that flame, if the driver is out how the hell he is gonna press that fire safety thing , hit the brakes or the parachute.

Its just sad.
Lets just sit around a camefire and sing kumbyya (sp!)......

I've seen the after pics.....wadded up frame, broken axle housing.......

My best guess......the sand trap flipped him and while upside down the BACK of the car hit the cement post that held the barrier.

Better Chutes, remote deployment, rear brakes at 50% and when crossing the finish line......but what if that fails? Electro Servo valves to shut off the fuel valves at the finish?

1000?

One mag?

I won't get into the timing retard MANDATES of NHRA to slow the cars already, but 275-280 mph at the 1/8.......think about it.

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

I know that the speed that this people run any mistake and its almost a garantee you will get hurt, if you are one of the lucky ones. I just think they should come up with something. But I get your point bones, its just a sad ending that maybe in time and more research and development, could be preventive.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

There is a pic floating around that shows his hand reaching for the chutes as the body was blowing off......or he was knocked out and let go of the wheel.

IF I had to go out, it'd be like that or Dale Sr did.

When it is your time, accept fate. I'd rather go quickly than be a veggie.

Quote:
Old 06-25-2008, 05:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
IF I had to go out, it'd be like that or Dale Sr did.

When it is your time, accept fate. I'd rather go quickly than be a veggie.
You got that right, even my father says that to me, " I hope the day I die, It will be quick, I don't want to be all sick and in pain till I die"

If I die let be racing or having sex, LOL. either way I be happy!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 09:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

Yea. Scott Died Loving what he did best. But not like that tho. Prayers for the Family and Friends.

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2008, 09:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Live,love,laugh,be real

Rep Power: 39 4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

if there is a way to help this type of event from happening i would like to think either the NHRA or another entity is efforting the R&D work to get it handled...

R.I.P. my mom - I miss you
10/3/1945-6/16/2007

R.I.P. - MiloReaper & Pat Primmer

96' CE1 Lx - Wags

04' Pilot EXL - Black Pile - Love it

is your friend, try it

[youtube ][ /youtube]

4Door is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2008, 03:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

plenty going on, just not seen HERE.

KK talking about retiring, Gary as well. Force might hang it up too.

Thing is, the track had little to do with it.

Quote:
Old 06-26-2008, 07:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
plenty going on, just not seen HERE.

KK talking about retiring, Gary as well. Force might hang it up too.

Thing is, the track had little to do with it.
Englishtown is one of the best track in the nation, thats why almost in all of the events at that track theres always a new record being broken, is better to retired now and just relax, but this guys have racing in their vains is not easy to retired even thou a lot of them have enougth money to do so, they just doing it for the love of the sport.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in