xbox 360 update? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Entertainment Area

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2007, 10:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 MrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Unhappy xbox 360 update?

So I know a few people on here have a 360, and I was just wondering what you thought about the "fall update".

I no longer can get pictures from my pc to my xbox, maketpalce takes forever to load. Hate the xbox "news letter" thing. If I wanted it I would have signed up for it through my e mail. Why is stuff that I have already deleted off my hard drive appering back.... and why is stuff that was there now gone? Sorry end of rant.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

... We had an accident...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:

Good sellers/traders: kiloviper, ic3tray, necro, mintchoc91, 92SIcivic, silvertuner98, lilred, guest, sleepingciv, Max713
MrHalder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2007, 10:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Screwy lewy in red

lewy is about to kiss the skylewy is about to kiss the skylewy is about to kiss the skylewy is about to kiss the skylewy is about to kiss the skylewy is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to lewy

Sorr to here about you hard drive problems. Get a PS3. Next update will be able to download DIVX movies from Joox.net download them onto your hard drive and then watch it on you HD 1080p tv. I can't wait.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 MrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to allMrHalder is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewy View Post
Sorr to here about you hard drive problems. Get a PS3. Next update will be able to download DIVX movies from Joox.net download them onto your hard drive and then watch it on you HD 1080p tv. I can't wait.
no I'll pass, thanks tho.

Xbox live FTW.

:

Good sellers/traders: kiloviper, ic3tray, necro, mintchoc91, 92SIcivic, silvertuner98, lilred, guest, sleepingciv, Max713
Old 12-09-2007, 10:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Screwy lewy in red

lewy is about to kiss the skylewy is about to kiss the skylewy is about to kiss the skylewy is about to kiss the skylewy is about to kiss the skylewy is about to kiss the sky

It all good. Have fun with your XBOX 360.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 34 civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to civic97

i want and xbox 360 but i dont like hearing shit like this

FUCK THIEVES

COD: KING!!!
civic97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2007, 10:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
COOOOOOL BEAAANNNS

Chucksta It's a JDM Star Bitches....Chucksta It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Chucksta Send a message via AIM to Chucksta Send a message via MSN to Chucksta Send a message via Skype™ to Chucksta

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic97 View Post
i want and xbox 360 but i dont like hearing shit like this
it's micro$oft
Old 12-09-2007, 10:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Screwy lewy in red

Tell me about Im a big PS3 fan, but I want to get a Black XBOX 360 Elite, but damn, but hearing stuff like that is pushing me away too.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 34 civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !civic97 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Tell me about Im a big PS3 fan, but I want to get a Black XBOX 360 Elite, but damn, but hearing stuff like that is pushing me away too.
i want the black one also. i actually want both ps3 and a xbox. i want the ps3 because i have a psp.

FUCK THIEVES

Old 12-09-2007, 10:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Screwy lewy in red

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksta View Post
it's micro$oft
And thats why there having problems with there Vista OS.

It kinda of funny the original XBOX was nice as with Windows XP PRO.

NOW.....

They roll out Microsoft XBOX 360 problems with there overheating units and Microsoft Vista with there security issue and driver problems.

I don't mean to bash Microsoft but damn customers want trustworty products to to work properly.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
COOOOOOL BEAAANNNS

Chucksta It's a JDM Star Bitches....Chucksta It's a JDM Star Bitches....
Send a message via ICQ to Chucksta Send a message via AIM to Chucksta Send a message via MSN to Chucksta Send a message via Skype™ to Chucksta

no, microsoft desrves all the bashing you can give them. They rip evrey body off and give them faulty products that haven't been fully tested.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Screwy lewy in red

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic97 View Post
i want the black one also. i actually want both ps3 and a xbox. i want the ps3 because i have a psp.
I have the PS3 I love it. But Im trying to hook up my PSP and PS3 remotely so I can turn on my PS3 from my PSP from work and play music and video thru wifi. I already swapped out the 20GB HDD for a 200 HDD. Its like an Ipod video on steriods.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:35 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
I have the PS3 I love it. But Im trying to hook up my PSP and PS3 remotely so I can turn on my PS3 from my PSP from work and play music and video thru wifi. I already swapped out the 20GB HDD for a 200 HDD. Its like an Ipod video on steriods.
that sounds sick. but i think im leaning toward the xbox first.

FUCK THIEVES

Old 12-11-2007, 06:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Not to smash all the "up with PS3 and down with 360" thats going on in the off topic thread.... I've owned my 360 since they first came out (number 2 in line at best buy the day they were released) and have NEVER had a problem with it except some minor thing from the update.Yeah its microsoft... but everything has problem when it first come out... ( the iPHONE?) Sometimes I just think microsoft attempts to take a jump when all they need is two steps... (the xbox fall update). The spring update last year was all good with no problems, and xbox live has been the best online line I've played, to date. Yeah you'll get people that wine "but you have to pay".... I say good, if you can't afford $7 a month to play on line, then get off your ass and get a job. sorry.....

/rant

I was just asking if anyone else is haveing these problems to.

Time to get back to work.

:

Old 12-13-2007, 08:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 PCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
That box is evil, and it's had it's own share of problems, from the last update the RSS feed crashing the entire system to a hard reset to problems in development of games and porting. (Cough, EA, Orange Box, Cough) It's a nice console, but I'm not sold yet, even after playing resistance, uncharted, warhawk, ratchet and clank future, and everyday shooter.

Quote:
And thats why there having problems with there Vista OS.

It kinda of funny the original XBOX was nice as with Windows XP PRO.

NOW.....

They roll out Microsoft XBOX 360 problems with there overheating units and Microsoft Vista with there security issue and driver problems.

I don't mean to bash Microsoft but damn customers want trustworty products to to work properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksta View Post
no, microsoft desrves all the bashing you can give them. They rip evrey body off and give them faulty products that haven't been fully tested.
OK, I'm gonna bite, being both a 360 and a vista tester in their connect program. The issue of the 360 comes from heat, and a shitty case design from a design overlook. The developer units shipped in the original xbox cases, and they have more room for ambient temp to escape. The concave design of the 360 case and a shitty heatpipe design for clearance issues lead to the red ring hell. At least they did the responsible thing and extended warrenties and are repairing out of warranty boxes (I just did a call for a launch box that red ringed) for FREE! They know there is a problem, the new premium units and the elite got the 45nm chips, so less heat production.

As for vista, security wise, it's gotten the best score card from the experts of any windows OS released since 3.11. The issue with vista came from fixing a long time problem and having to get 3rd party companies to get on the boat (some of which still haven't). The removal of kernel level calls for drivers gets rid of the majority of the critical stop and BSOD errors 2K and XP saw. UAC is basically the sudo setup for windows now, with authorization to elevate administrative tasks.

At launch, shit didn't work because the drivers and software was designed to have full access to the system, it can't in vista, so with defaults turned on, it bitches and doesn't function 100%. I've been running it for over 2 years on a main production system and a test rig, my laptop hasn't had a single issue and it's an older D600 latitude. Dell got on the ball for support. My test rig, well pre-release software has issues, it's my job to find them so you don't have as much to bitch about. I know I'm getting overly defensive on this, but it's tiring to listen to everyone bitch about the company's practices when they don't know how the testing actually works or what MS is doing. Don't assume that because you hear it's crap, that everything is true, dig into the details. As for comparing it to XP, pre SP1, it's better, XPs been out for over 5 years now with 2 major updates, the third now in final testing. As an OS is out in the world, more issues in it are found and fixed. SP1 for vista hit final release candidates a week ago and is now public. Given a new security system, a totally rewriten network stack and stripping drivers out of the kernel, I can't say that it's been a bad release. Then again I've seen it since build 5219 over 2 years ago and been working with it since, so I'm not going off what some so called expert writes in a review, I'm going off my use of the OS.

Last edited by PCracer51; 12-13-2007 at 09:05 PM.
PCracer51 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2007, 01:27 AM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 RollinEK is learning the way of the DRollinEK is learning the way of the D

I love my Xbox 360 Elite ( the black one ), never had any issues, not even the fall update. Didnt lose any transferred date nor did i gain anything i was not supposed to. My neighbor has a PS3 and the only cool thing about it is BluRay and GT5. Other than that, Ill start a fire with my $400 before i would buy something I personally would not enjoy. I hate sony's online multiplayer, XBL is a billion times better. But at least Sony is changing some thing on their online data to make it more bearable.

Last edited by RollinEK; 12-19-2007 at 01:32 AM.
RollinEK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2007, 08:57 AM   #16 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHalder View Post
So I know a few people on here have a 360, and I was just wondering what you thought about the "fall update".

I no longer can get pictures from my pc to my xbox, maketpalce takes forever to load. Hate the xbox "news letter" thing. If I wanted it I would have signed up for it through my e mail. Why is stuff that I have already deleted off my hard drive appering back.... and why is stuff that was there now gone? Sorry end of rant.
That fucking update screwed my box as well. Since the update my xbox has frozen on two different occasions along with doing some of the stuff you mentioned.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2007, 09:10 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 DirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatnessDirtyDseriesWOOT is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DirtyDseriesWOOT

they will fix what the messed up on the update they always do.. microsoft might be a lil too optomistic when letting things out in the public when they are not ready , but they have the best customer service EVER!!
when my box had the ring i called then sent me a box with packaging.. ups CAME TO MY HOUSE picked it up.. got my box back in 1 week.. works fine and havent had the problem since..

live destroys ps3's CRAP

i bought the ps3 when i came out.. bought resistance supposedly the best shooter .. man i played for 30 mins and i sold that crap.. was boring.. graphics werent that great beacause they dont come with the hdmi cable stock..

id rather spend my money on a blueray/hd dvd player for 400 bucks so i ca still play the format that wins the battle than pay for a ps3..

i went to gamestop and eb games ot get guitar hero 3 they were all sold out of 360 versions , but they had @ least 12 copys of ps3 because noone owns one...

PS3 blows donkey dick..

If i were GT5 team i would cut up my contract and sell te game to microsoft

94 RHD samba green -SOLD!

uhh rep me or somthing!

Professional FireFighter

DirtyDseriesWOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2007, 09:20 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

shocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shocker911

the best time to buy a system is not during holiday times. they push to build more units so quality control goes down thus over-heating,hard drive failures. like march-aug is like prime time to buy a system. and with Ps3's im not a big fan lack of games is what does it for me and waiting to see blue ray or HD is the way to go.BUT 5 big games are coming out for PS3 tho. but x-box FTW and x-box live FTW

add to the list
shocker911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2007, 09:55 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCracer51 View Post
As for vista, security wise, it's gotten the best score card from the experts of any windows OS released since 3.11. The issue with vista came from fixing a long time problem and having to get 3rd party companies to get on the boat (some of which still haven't). The removal of kernel level calls for drivers gets rid of the majority of the critical stop and BSOD errors 2K and XP saw. UAC is basically the sudo setup for windows now, with authorization to elevate administrative tasks.
mine still has more problems then if i had gotten a mac.

better product out of the box > first new product on the market, imo.

OP: imho, if your having issue with you xbox you should talk to microsoft about it. even if some other people are having the same issue, bitching on the net will not fix the issue. getting others to bitch on the net will not solve the problem. calling microsoft every other day will probably get you a better result or a fix to your problem.

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in