geforce mx 4000 video card ?? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Entertainment Area

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2007, 02:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews
Default geforce mx 4000 video card ??

they have a deal right now at frys for this card for $25 with $20 mail in rebate. so 5 bucks for a video card. is it any good? I pretty much only watch video on youtube etc. some times dvds, sometime I play starcraft. would I even see a difference. when I view youtube in full screen the picture pretty much goes to crap. will this change that at all?

running 900mhz w/ 512ram, ........
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2007, 02:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 PCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I've seen the 6200 for about the same setup (under $5-10 after MIR), so for a 4 series, I'd say no.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PCracer51 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2007, 02:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano

^ where? at frys?
will a video card make youtube/full screen look better?
Old 11-05-2007, 02:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
COOOOOOL BEAAANNNS

Chucksta It's a JDM Star Bitches....Chucksta It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Chucksta Send a message via AIM to Chucksta Send a message via MSN to Chucksta Send a message via Skype™ to Chucksta

no lol, not worth it. The screen goes to crap because of the resolution of the video not the gfx card. The only place you would see a difference would be starcraft.
well what exactly do you mean goes to crap? it looks bad or it gets all laggy?

Last edited by Chucksta; 11-05-2007 at 02:35 PM.
Chucksta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2007, 03:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

well, it doesnt go to crap. it just looks worse a little laggy I guess now that you say that. it would be sick if it looked the same as it does when its small, like when watch movies . what about watching dvds on my computer. would it help that at all??
Old 11-05-2007, 05:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 RandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 26 reviews

thats the one I have in my computer...
I ran vista...but it doesn't support aero
pretty good for a basic computer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RandysSOHC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2007, 06:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 PCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropes

the youtube videos it's mostly the resolution they are, they can't be blown up too large and still look crystal clear. I've seen shitty quality on a variaty of hardware from online videos. Lower quality = less bandwidth and storage space.

the best thing I've done for video playback on like DVD/media center was to get a supported codec installed and updated.

The deal I saw is over now (MIR went through oct 31), but buy.com had a 6200 for $39 - $25 MIR - $10 for using google checkout for the first time.

Old 11-05-2007, 06:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 green_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

GeForce 4's don't get enough credit, the MX is only NOW getting games that won't support it.

If I built my server it would have an MX in it for sure, unless my pops feels like parting with his radeon 7000 for free.

Heck, my ATI x800xt was the stuff when it came out but there are games that don't support it now, and it's only been what, 2 1/2 years since it came out? The MX came out what, 5 years ago?

6200s are nice in comparison but forget the shader model 3 advertisement. It don't work. Not quite enough horsepower if you know what I mean!
green_hornet_96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2007, 06:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

the 6200 is in mine now, decent card, kinda hard to love it though since it's only in there because my x1600 is now a paperweight.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 mrblur is a name known to allmrblur is a name known to allmrblur is a name known to allmrblur is a name known to allmrblur is a name known to allmrblur is a name known to allmrblur is a name known to allmrblur is a name known to allmrblur is a name known to allmrblur is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Chucksta is correct....or you can spen 600 dollars on a GTX 8800 ultra..
mrblur is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2007, 09:47 PM   #11 (permalink)

thanks for the info. I totally fell out of new hardware. the last and only video card I had was nvidia tnt2...., I believe. which did make the operating system look better. hopefully I actually get the rebate back. what the fuck is up with mail in rebates anyway.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:22 PM   #12 (permalink)

what about the video out on this card?
I did have another video card a long ass time ago that had video out that sucked.

Also what are you guys experiences with MIR's from frys????
Old 11-07-2007, 09:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

video out has gotten a lot better over time, it's fine on my 6200, X1600 and FX5200 that are in the rigs right now. They've even gone to HDMI with HDR support for some cards now (woot for HDTV).

Never bought from fry's, have friends who have with no issues on sale or MIRs.

Last edited by PCracer51; 11-07-2007 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:29 AM   #14 (permalink)

by fine, do you mean fine.... or does it look good enough to even be enjoyable or worth doing?
Old 11-08-2007, 08:05 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

video playback and gaming on a standard TV was good enough to enjoy, the TVs have a hard time displaying text that is small, so surfing the web may not be worth it. It's clearer for both on the newer HDTVs (component out or DVI to HDMI).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in