LS1 Swapped Evo - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Entertainment Area

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2007, 06:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 SupraRXZ is learning the way of the DSupraRXZ is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Default LS1 Swapped Evo

SupraRXZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2007, 06:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 greasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

holy shit thats badass
greasemonky50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2007, 07:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
FF Misfit

Rep Power: 26 boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 24 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostdelinquent Send a message via MSN to boostdelinquent Send a message via Yahoo to boostdelinquent

What a waste. If you want a V-8 buy a fucking domestic.
That's b/c he is a BAMF son haven't you seen his other threads? He drinks cocktails all day long and sits by the pool. That whole "chuck norris is a badass" thing is a true story based off of Jakes life.

You don't know? Better ask somebody.
boostdelinquent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2007, 07:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 greasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regulargreasemonky50 is obviously a regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostdeliquent View Post
What a waste. If you want a V-8 buy a fucking domestic.
true o just like the way it sounded. its pretty pointless in the evo when its already a v8 killer.
greasemonky50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2007, 07:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 d16rice smells like Boratd16rice smells like Boratd16rice smells like Boratd16rice smells like Boratd16rice smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

pretty cool, but is it really worth it?
I liked the LS1 EK hach better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
d16rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2007, 07:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
i shoot stuff

superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....superdewey58 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to superdewey58

would have better ina CAMARO

do u live in south florida
Quote:
What happend to the hood? Looks like a fat girl jumped on it.
superdewey58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2007, 09:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Shackle me NOT!!!

flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....

hmmmm, while I admire the work, I honestly think that a stock evo would spank it.

It just seems to make a shit load of noisy and break traction........unless there is other footage somewhere.
flatfourfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2007, 11:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 Candycane04 will become famous soon enoughCandycane04 will become famous soon enoughCandycane04 will become famous soon enough

thats fucking awesome. Now, if they could just get that power to the ground......

Check out Cletus's V-8 RX7

Last edited by Candycane04; 10-02-2007 at 11:26 PM.
Candycane04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2007, 05:45 AM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Agent T is the fucking MAN!!!!Agent T is the fucking MAN!!!!Agent T is the fucking MAN!!!!
Agent T is the fucking MAN!!!!Agent T is the fucking MAN!!!!Agent T is the fucking MAN!!!!Agent T is the fucking MAN!!!!Agent T is the fucking MAN!!!!Agent T is the fucking MAN!!!!Agent T is the fucking MAN!!!!Agent T is the fucking MAN!!!!Agent T is the fucking MAN!!!!Agent T is the fucking MAN!!!!Agent T is the fucking MAN!!!!Agent T is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

i havent seen many vids of V8 swapped imports, but what i have seen, they never actually get on it, they always just burn out or stomp it for like a second, why is that?
Agent T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2007, 07:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 Candycane04 will become famous soon enoughCandycane04 will become famous soon enoughCandycane04 will become famous soon enough

I think they are just too light to even hook up. My buddy had a 92 notch foxbody and he had it completely gutted and switched to a carbed 302 which was made into a 331. Had no hook up whatso ever, He could roll on it and get moving VERY fast but if he launched or tore through gears it was all over the place. It weighed somewhere around 2,000. It's all in suspension and tires when you got that much power in something so light.
Candycane04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2007, 08:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
Worst Mechanic Ever!

Haysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_EJ8 View Post
i havent seen many vids of V8 swapped imports, but what i have seen, they never actually get on it, they always just burn out or stomp it for like a second, why is that?
The RWD civic videos are the same way too. It's just cause the swap is for shit's and giggles. Like someone said, a stock evo could probably dominate it.
Haysoos is my hero
Quote:
i make girls cry..and it gives me wood.
95 Civic Ex w/ d16z6
Exedy 11lb flywheel, Exedy Stg 1 clutch
OBX LSD (Installed by Transzex)
KYB AGX, Eibach sportlines
ES master kit

Did D-series help you?
Help D-series,

Haysoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2007, 08:18 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

K2e2vin It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to K2e2vin

I doubt a stock EVO will take that(maybe through a road course). That's a blown LS1; probably around 400whp or more(once the belt is put on), and around 300hp stock.
1992 Honda Accord LX coupe

Last edited by K2e2vin; 10-03-2007 at 08:25 AM.
K2e2vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2007, 08:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
Worst Mechanic Ever!

Haysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcanoHaysoos is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2e2vin View Post
I doubt a stock EVO will take that(maybe through a road course). That's a blown LS1; probably around 400whp or more(once the belt is put on), and around 300hp stock.
Yeah, and it's 2wd. Might get the stock evo from a roll, but not from a stop...
Haysoos is my hero
Quote:
95 Civic Ex w/ d16z6
ES master kit

Did D-series help you?
Help D-series,

Old 10-03-2007, 08:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Yea, it'll win on maybe a short short track; but a AWD does not have a huge advantage over a RWD. There are plenty of Cobra's and such that can take a EVO.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
Worst Mechanic Ever!

Quote:
Yea, it'll win on maybe a short short track; but a AWD does not have a huge advantage over a RWD. There are plenty of Cobra's and such that can take a EVO.
lol, yeah, but this isn't a factory installed V8, you don't know what corners they cut or what drivetrain they used. AWD has a good advantage on the launch when the other car is spin happy...
Haysoos is my hero
Quote:
95 Civic Ex w/ d16z6
ES master kit

Did D-series help you?
Help D-series,

Old 10-03-2007, 09:17 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

That's if the other car is spin happy. Those that can control their launches can hang right behind a AWD car.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:47 AM   #17 (permalink)
FF Misfit

Rep Power: 26 boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 24 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostdelinquent Send a message via MSN to boostdelinquent Send a message via Yahoo to boostdelinquent

Quote:
Those that can control their launches can hang right behind a AWD car.
Yup, you said it.
That's b/c he is a BAMF son haven't you seen his other threads? He drinks cocktails all day long and sits by the pool. That whole "chuck norris is a badass" thing is a true story based off of Jakes life.

You don't know? Better ask somebody.
boostdelinquent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2007, 10:02 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

That's only on launches. No doubt AWD's always get the jump off the line. Someone who knows how to launch can shorten the distance the AWD puts on them at the line. There's a video of a EVO vs. M3 or M5, where the M3 is at his bumper off the line, then just reels him in.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:08 AM   #19 (permalink)

V8 in a evo = bad ass would i do it no but then again would i buy a V8 or a mitsu no. then again throw some micky t's o it and a blower it would be pissed.
space6977 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2007, 11:53 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 C.S.A. Civic  is accepted as part of the communityC.S.A. Civic  is accepted as part of the communityC.S.A. Civic  is accepted as part of the communityC.S.A. Civic  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

should of stayed awd
C.S.A. Civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in