who knows shit about cpus, dvd player sound no video - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Entertainment Area

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2007, 03:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews
Default who knows shit about cpus, dvd player sound no video

I have xp pro and a lite-on dvdRW. I've been using vlc media player in the past to watch dvds in the past. Just recently after reinstalling window, I think installed it a couple time and it didnt work. Its a copy thats not in the best of condition, but it installs windows and I can do EVERY thing else.

It was working on xp w/ sp2 but I hate reinstalling it every month so I dont have to activate it. but does anybody have any idea with just the audio wont play. I can burn dvds and do everything else with it. I also downloaded the lastest version from download.com. as opposed to the copy that I have thats worked the past, that doesnt work now...........
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2007, 06:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
COOOOOOL BEAAANNNS

Chucksta It's a JDM Star Bitches....Chucksta It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Chucksta Send a message via AIM to Chucksta Send a message via MSN to Chucksta Send a message via Skype™ to Chucksta

is it just that program the audio won't play in? If not, try downloading the audio drivers from the manufactures website.

Besides, use dvix its the best video player out there imo.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano

video wont play. actually I think it didn't work with nero or WMP ethier. I fix it though by install SP2.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
COOOOOOL BEAAANNNS

Chucksta It's a JDM Star Bitches....Chucksta It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Chucksta Send a message via AIM to Chucksta Send a message via MSN to Chucksta Send a message via Skype™ to Chucksta

It's probably just a codec error.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 20 ddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcano
ddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to ddd4114 Send a message via AIM to ddd4114 Send a message via MSN to ddd4114 Send a message via Yahoo to ddd4114

When you say it doesn't play, do you mean it gives you an error message, or is there no video?

Read My Stuff:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ddd4114 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2007, 09:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 green_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Best multimedia pack ever. http://www.cccp-project.net/

Installs Media Player Classic, which has DVD playing features.

Contains codecs for most everything. I haven't found a file it wouldn't play yet.

I used to use VLC, but it screwed up subtitles on a few anime series I watch, and had a nasty habit of crashing halfway through an episode.
green_hornet_96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2007, 09:36 AM   #7 (permalink)

ddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcano
Send a message via ICQ to ddd4114 Send a message via AIM to ddd4114 Send a message via MSN to ddd4114 Send a message via Yahoo to ddd4114

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_hornet_96 View Post
Best multimedia pack ever. http://www.cccp-project.net/

Installs Media Player Classic, which has DVD playing features.

Contains codecs for most everything. I haven't found a file it wouldn't play yet.

I used to use VLC, but it screwed up subtitles on a few anime series I watch, and had a nasty habit of crashing halfway through an episode.
I'm always weary of codec packs, but... I guess they do get the job done.

I have never had a problem with VLC. Guest, I recommend trying it if you haven't already. green_hornet_96, I assume you tried reinstalling it and/or reverting to the default settings? In my experience, VLC can play everything that other video players can not.

Read My Stuff:

Old 09-23-2007, 11:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 green_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddd4114 View Post
I'm always weary of codec packs, but... I guess they do get the job done.

I have never had a problem with VLC. Guest, I recommend trying it if you haven't already. green_hornet_96, I assume you tried reinstalling it and/or reverting to the default settings? In my experience, VLC can play everything that other video players can not.
CCCP hasn't had any codec conflicts that I've found yet.

VLC had trouble with Code Geass (the crashes), Darker than BLACK (missing/overlapped subtitles), and wouldn't even give subtitles for another series, I can't remember which one. I think it was Bokura Ga Ita, but I'm not sure.

Besides, I got fed up with having to click video>subtitles>english on every episode. CCCP enables them automatically by default, which is nice.

I know it has a DVD function, I just tried it, but I'm a PowerDVD user myself for the SPDIF surround sound audio function that works with my Sound Blaster Live! card.

In terms of simplicity, I do recommend VLC because it's easy to use.

Woah, I just remembered.. my audio disappeared from VLC about 2 months ago. It turned out that windows wasn't loading an audio device (yet WMP still worked, weird...). I went to control panel> sounds and audio devices and it listed NOTHING. Had to choose my sound card for some reason.
green_hornet_96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2007, 12:27 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_hornet_96 View Post
Besides, I got fed up with having to click video>subtitles>english on every episode.
haha yeah, I can see how that would get annoying after a while.

Read My Stuff:

Old 09-23-2007, 04:21 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddd4114 View Post
When you say it doesn't play, do you mean it gives you an error message, or is there no video?
just no video. I was using VLC, I removed it and reinstalled it, not messing with any setting it didnt work. I could hear the audio in the back round.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
just no video. I was using VLC, I removed it and reinstalled it, not messing with any setting it didnt work. I could hear the audio in the back round.
Yeah, sounds like a codec issue.

I only had this problem back with Win98SE; I thought XP had that codec installed by default. Oh well, I guess not. Try green_hornet_96's multimedia pack.

Read My Stuff:

Old 09-23-2007, 04:30 PM   #12 (permalink)

Shouldnt vlc media player come with the codec?

I could have swore I had it working w/ xp pro w/out SP2
Old 09-23-2007, 04:35 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Shouldnt vlc media player come with the codec?
I'd think so.

Read My Stuff:

Old 09-23-2007, 04:47 PM   #14 (permalink)

I think its my xp disc.......... unless theres some setting I dont have set right in windows.....
Old 09-23-2007, 04:51 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
I think its my xp disc.......... unless theres some setting I dont have set right in windows.....
If you have an OEM XP CD, then I doubt it's the culprit. If you have a modified copy using N-Lite or something, then it's possible.

I wish I was running XP right now so I could poke around. I'm curious now...

Read My Stuff:

Old 09-23-2007, 04:56 PM   #16 (permalink)

its a normal win xp pro w/out sp2 copied. it looks like shit but it install windows.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 PCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropesPCracer51 is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I've used: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en and just found a codec that could handle everything I needed (for me Power DVD 5 or 6 does the trick).

PCracer51 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in