Car shows and stuff to do in your area? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Entertainment Area

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2016, 08:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 Kevvsworld will become famous soon enoughKevvsworld will become famous soon enoughKevvsworld will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Car shows and stuff to do in your area?

My buddies and I like to take a trip each summer to somewhere new just to get out. My wife affectionately calls it our "mancation". We like cars ( well, mostly I do, but I'm the leader), so I was wondering if you fellas knew of any big car shows happening this June or July.

If there is more to do nearby, that would be awesome. A couple of my buddies are big knife and gun lovers, and we all generally like electronic/video game type stuff. A comicon would be cool, and I even looked into the Porshe driving experience in Atlanta, but it's a bit pricey. We aren't super athletic, so white water rafting and hiking aren't really our thing, although a round of golf would be quite nice.

Anyone have anything around them that fits any of this? I'm looking for ideas, so just throw it out there if you've got something. Thanks!

Kev

1993 Del Sol 5spd D16Z6. Beater project car

2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe. Laser Red Perfection.
Kevvsworld is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2016, 09:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

What area you from?

Gridlife at Road Atlanta

Quote:
#GRIDLIFE MUSIC & MOTORSPORTS FESTIVAL SOUTH

Fri, Aug 26, 2016 9:00am Sun, Aug 28, 2016 6:00pm
Road Atlanta
Road Atlanta hosts 3 days of music, motorsports and complete automotive immersion.

For the first time we will be bringing the full #GRIDLIFE experience out of the midwest and taking it down south to the legendary turns of Road Atlanta.

#GRIDLIFE South will feature more of everything you expect from a #GRIDLIFE Festival event along with new on-track features, tons of special guests, and interactive experiences throughout the paddock and spectator areas. On-track action includes round 3 of the #GRIDLIFE TrackBattle Time Attack & HPDE, along with Drifting on the full course and the first ever wheel-to-wheel feature at a #GRIDLIFE event.

Off track the #GRIDLIFE Showcase & Meet will feature the best builds from around the country and the largest meeting of enthusiasts the south has ever seen. All of this capped off with the #AFTERGRID Music festival showcasing some of the best emerging and established artists each night in the paddock. #GRIDLIFE South is going to be the one event you can't miss in 2016.

More details including on sale dates to be announced soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2016, 04:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

strippers and blow!

enjoy!

People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2016, 08:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

^We need to hang out more often...

Not to much into car shows anymore and the "good guys" car show is a bunch of old fucks who don't want to talk about their cars... So fuck em.

But I do hunt and fish down here in the south. Did both last night before the Predators game (Hockey). I also love video games and play them a lot at work lol, I get a lot of down time some days.

Some of yesterdays adventures.

Got me a Rock Bass with my new buzz bait, problem is that he got snagged through the eye when he made a pass at it.

BuzzBait for me and the fish

Through the eye (potato pic... sorry). I always catch and release but I knew this guy will likely be catfish food in a few hours/minutes.

Then I came home and this guy came back again robbing my bird feeders, repeat offenders must be dealt with! Hit him with my .22 pellet rifle from 30 yards, not a flinch. I cut the tail off and put it in the freezer, after I get a few I will send them up the road to my neighbor who fly fishes and says he was getting low on squirrel tails for his fly's, Win Win.

And I also go to the actual NHL Hockey games, they are extremely intense and seeing how big and how hard those dudes hit each other on the ice is rather incredible. One of the under appreciated sports in the US. What other sport can you get into a fist fight with the opponent and then be back out playing in 5 minutes lol.

This was when we (Nashville Predators) played the Dallas Stars in our last home game of the regular season. I also went to game 3 of the playoffs against Anaheim and a game against the Canadiens earlier in the year.

So yeah that's me! Maybe not so much car shows but it's what I do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FishinSpot.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	256.9 KB
ID:	107570   Click image for larger version

Name:	RockBass.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	342.3 KB
ID:	107578   Click image for larger version

Name:	Robber.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	425.2 KB
ID:	107586   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hockey.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	300.1 KB
ID:	107594  

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2016, 10:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 Kevvsworld will become famous soon enoughKevvsworld will become famous soon enoughKevvsworld will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Northern Arkansas here. We are surrounded by lakes and fishing. It's the thing that attracts so many tourists here in the summers. There is also tons of forest here for hunting, but deer hunting is the main sport/source for food and done in the fall.

It will be a few of us guys travelling in a buddies "family car". We won't have our own cars to run track days or anything like that, but the Road Atlanta sounds interesting. I will look into in, and thanks for the tip!

1993 Del Sol 5spd D16Z6. Beater project car

2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe. Laser Red Perfection.
Kevvsworld is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in