Win 10 upgrade.. Worth it? get in here and tell me why - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Entertainment Area

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2015, 06:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Default Win 10 upgrade.. Worth it? get in here and tell me why

So I have the opportunity to upgrade for free.

Ive read alot of reviews where people are saying they like the smoothness of it. Incorporating win7 and 8.1 all together in some harmonious mix..

Like with all windows products, theres going to be bugs.

So id like to hear some feedback if I should upgrade for free or stick with Win7

( i will say I have an issue with my computer turning on by itself and saying "please insert bootable drive" Ill hold the power button, then start it up w/o any problems. I still havent found a fix for this)
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2015, 06:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

For functionality, it is better than the 8/8.1 garbage.

For security, it requires FAR too many settings to stop the total data spying going on. There are LOOOONG guides out there to cover the basics.

There are a ton of built-in apps that by default enroll you into microsoft's version of the "customer experience" programs.

If you never touch bank accounts or credit card numbers on your computer, windows 10 is fine if you dont mind what is typed, done, or said sitting on a server somewhere.

I suggest sticking with 7 or 8/8.1 until they figure out people dont like giving up their privacy.

It is completely legal [at this time] for Microsoft to do this. They have it in the terms of service/agreement that you must hit okay or accept, if you want to upgrade oir install Win10

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2015, 07:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Absolutely not.
Im done with Windows. Ill ride on 7 until they stop updating it.

Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2015, 07:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Ahhh..

I figured they would be spying and selling info just like google and FB..

Old 08-06-2015, 07:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Two men shy of a group

Rep Power: 20 Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!

It's never a good idea to upgrade to a new software that is still in its infant stages, nothing worse than trying to make your old software work with a new operating system, compatability issues, non existant drivers, bugs and all that other crap.

Currently my pc tells me I can upgrade to 10 for free also, I clicked the enroll thing in hopes that I can upgrade for free when ever I want and not in a certain amount of time, I just purchased windows 7 for my new pc build so I see no reason to already upgrade to a new os when I've only owned win7 for like 5 months

turbo 99 ex sedan A/C build -

Alicia Aemisegger
Blu3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2015, 07:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

counterpoint, I really like 10 so far and I turned off all the nastiness built in

question to people who worry about datalogging:
do you have a windows phone, android phone or iphone? they all do the same shit and have for years...
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2015, 08:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

The difference between what Google and Facebook does is that I know exactly what data they are after and why they are after it. I draw the line at my OS.

When browsing the web and googling shit, theres no problem with them collecting info from cookies and what I do in google based accounts. But when Windows wants to connect my OS login with an online, off-site, "cloud" services in which those cookies, and passwords, and everything is integrated; now we have a problem. There is no escaping that shit. Not being logged into your google account and browsing in a private tab where cookies are not saved is not going to protect you from Microsoft collecting the info from that session. Even using a tor client, browsing onion sites, you are still logged into your allways-online windows login. This shit might as well be a keylogger.

So fuck Windows.

Trying to run old software in linux will be an interesting struggle, but thats where the future lies for those of us who want to maintain our anonymity. I just hope enough people learn of the truth behind this so that there will be a mass exodus from Windows that will fuel even more growth in the development of user-friendly linux distributions.
They have already lost a lot of users to OSX and mobile OS.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2015, 04:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

^^thats where wine comes in and you run a virtual windows xp box and all your old software will run fine on it. but also watch out for ubuntu. it tracks data as well.

if i didnt game so much i myself would think of doing the switch to linux as i do like it much better.

ive been wanting to upgrade to 10 on one of my pcs to try it out but i havnt yet. i wont be doing it on my main pc at least for now.

i have seen many people with graphics driver issues and such and thats no good for my gaming rig.

civicdxude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2015, 04:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
Two men shy of a group

Rep Power: 20 Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Definitely don't do it if it's your main/only pc, guy at work has had the win 10 technical preview for I think the last year and he said he has had issues with it just about every day

turbo 99 ex sedan A/C build -

Alicia Aemisegger
Blu3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2015, 09:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebox_civic View Post
counterpoint, I really like 10 so far and I turned off all the nastiness built in

do you have a windows phone, android phone or iphone? they all do the same shit and have for years...
Sort of connected to you, but slightly offtopic.

Remember the Motorola DroidX? The one that had terrible battery life and shit battery quality? Mine lasted nearly 7 years because the first thing I did upon getting it is turn off all unnecessary shit.

The same people who are mentioning Win10 security and data bullshit are performing the same stuff on their phones.

My point is only the sheep of the masses are letting this slide.

Build what you have!

Old 08-07-2015, 11:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

^^
Yea, but windows is turning that un-necessay shit right back on.. collecting as much info from you as possible.

I might have to crank up my old Dell Laptop running XP to feel half ass safe again.

Old 08-07-2015, 11:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

yea i have an android and of course google has been tracking everything.

the difference is what does my information do for the people taking it?

for google having access to my search history, location, and all the other stuff they pull data for it helps me. when i search things something relevant to me comes up. if i search for mcdonalds it finds the closest one to me. that sort of thing.

what i dont want is my windows os having access to my personal doc and pictures and stuff. if its on the web someone cant get to it. meaning pictures of my family or what have you(some people could have pictures of young children) addresses passwords medical records bank info you name it people store it on there computer.

thats it i want it on my computer not on Microsoft servers for someone to hack or leak my information to the world.

thats why i love my android but dont agree with windows 10.

civicdxude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2015, 11:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

I miss XP.
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2015, 02:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

One word

"Skynet"

I wouldnt do it. Seems like a lot of crap. Windows 8 had so many problems. Andni am willing to bet 10 will have just as much of not more. And i know there is a ton of spy ware on it. They claim its just to speed things up. But i dont think they should be collecting all that information.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2015, 02:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
Formally D_Tuned

Rep Power: 19 Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

Yeah no thanks, I'm still hesitant to try 8 on any PC I regularly use. For windows machines in my house, I think I'll be sticking to windows 7 and server 08R2.
Tw34k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2015, 02:26 PM   #16 (permalink)
Resident Crab

Rep Power: 50 krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krychek57 Send a message via MSN to krychek57 Send a message via Yahoo to krychek57

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebox_civic View Post

Because Microsoft /s

I like it, fast stable and works well for most of my needs. Though there are a few kinks to work out with my laptop drivers and supporting 4 monitors >_<

Also, the new Start menu is Satans asshole. Give me back my smart search with Windows 8 and dump this internet search shit. Not to mention making it hard to find newly installed applications.

TL/DR; Windows 8.1 is still awesome, suck it haters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu3 View Post
Definitely don't do it if it's your main/only pc, guy at work has had the win 10 technical preview for I think the last year and he said he has had issues with it just about every day
technical preview

Last edited by krychek57; 08-07-2015 at 02:29 PM.
krychek57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2015, 03:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esotericimage View Post
^^
Yea, but windows is turning that un-necessay shit right back on.. collecting as much info from you as possible.

I might have to crank up my old Dell Laptop running XP to feel half ass safe again.
Not if you follow instructions. There are a few things you must make windows think was an "enterprise" decision, aka a decision that the system says "not gonna fuck wit dat"

Build what you have!

Old 08-07-2015, 04:18 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK92_D16 View Post
I miss XP.
Me, too.

Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2015, 04:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
Formally D_Tuned

Rep Power: 19 Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

I wish 64bit xp was publicly released and used.
Tw34k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2015, 04:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw34k View Post
I wish 64bit xp was publicly released and used.
It was publically released.

A couple of the prebuilt gaming computers used to have the system as an option for like $50 above XP wayback when.

If by publically , you mean like a status of off-the-shelf walmart or bestbuy, then yeah, it wasnt public-ish

Build what you have!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in