Wife and I went karting and took GoPro's! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Entertainment Area

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2014, 04:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx
Default Wife and I went karting and took GoPro's!

Well, we actually took a vacation with her family to Scarborough Renaissance Faire (something I've gone with them too since we started dating in 05) in Waxahachie around Dallas. They appeased me by going to Dallas Karting Complex last year, and went back this year. That was the first karting I'd done, so this time I had a bit of an idea what to do. I wanted to qualify for the faster GTMax kart, and needed a 79 second time to do so.

First heat out, I had a tire start going down about lap 3 (didn't realize this at the time) and was flat by the end of the session but ran a 79.2. Still fun, her brothers and grandfather were out there as well.

The second session my camera apparently got some condensation, but I got a 76.7 to qualify for the GTMax kart. This was my wife driving on this camera. She's never done any motorsports other than last year trying this, so I'm pretty proud of her for pushing it more this time, and dropped 5 seconds off our first session. Same group plus two random folks who joined

Here's my heat when I rented the GTMax kart, and her brothers still had the regular karts. Her older brother (the one who got stuck in this video) was just over a second from qualifying for the faster kart. Also, these things are brutal on the arms and hands! I was already wore out from the first two sessions, and you really had to pitch this thing in hard so I was cramping by the end of this one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
< Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2014, 05:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

I'm jealous!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2014, 05:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

That is so sweet. Pretty sure I have never been on a kart that fast. I would have been giggling too.

Your wife looked like she was making some clean corners until she started to get worn out.
You link all the grounds, then wire each solenoid into the spark plug wires, that way they hit sequentially as the engine fires. This creates what I like to call asphalt shattering VTEC.

Last edited by rico58204; 04-22-2014 at 05:58 PM.
rico58204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2014, 03:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awebb View Post
I'm jealous!
I wish it wasn't four hours away, or i'd be there all the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico58204 View Post
That is so sweet. Pretty sure I have never been on a kart that fast. I would have been giggling too.

Your wife looked like she was making some clean corners until she started to get worn out.
She would make some good lines then blow other turns lol but I think if she would follow me she could see the lines and do well. I was just proud she did it, I can't even get her to ride with me at autocross.

< Like us on FB
Old 04-23-2014, 05:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 TurboD206 is da #1 stunnaTurboD206 is da #1 stunnaTurboD206 is da #1 stunnaTurboD206 is da #1 stunnaTurboD206 is da #1 stunnaTurboD206 is da #1 stunnaTurboD206 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Sick lol thanks for sharing

The Kart you drove in the last video was pretty sweet. sounds like a lil 2 smoker

They opened up PGP Motorsports Park | The Only Multipurpose Motorsports Facility of its Kind in the Pacific NorthwestPGP Motorsports Park near seattle, washington not to long ago but i have yet to make it out there.

Im planning a group by this summer with some friends and fam lol should be fun.
TurboD206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2014, 10:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Looks like a good time. I need to find a local track. I have only been once, in the lower class cars but it was a blast. We have Malibu Grand Prix out here but it is kind of weak. This track looks way more intense and faster in your vids.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2014, 02:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
endo_bobo

Rep Power: 38 sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via MSN to sir_bobos

Been to Scarborough many many times since I was little. Never knew about this though. You can rent them like a Speed Zone or something? Cost?

Looks real fun.

Last edited by sir_bobos; 04-24-2014 at 02:26 PM.
sir_bobos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2014, 02:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Rep Power: 23 Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sammo115

WTF a huge open track?! Thats fucken awesome!

The only good one we have in our area is Le Mans Karting.
Sammo115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2014, 03:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

Mediumrarechicken is almost there....Mediumrarechicken is almost there....Mediumrarechicken is almost there....Mediumrarechicken is almost there....Mediumrarechicken is almost there....Mediumrarechicken is almost there....Mediumrarechicken is almost there....Mediumrarechicken is almost there....Mediumrarechicken is almost there....
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I need to go to pgp.

How fast do those karts get up to?
Mediumrarechicken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2014, 07:45 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_bobos View Post
Been to Scarborough many many times since I was little. Never knew about this though. You can rent them like a Speed Zone or something? Cost?

Looks real fun.
Where you at in Tejas anywho?

You still go? I've been every year since my wife and I have been together, so this was my 10th time I think. I started with just some scrub pants and a peasant shirt (because if you go with my in-laws, you have to dress up), to full fledged garb now that people stop us for pictures lol. Plus, this is northeast of Dalllas in Caddo Mills right off I30. Kinda out of my way coming back from Dallas, but worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo115 View Post
WTF a huge open track?! Thats fucken awesome!

The only good one we have in our area is Le Mans Karting.
Yeah, it's definitely open. I've never been to any other ones for comparison though. Nola Motorsports Park has some arrive and drive karts and tons of track configurations but I've never been and it's about as far as this one.

< Like us on FB

Last edited by xotic_crx; 04-24-2014 at 07:47 PM.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:51 AM   #11 (permalink)
endo_bobo

Rep Power: 38 sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via MSN to sir_bobos

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotic_crx View Post
Where you at in Tejas anywho?

You still go? I've been every year since my wife and I have been together, so this was my 10th time I think. I started with just some scrub pants and a peasant shirt (because if you go with my in-laws, you have to dress up), to full fledged garb now that people stop us for pictures lol. Plus, this is northeast of Dalllas in Caddo Mills right off I30. Kinda out of my way coming back from Dallas, but worth it.
Hour north of Dallas. I haven't been in years, the group I'd go with just kinda stopped. You see Twig the Fairy there? She's smokin' hot.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:56 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_bobos View Post
Hour north of Dallas. I haven't been in years, the group I'd go with just kinda stopped. You see Twig the Fairy there? She's smokin' hot.
Yeah she is! Unfortunately she hasn't been there the last two years, but I've got a picture I'll post up when I get home of the last time she was there.

< Like us on FB
Old 04-26-2014, 07:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

Old garb, from two years ago.

Also, I have a sister that lives about an hour north of Dallas now. Never did tell me what town lol.

< Like us on FB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in