Cosmos (Continuation of Carl Sagan's original) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Entertainment Area

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 08:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Default Cosmos (Continuation of Carl Sagan's original)

I don't know how many astronomy guys that we have on here but this show came out and it and it continues and builds on Carl Sagan's show The Cosmos, alot of similar aspects used here from his original show, updated theories and of course awesome graphic effects.

One of the cool things I noticed is that Seth McFarland is the executive producer in this and said Carl Sagan was a big influence on his life and donated alot of own time/money into the project and got this project a green light so now we can all enjoy it. He also hand picked all the animators for the series.

The show is free on fox or fox.com has it or direct link down below for free streaming from fox.

COSMOS: A Spacetime Odyssey

Yes I know total nerd factor here but hey it is learning about our existence.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2014, 08:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 cticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 46 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cticknor666

Grew up watching the original and I've been waiting on this one as well. I liked the first episode a lot. I did see a lot of people complaining about all the cgi and special effects, I guess they don't understand the target audience . Thanks for the reminder about the new episode last night lol.
cticknor666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2014, 11:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

If you pay attention, Sagan's voice is used in some parts....Sagan's family is also controlling a lot of it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2014, 12:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

I loved how Neil deGrasse Tyson talked about how Sagan inspired him.

Very cool tribute to an incredible human being.

snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2014, 01:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to JaredKaragen Send a message via AIM to JaredKaragen

Nobody says millions and billions like dear old Carl......

That will stick with me for a lifetime.

Brian Greene hosted a Nova special called "The elegant universe", mostly about string/m theory. Very good watch.

*Signup Required*

1995 DelSol Si : B18C1/I/H/E Totalled. Swap is sold. Soon to part out.

Pat: You will be remembered.
JaredKaragen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2014, 01:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

We had to watch Carl Sagan's The Cosmos when I was in school. I will say that having a short attention span this was one of the few things in school that kept me glued to what was going on and actually paying attention and taking notes.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Loved the original, it got me wanting to study engineering, physics and mathematics.

The new series is really good, I like it so far

Quote:
ENMO.

An Emo car would cut its own tires and never get out of the garage.
92CXyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2014, 02:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 35 Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Liked the new one but it didn't say anything I didn't already know. Hope they make a bunch more!

"I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Black91CRXsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2014, 02:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black91CRXsi View Post
Liked the new one but it didn't say anything I didn't already know. Hope they make a bunch more!
All 13 episodes are already made

Quote:
ENMO.

An Emo car would cut its own tires and never get out of the garage.
92CXyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2014, 09:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I have a signed Cosmos book that mom won through local PBS station auction.

With Cosmos and Nova on PBS, mom had no hope for the TV.

Wild Kingdom, Cosmos, Nat Geo on PBS, NOVA,m even 60 minutes "point counter-point"....

Todays TV....we ARE doomed!

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

My sister worked on that show and her name rolls in the credits of every episode (look for the line "Assistant to Jason Clark - Rebekah Sturm"). I've known about this show for at least 6 months and have been anticipating it ever since. I have a TON of Cosmos swag (hat, shirt, mug, etc) that my sister got all of us for Christmas and a signed Cosmos book by Carl Sagan AND Neil deGrasse Tyson, pretty cool stuff! Neil deGrasse Tyson is a super smart, awesome guy (met him a few times) and is one of the most down to earth (no pun intended) people I've ever met. And yes, all 13 episodes have already been filmed and are scheduled to air.

Also, keep an eye out for Seth MacFarlane's new movie coming out in a few months: 1000 Ways to Die in the West. I saw a few trailers (can't say much more) and this movie is going to be funny as shit! And yes, my sister's name will roll in the credits for that movie too. #proudbigbrother

I don't make it rain...I make it inclement weather!

Cars:
05 Dodge Magnum RT- daily
PiKapp504 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2014, 06:32 AM   #12 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

I kind of wish I was born a few centuries from now just to see what our technology will teach us as it improves, I don't know if living in that future will be any fun though.

Quote:
Old 03-18-2014, 08:31 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Hard to say if we will be here in a few thousand years.

But I have been watching it, and it is very insightful.

I have also recently read a Nat Geo article regarding sigularities and black holes. Very very good read.

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2014, 08:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE

Rep Power: 20 Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!
Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bumpysbro

I didnt grow up watching cosmos but I found it after i graduated high school and went on my own and fell in love with science and read up about it. Great inspiration to how i teach my child to learn more and love what you do. The new cosmos was pretty cool but they said it wasnt a remake of the old cosmos but man it's just like it in every way. like bone said love how they used carl's original voice from the original show and NGT's experience with dr sagan. hope it stays great and opens up young/old minds out there.
Quote:
I want your whale penis

I almost had you man....you almost had me? You never had me..You never had your car LOL
Bumpysbro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2014, 08:19 PM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 35 Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Really liking this series

"I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Black91CRXsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2014, 07:17 PM   #16 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Good show, but nothing different from what PBS has had for years. I'd rather watch nature/animal shows myself.
NARFALICIOUS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2014, 07:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 18 Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Sentry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2014, 12:00 PM   #18 (permalink)

Rep Power: 16 TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Ahahah! I love it!

You guys really think we will make it off the rock to spread life?

How do we know the DNA that found existence on earth wasn't stray debris from another plant with life.

We found code on Asteroid as well as Base pairs floating in space via spectroscopy.

As far as modern TV, its mostly shit. Most of the informational shows have been dumber down to try to interest idiots but then has no informational value to people like me.

Kinda un-exciting and saddening. We need TV like the JDMs.
TheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2014, 02:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

We need TV like some of the BBC shows.

You want a real laugh, try to what the first episode of Hanger 1. I couldn't watch it.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in