NASCAR anyone? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Entertainment Area

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2014, 07:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default NASCAR anyone?

Did Tony Stewart really get rid of Ryan "Bad Ass" Newman for that turd Kurt Busch?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
JohnnySkills is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2014, 08:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
凸(◕_◕)凸

Rep Power: 17 kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

fuckasscar

that is all

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD
Magic Johnson fucked bitches for years and thought he was a champ....
kingyeddi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2014, 08:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Funny how everyone is so quick to discount NASCAR as a legitimate race organization because of that stupid fucking "another left turn" mentality. You realize the cars weigh over 3000lbs right? That they're front engine, RWD? That they still use hydraulic pump jacks and 5-lug wheels?

Why is it that successful Indy car drivers come to NASCAR and fail miserably?

R.I.P. Pat Primmer

Last edited by Paterico; 02-16-2014 at 08:38 PM.
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2014, 09:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
凸(◕_◕)凸

Rep Power: 17 kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by preludepatrick View Post
Funny how everyone is so quick to discount NASCAR as a legitimate race organization because of that stupid fucking "another left turn" mentality. You realize the cars weigh over 3000lbs right? That they're front engine, RWD? That they still use hydraulic pump jacks and 5-lug wheels?

Why is it that successful Indy car drivers come to NASCAR and fail miserably?
Never said it was easy, just fucking stupid. Yeah, they can fucking drive. Yes they are overweight and under-tired with 60s technology. Pretty cool in person, I must admit. Snoozefest on TV though. Give me some DTM, SuperGT, or REAL prototype (the DP series is sadly a joke) anyday

Quote:
Old 02-16-2014, 09:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

That's funny how that happens. Its kinda like music you know. I'm a drummer and I play reggae and some punk. I don't care for like death metal but being a drummer I can respect it because I'm a musician and relate. Just my thoughts but it the same with racing. I like going fast. Left turns right turns who cares. 200+ pushing someone is pretty sick
Old 02-16-2014, 09:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

First event with #3 back and it takes the pole......scripted.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2014, 09:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
First event with #3 back and it takes the pole......scripted.....
Its crazy everyone is pissed at Austin for it. Not like he had a choice and I think it was cool to bring the 3 back. That's seniors godson. That's pretty cool
Old 02-16-2014, 09:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
凸(◕_◕)凸

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySkills View Post
That's funny how that happens. Its kinda like music you know. I'm a drummer and I play reggae and some punk. I don't care for like death metal but being a drummer I can respect it because I'm a musician and relate. Just my thoughts but it the same with racing. I like going fast. Left turns right turns who cares. 200+ pushing someone is pretty sick
Great example, as I'm a death metal and reggae fan I was a pretty big asscar fan until I gained access to real racing in the mid 90s ;]

Quote:
Old 02-16-2014, 09:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

[QUOTE=kingyeddi;3680834]Great example, as I'm a death metal and reggae fan I was a pretty big asscar fan until I gained access to real racing in the mid 90s ;][/QUOTE

Ha dammit. I just like fast shit and talent. You mix the two fuckin cool
Old 02-16-2014, 10:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 32 Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I'm on the "meh" bandwagon, nascar just isn't that impressive, it's wrestling on wheels, a high speed crash up derby. If somebody had an extra ticket, I'd ride with and go to a race for the hell of it...but as for going out of pocket or watching it on tv? Not a chance. Those cars are 3000lb+ safety cages yet they will won't even run on a wet track, let alone in the rain, you have to get into club racing to find cars slower on a road course, most of the time they use substitute drivers for the road courses.

Like Bone said, scripted, just like wrestling (which can be fun to watch, but it ain't a real sport, it's entertainment and you're fool if you think otherwise), it simply is not a real motorsport. I'd rather watch WRC, F1, ALMS, World Challenge, hell, I'd MUCH rather watch club racing (SCCA, NASA, even Tiger or Shielby club open track days would be preferred)

Real drivers driving real cars in real world environments racing against real competitors facing real danger. Real Motorsport, either it is or it is not, and nascar is not...sorry

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Cali Noob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2014, 10:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
凸(◕_◕)凸

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Noob View Post
I'm on the "meh" bandwagon, nascar just isn't that impressive, it's wrestling on wheels, a high speed crash up derby. If somebody had an extra ticket, I'd ride with and go to a race for the hell of it...but as for going out of pocket or watching it on tv? Not a chance. Those cars are 3000lb+ safety cages yet they will won't even run on a wet track, let alone in the rain, you have to get into club racing to find cars slower on a road course, most of the time they use substitute drivers for the road courses.

Like Bone said, scripted, just like wrestling (which can be fun to watch, but it ain't a real sport, it's entertainment and you're fool if you think otherwise), it simply is not a real motorsport. I'd rather watch WRC, F1, ALMS, World Challenge, hell, I'd MUCH rather watch club racing (SCCA, NASA, even Tiger or Shielby club open track days would be preferred)

Real drivers driving real cars in real world environments racing against real competitors facing real danger. Real Motorsport, either it is or it is not, and nascar is not...sorry
Teh lulZ assCar killed speed along with their reality programming. I was so pissed the day I found out we would be force fed MOAR asscar as its ate up the airtime from REAL racing..

Def a joke on the roadcourse with the 'substitutions'...

Quote:
Old 02-16-2014, 10:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

I get most of what you said but being foolish for thinking otherwise rates right under thinking a race can be scripted on the fools scale. Racing started with dudes running moonshine, wrenching on there ride to make it faster than the man which evolved into NASCAR. I'm a little more partial to it because I have alot of country people in my FAM. Its all money and glam and becoming more of a turn off but Im still digging it. That's why I choose college football over the NFL. Same reason.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 32 Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Cali Noob is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingyeddi View Post
Teh lulZ assCar killed speed along with their reality programming. I was so pissed the day I found out we would be force fed MOAR asscar as its ate up the airtime from REAL racing..

Def a joke on the roadcourse with the 'substitutions'...
Oh yes sir! I used to LOVE the Speed Channel back in the old days because it was the only place we could catch real motorsports...then nascar bought the channel...and killed it. Every once in awhile they have other than nascar programming, but in the old days, it was nothing but racing, real racing.

And not to pick on speed or nascar solely here, but the trend of "reality" tv accross all channels I once loved, [email protected]#ing hate it. Remember when MTV used to have music videos? I bet the younger generations don't even know that is what the "M" was for. Remember when Discovery and TLC used to have interesting and educational programs? The man is trying to dumb us down...it makes me feel:

Function > Form

RTFM!!!

Last edited by Cali Noob; 02-16-2014 at 10:40 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
I get most of what you said but being foolish for thinking otherwise rates right under thinking a race can be scripted on the fools scale. Racing started with dudes running moonshine, wrenching on there ride to make it faster than the man which evolved into NASCAR. I'm a little more partial to it because I have alot of country people in my FAM. Its all money and glam and becoming more of a turn off but Im still digging it. That's why I choose college football over the NFL. Same reason.
By that same logic, wouldn't you rather watch scca/nasa than nascar as well, watch real people racing cars they built themselves or at least had a hand in building?

And yes, a race can be scripted, ever seen quad wars at the monster truck shows? I did once, buddy got me in for free and I had nothing better to do that night. Guess what...scripted, buddy used to race those, I was standing right there when they came up with the script, they went out and did exactly what they talked about, to the letter. Sure, there is the potential for a hiccup here and there, but it goes down like they plan it...

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Old 02-16-2014, 10:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Oh yes sir! I used to LOVE the Speed Channel back in the old days because it was the only place we could catch real motorsports...then nascar bought the channel...and killed it. Every once in awhile they have other than nascar programming, but in the old days, it was nothing but racing, real racing.

And not to pick on speed or nascar solely here, but the trend of "reality" tv accross all channels I once loved, [email protected]#ing hate it. Remember when MTV used to have music videos? I bet the younger generations don't even know that is what the "M" was for. Remember when Discovery and TLC used to have interesting and education programs? The man is trying to dumb us down...it makes me feel:

Haaaaaaa yeah that killed me. Hey,screw the man,screw the zombie apocalypse, and someone please bring the Teletubbies back. F*cm I liked the Teletubbies. It great we live in America because we can do whatever the hell we want and watch what we want. Let's not take that for granted and start being thankful we don't live in some third world shithole. I fought for our right to watch NASCAR and Teletubbies. It sucks seeing some of the crap society whines over. Sorry about the tangent.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
By that same logic, wouldn't you rather watch scca/nasa than nascar as well, watch real people racing cars they built themselves or at least had a hand in building?

And yes, a race can be scripted, ever seen quad wars at the monster truck shows? I did once, buddy got me in for free and I had nothing better to do that night. Guess what...scripted, buddy used to race those, I was standing right there when they came up with the script, they went out and did exactly what they talked about, to the letter. Sure, there is the potential for a hiccup here and there, but it goes down like they plan it...
Did you just say quad wars
Old 02-16-2014, 10:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

All good and thank you for fighting for our right to debate these things, I served in the late 80;s but was out a year or so before Desert Storm/First Gulf War...I just wish we had the right to watch better motorsports is all I'm on about, we are kind of stuck with what they broadcast lol, and they broadcast crap...thank god for youtube eh?

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Old 02-16-2014, 10:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
All good and thank you for fighting for our right to debate these things, I served in the late 80;s but was out a year or so before Desert Storm/First Gulf War...I just wish we had the right to watch better motorsports is all I'm on about, we are kind of stuck with what they broadcast lol, and they broadcast crap...thank god for youtube eh?
No I totally get it I'm all bummed out about all that crap to and no thanks necessary. I'm just tired of seeing Justin Bieber on TV
Old 02-16-2014, 10:51 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Did you just say quad wars
Yeah, they had these scripted races, on quads (you know, 4 wheel off road motorcycles) as kind of an intermission act between the monster truck races or events or whatever you call what they do. Quad Wars lol...surprisingly popular with the crowd, they knew the racers names and everything

Function > Form

RTFM!!!

Last edited by Cali Noob; 02-16-2014 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
No I totally get it I'm all bummed out about all that crap to and no thanks necessary. I'm just tired of seeing Justin Bieber on TV
Somebody rep this guy for me, I'm all out...

Function > Form

RTFM!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in