Tokyo Xtreme Racer (PS2) and Genki General - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Entertainment Area

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
gonzo
Restricted account

Rep Power: 0 J3wman is worse than Satan's assholeJ3wman is worse than Satan's asshole
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Tokyo Xtreme Racer (PS2) and Genki General

I know some of you have played TXR, currently I'm playing TXR Zero and TXR 2. Got a CRX in both of them.

Didnt see a general discussion of probably the best racing game series in history.
J3wman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2013, 10:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

I beat TXR Zero, about 3/4 of the way through 3, and play Drift2 every now and then for fun.

Zero is one of my favorite games.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rocket Motorsports, MFactory, Torco, Action Clutch, HASport, Synchrotech, OS Giken, Gear-X, Wavetrac, Quaife
Official MFactory North American Installer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2013, 03:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 cticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 46 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cticknor666

Zero took forever to beat lol. Loved these games, just picked one called Import Tuner Challenge for 360, exact same game as Tokyo Extreme Racer but the graphics are way better and the tuning options they changed up a tad. Really fun.
cticknor666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2013, 04:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

I just played txr zero last weekend...I have sadly never beat it....lost the memory car a gew times....I get bored with it when I just want to race the bosses but they wont race you. I need to do another one of those win the race and leave everything on and tur off the tv and rack up some miles

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2013, 04:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Dave_P It's a JDM Star Bitches....Dave_P It's a JDM Star Bitches....Dave_P It's a JDM Star Bitches....Dave_P It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

I played the shit out of those games on my dreamcast and them played zero on my ps2. The only game I've ever played that had a Toyota FXGT.........unlocked at the very end and I drove the shit out of that car since I had one in real life. So much fun.

Dave_P is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2013, 05:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
セックス大好き

Rep Power: 43 moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

TXR Zero is the shit! I played the hell out of it. Dont think I ever actually beat it though. I remember not having everything unlocked or something.

TXR3 is alright too. I have it but havent played it too much.

TXRD2 is awesome, physics kinda suck for a drifting game, but its hella fun nonetheless.

1993 240sx Coupe * GONE * Farewell old friend..

1992 240sx Coupe * Awaiting 1JZ-GTE * New Drift Build

199X 240sx RHD 3S-GE 6MT * On-the-back-burner * Track Car Project

Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops
moss500berg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2013, 09:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
gonzo
Restricted account

Rep Power: 0 J3wman is worse than Satan's assholeJ3wman is worse than Satan's asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by cticknor666 View Post
Zero took forever to beat lol. Loved these games, just picked one called Import Tuner Challenge for 360, exact same game as Tokyo Extreme Racer but the graphics are way better and the tuning options they changed up a tad. Really fun.
The car selection sucks, you cant get an AE86, and the road cars are almost cooler than the ones you can drive (I like being able to get shitty cars in a game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss500berg View Post
TXR Zero is the shit! I played the hell out of it. Dont think I ever actually beat it though. I remember not having everything unlocked or something.

TXR3 is alright too. I have it but havent played it too much.

TXRD2 is awesome, physics kinda suck for a drifting game, but its hella fun nonetheless.

I couldnt get into TXRD games, Ill give em another shot. TXR3 was really good though, the car selection although lacking Honda was awesome. First game I ever heard of to have an AW11 MR2, AND a DeTomaso Pantera.

TXRZ Though, is second to Perfect Dark to me for the best game of all time. Anyone ever notice the Chargers that drive around the Yokohane line?
Old 12-20-2013, 12:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Dave_P It's a JDM Star Bitches....Dave_P It's a JDM Star Bitches....Dave_P It's a JDM Star Bitches....Dave_P It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Yea TXR3 might have been the one with the FXGT in it......I remember it had the Trueno, the MR2 and the FXGT. I think the MR2 might have been the supercharged model but I can't remember. I know that Gran Turismo 2 had a few variants of the AW11.

Edit: It had the 20v models too

Last edited by Dave_P; 12-20-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Dave_P is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx

Man, I randomly bought txr2 for Dreamcast way back in the day, like 02 or so and loved it. I still have all the ps2 variants, and both drift games. 3 took forever to beat completely! I haven't playedthem in a while.

< Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2013, 08:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
gonzo
Restricted account

Tbh, I rented TXRZ because they were sold out of GT3 copies at the blockbuster next to my house. You could modify the appearance of the cars and I loved it then I played more of it and now here I am lol 2 EFs, 4 accords, 2 toyotas and a subaru later and i love it.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 jpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Dreamcast had awesome racing games - which is where I played TXR and TXR2 (loved them). Also, F355 Challenge was awesome and brutally realistic.. arcade version was really cool too with 3 monitors...
jpciii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
gonzo
Restricted account

How did Drift 2 stack up to the rest of them, tbh thats the only one I havent played.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:44 AM   #13 (permalink)
Live,love,laugh,be real

Rep Power: 39 4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpciii View Post
Dreamcast had awesome racing games - which is where I played TXR and TXR2 (loved them). Also, F355 Challenge was awesome and brutally realistic.. arcade version was really cool too with 3 monitors...
i used to play Rush 2049 on DreamCast

in fact it's still in the counsel.... i haven't played in years but i need to

R.I.P. my mom - I miss you
10/3/1945-6/16/2007

R.I.P. - MiloReaper & Pat Primmer

96' CE1 Lx - Wags

04' Pilot EXL - Black Pile - Love it

is your friend, try it

[youtube ][ /youtube]

4Door is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2013, 10:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 jpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by J3wman View Post
How did Drift 2 stack up to the rest of them, tbh thats the only one I havent played.
It was pretty much the same but with a MUCH larger map and more cars/enemies. Graphics and gameplay were pretty much the same, but the huge map (you have to unlock portions of it) was great.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

THIS IS NOW A DREAMCAST THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Door View Post
i used to play Rush 2049 on DreamCast

in fact it's still in the counsel.... i haven't played in years but i need to
Everyone needs more DC in their life. Here is what's left of my collection (in a box in the basement). Not pictured: about 50 pirated games.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Old 12-27-2013, 11:12 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

sooo good. I put that keyboard to good use!

also, whaaaa?

Old 01-02-2014, 04:58 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 chubz is almost a somebodychubz is almost a somebodychubz is almost a somebodychubz is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

wooooow!!! took me back with this 1! I had txr2 for dreamcast. that made me sell my 88 4dr and buy my first 92 hatch......good times.

Quote:
i believe some people said the earth is flat. That did not make it true.
chubz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2014, 07:18 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 khrys771 is obviously a regularkhrys771 is obviously a regularkhrys771 is obviously a regularkhrys771 is obviously a regularkhrys771 is obviously a regularkhrys771 is obviously a regularkhrys771 is obviously a regularkhrys771 is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

i played zero and three and both drift games, my fav in 3 is a starlet glanza with an inline 6 turbo swap.

ford gt is cool too.

i thought that girl was justin bieber for a second.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in