Honda News - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Entertainment Area

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2013, 10:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 0 colelmt is worse than Satan's assholecolelmt is worse than Satan's assholecolelmt is worse than Satan's asshole
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to colelmt
Thumbs up Honda News

Found this cool site that emails any news from Honda if you subscribe.

Today they released some more information on the three turbocharged engines they have for the next lineup.

Just thought i'd share if anybody hadn't heard of this.

Honda Worldwide | November 19, 2013 "Honda Develops VTEC TURBO Direct Injection Gasoline Turbo Engine That Achieves Class-leading Output and Environmental Performance"
colelmt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2013, 04:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 SOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

280hp+ on a 2.0l turbo from factory? I can dig it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SOHCEj8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2013, 05:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 21 robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

thats for the civic type R
robscrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2013, 05:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Ford has a 2.0L ecoboost thats similar in power.
You link all the grounds, then wire each solenoid into the spark plug wires, that way they hit sequentially as the engine fires. This creates what I like to call asphalt shattering VTEC.
rico58204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2013, 05:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

ehh, nothing new..

everyone wants power and still maintain MPG's

going turbo is what most car makers will be going to..
Hell, even cadillac has a 2.0T in their new cars.

If we can DIY a 300 hp turbo build, then its a piece of cake for automakers.
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2013, 06:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Turbo's, they're the century old new technology that's innovating the automotive industry of tomorrow

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2013, 06:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

ForeverDeath It's a JDM Star Bitches....ForeverDeath It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Not huge innovation nissan had a 4l 2.0 VTC turbo that made 245hp in the late 90's. With just simple updated electronics and injector innovations i bet it would make the 280hp. On thing i see is going to be expensive to modify that k20 as there isn't any after market direct injection injectors yet. Also if you have paid attention the recent Honda engine designs the cat bolts directly to the head for emissions now. I bet the turbo bolts directly to the head also and cat is right after the turbo. That cat will heat up very quickly there reducing start up emissions greatly, possibly runs even hotter to clean up emissions even better once warned up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Quote:
TRANSZEX:"I'm having fun on MY budget"
ForeverDeath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2013, 08:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
セックス大好き

Rep Power: 43 moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !moss500berg is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

The new K24s in the accords are direct injection..

1993 240sx Coupe * GONE * Farewell old friend..

1992 240sx Coupe * Awaiting 1JZ-GTE * New Drift Build

199X 240sx RHD 3S-GE 6MT * On-the-back-burner * Track Car Project

Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops
moss500berg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
Two men shy of a group

Rep Power: 20 Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!

3 cylinder 1.0l turbo sounds pretty interesting, probably not a powerhouse but great gas mileage and decent power

turbo 99 ex sedan A/C build -

Alicia Aemisegger
Blu3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2013, 01:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 0 colelmt is worse than Satan's assholecolelmt is worse than Satan's assholecolelmt is worse than Satan's asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esotericimage View Post

If we can DIY a 300 hp turbo build, then its a piece of cake for automakers.
True that

Last edited by colelmt; 11-19-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Im surprised it took honda THIS long to finally add a snail.
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Right! What was the hold up??? Seriously. Maybe mass producing 200,000 mile reliable turbos was difficult while maintaining the Honda price tag......
Old 11-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

ForeverDeath It's a JDM Star Bitches....ForeverDeath It's a JDM Star Bitches....

they have done it before. Honda city Turbo/Turbo2

Quote:
TRANSZEX:"I'm having fun on MY budget"
ForeverDeath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2013, 07:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

^that thing is hideous!

I want it!
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2013, 02:29 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 18 Boricuanolgy is hot as a volcanoBoricuanolgy is hot as a volcano
Boricuanolgy is hot as a volcanoBoricuanolgy is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

There's a Acura crossover that is turbocharge.
Boricuanolgy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2013, 03:51 AM   #16 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Good News, Honda Fanboys: The Next Civic Type-R Gets A 280bhp Turbocharged 2.0 - Car Throttle

I like it

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2013, 05:38 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverDeath View Post
^That car (if that can be considered a car) is hilariously awesome?? .

I wonder if they are going to make the U.S. Si version turbo...? I haven't found any news. I honestly just wish Honda would just give us the type-R in the states..... maybe they are just racist lol.

Either way... personally I like the 8th generation civics way better (especially the 4-door version).
My dream car build is an 8th Gen 4 door. I know with a good build it is easy to surpass 300whp

Also, I want to add that I think wings are pointless on FWD cars (The new type-R pics show a large wing).... and I don't know why honda keeps doing the wing thing but w/e... I think most people agree with me here...

One more thing: I wish in the future Honda would make a Si/type-R RWD!!!!!!!!

Still.... 280bhp from the factory is a huge improvement and I bet it is pretty fun!
Heck, I have fun with my 125bhp civics

Last edited by colelmt; 11-20-2013 at 05:56 AM. Reason: spell checking, adding stuff, grammar etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in