So, what do you guys do for fun besides cars? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Entertainment Area

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 09:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 mrtodd is da #1 stunnamrtodd is da #1 stunnamrtodd is da #1 stunnamrtodd is da #1 stunnamrtodd is da #1 stunnamrtodd is da #1 stunnamrtodd is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Default So, what do you guys do for fun besides cars?

I love and hate working on cars. I'm a full time student now, and other than school I'm usually completely consumed by downhill skateboarding. Lately I've come back to the forum and have been getting some carwork down because I dislocated my shoulder at a longboarding race, which ended up tearing my labrum and part of my rotator cuff. Things have been recovering quite nicely, and now that I'm out of my sling I've been able to do some wrenching on my civic. It has reminded me how much I like to feel the results of car work!

Anyway, if you don't know what downhill skateboarding is, here are a few videos that I edited and filmed. I'm the guy with the orange vest, and my leathers in 2 of the videos are white/black.

Anyway, obviously this sport is inherently dangerous. However, we take pride in skating as safe as we know how. Canyon roads are skated very early in the morning for reduced traffic, and we stay in our own lane unless we have a spotter in a blind turn, or we can spot the road/turn ahead of us easily. The 2nd video I posted here is a little different, however. It is a closed road where cars have no access, so we are a bit more lenient on the rules. We're nuts about our safety gear (pads, helmets, etc) and each of us is very adept to sliding at VERY high speeds to slow down quickly. In fact, we can slow down just as quickly (many times even quicker) as a someone on a bike. Speaking of which, my older brother is an avid road biker. The canyon road in the first video is a local favorite for bikers, and I've skated down alongside my brother on his bike - so much fun.

Just figured I'd share another skateboarding discipline. I used to street skate back in highschool, but once I found longboarding I couldn't help but fall in love with the exciting rush it gives. Hope you guys enjoy the videos!

-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-

Last edited by mrtodd; 07-24-2013 at 09:15 AM.
mrtodd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2013, 09:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

i used to skateboard just dont have time to any more.
i got into longboarding for a little wile.

now i just play video games lol.

i like building computers and playing with them. also other little fun electronic devices. rc cars that sort of thing.

civicdxude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

tyler_580 is almost there....tyler_580 is almost there....tyler_580 is almost there....tyler_580 is almost there....tyler_580 is almost there....tyler_580 is almost there....tyler_580 is almost there....tyler_580 is almost there....tyler_580 is almost there....tyler_580 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Heh the only time I get out my board anymore is when I take the dog on runs. Lol

about all I do is work.. Work... And work some more. Lol
Old 07-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 19 2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano
2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

I do alot of work on my truck, and neighborhood cars. Alot of RC trucks with my daughters and wife. Gran Turismo, GT Academy....And when the sun goes down, firepit and beer!

1991 Civic Si 335,000 miles

The engine doesnt matter. Its small, it pulls, and when it makes noise I advance forward.
2010 Fusion Hybrid
2005 Honda Shadow Aero
2004 Honda XR50 (88cc)
2003 Toyota Tundra TRD
1965 Honda CT-200
2000redCIVICsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Fuck skate boards. I would kill myself on one.

Now this on the other hand is a load of fun.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 23 79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....
79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

When I'm not working one of my two jobs Im either working on car's/truck's/bike's other than that the main thing I do is spend time with the wife and kids.
98 Jeep Cherokee 4" Lift Cut Fenders 33x12.50 Daily/Offroad Toy
14 Subaru Forester XT Touring 2.0 Turbo (Wifes Ride)
92 Mustang 2.3 5 Speed 325K on the clock and counting
07 V-Star 650 Classic Space Consumer in the shop

RIP PAT
79hilux90crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 mrtodd is da #1 stunnamrtodd is da #1 stunnamrtodd is da #1 stunnamrtodd is da #1 stunnamrtodd is da #1 stunnamrtodd is da #1 stunnamrtodd is da #1 stunna

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
Fuck skate boards. I would kill myself on one.

Hahah, that's exactly how I feel about motorcycles!! I was riding my buddy's bike, wrecked, and gave myself a really bad concussion (was wearing a helmet). I wasn't even going fast, either. Hah. Anyway, now bikes scare the SHIT out of me. I don't dare buy one, because I would totally kill myself. Skating, on the other hand, I feel MUCH safer doing.

-

-

-
Old 07-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!

yea ive never driven a bike. they intimidate me.

ive skated most my life so i feel no problems on a board.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Shoot stuff...meaning guns and camera work.
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 19 2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano
2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano2000redCIVICsi is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Yeah Beerdrinkin, I just sold my triumph Street Triple....Still got two bikes. None of them street legal.

Still got this little monster too....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=3&theater

1991 Civic Si 335,000 miles

The engine doesnt matter. Its small, it pulls, and when it makes noise I advance forward.
2010 Fusion Hybrid
2005 Honda Shadow Aero
2004 Honda XR50 (88cc)
2003 Toyota Tundra TRD
1965 Honda CT-200
2000redCIVICsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I like to play some video games too, I like the dirt series and call of duty of course. I don't have good internet at the house so no online playing for me. Also hiking, golfing, fishing, 4 wheeling is awesome but those all require getting someone to do it with you. Also I suck at golf but still love to play.

EDIT: Oh yeah and guns. Ruger 10/22 is one of my favorites to play with.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:54 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicdxude View Post
yea ive never driven a bike. they intimidate me.

ive skated most my life so i feel no problems on a board.
I'm with ya on that. Also, I used to be into computers for quite some time. Now I don't mess with them, although I did build my current PC - so I suppose I still know the basics! Hah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK92_D16 View Post
Shoot stuff...meaning guns and camera work.
Nice! I used to have a springfield xd-45 compact. I loved it. Sold it, and now I've got a little Canon Rebel T3 - still have a lot to learn, though.

-

-

-
Old 07-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

I track my car, wait...

My other hobby is HO scale trains.

Rocket Motorsports, MFactory, Torco, Action Clutch, HASport, Synchrotech, OS Giken, Gear-X, Wavetrac, Quaife
Official MFactory North American Installer

Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
I like to play some video games too, I like the dirt series and call of duty of course. I don't have good internet at the house so no online playing for me. Also hiking, golfing, fishing, 4 wheeling is awesome but those all require getting someone to do it with you. Also I suck at golf but still love to play.

EDIT: Oh yeah and guns. Ruger 10/22 is one of my favorites to play with.
i just got dirt2, dirt3, and dirt showdown on steam for $16 during there sale. there fun games

Old 07-24-2013, 11:09 AM   #15 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Im am playing dirt2 on my laptop now, that shit is fun, I use my xbox controller and it works good, always with a manual shift too. I need to move my difficulty up again, I keep owning on serious mode.

I will be getting the other games eventually.

Quote:
Old 07-24-2013, 11:15 AM   #16 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 16 TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Fly Planes, Yoyo, Play with Lasers, Whip the Computer, Build Cars, Get Head, Go to Class, Get Money, Smoke Weed, Drink Drank, Trip on Psychedelics, Learn.

Repeat
TheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #17 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx

I don't do much besides work on cars and race. I spend a lot of time on Gran Turismo, especially when GT Academy is out, and when a good FPS comes out I play it for a while.

I also go to renaissance faires with my wife and her family, but it's usually only once or twice a year. It's a lot of fun, I'll dress up but don't get so into it that I speak with a fake accent haha.

< Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2013, 11:27 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

^Hah, that's awesome!

PS - Good to be seeing from you again on forums, xotic. I used to be on crx.honda-perf.org back when I had my old CRX and I remember seeing you on there a lot back in the day.

-

-

-
Old 07-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 hoorah smells like Borathoorah smells like Borathoorah smells like Borathoorah smells like Borathoorah smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Street bike (VFR 750) Quad (TRX 300) and speckled trout fishing with my kids in the many brooks we have here
hoorah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

hotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 30 reviews

There is other things besides cars? When Im not tinkering with the Sol, I got my ole CB7 Ex lol

Other than that, I eat and sleep. Just sayin

Quote:
Take it from somebody who has actually done it more then once and not read about it on the internet......
hotrodj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in