The noisy snails...a children's book about turbos and cars - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Entertainment Area

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 95civic831 is learning the way of the D95civic831 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default The noisy snails...a children's book about turbos and cars

So on my Instagram I came across an account that makes children's books about cars,turbos.and the import scene.

I haven't read it but I want to get it for my daughter.its seems to be mostly about turbos and what not..but what a fun idea! I'm glad someone came up with a book like that.now I have something to read to my little girl to attempt to get her into cars ha.

The book is called the noisy snails.im not sure where you can buy it..maybe the account has a link to buy it.

The account is called motorheadgarageproductions..you can find em on Instagram.

Seems like a really good book.gets good reviews from parents.gonna try and get a copy when I get paid

So go check it out maybe you can read it to your kids to.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

95civic831 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

seems cool for nobews.

MotorHead Garage Productions Presents The NOISY Snails

the book is $15 n some change from there site.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 95civic831 is learning the way of the D95civic831 is learning the way of the D

Oh ok yeah it wasn't letting me view their site on my iPhone.

I really wanna get it ..lol..maybe ill learn something..an while learning have fun reading to my daughter.

Their Instagram account is pretty cool to.always posting pics of kids workin on cars haha.pretty cool ha

Old 04-22-2013, 12:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

slowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slowturbocx

Depending on the age of the child, it may not be an appropriate level.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowturbocx View Post
Depending on the age of the child, it may not be an appropriate level.
I don't understand what you mean.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 16 wakkjobb is the fucking MAN!!!!wakkjobb is the fucking MAN!!!!wakkjobb is the fucking MAN!!!!
wakkjobb is the fucking MAN!!!!wakkjobb is the fucking MAN!!!!wakkjobb is the fucking MAN!!!!wakkjobb is the fucking MAN!!!!wakkjobb is the fucking MAN!!!!

Boost level?

Hell, I want to get it even though we have no kids yet.

1985 4Runner: 22RE w/ engnbldr head, 261* cam and O/S valves, 5.29 gears, Detroit front locker, E-Locker rear, girlfriend-bought 38" tires, 4" AllPro lift, dual t-cases, hi steer and an increasing amount of body damage. But that's what it's for; it's not a Jeep.

Quote:
There's no reason a car built on a Fairmont chassis with a Pinto engine and Lincoln brakes should work this well, but it does!
wakkjobb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
ministry of mayhem!

Rep Power: 48 eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eddcartes Send a message via Yahoo to eddcartes

nice.

i might get one for my son.

have i told you guys i've already read the iliad, the odyssey, the divine comedy and ovid's metamorphosis to my son?

Evil spirits beautiful naked girl live boobs

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #666!
rip emilio gallardo (milo). outstanding father, spouse, friend and member of dso. you will always be missed.

rip, patprimmer. last of the titans.

one thing i've learned from this job is to always keep a pack of cheese for your whine.

my ED6 build thread:

my dyno compe build:

eddcartes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 4 reviews

HMMM. wonder what all is in it? give to the kids so when they get into arguments on turbos at the shop,the kids can join in, take it over then be like WHAT?! ha!
runvegas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2013, 05:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

you dont need to read em a book to get into cars...children love to spend quality time with their parents

she wrenched off the last flywheel bolt while i held the flywheel from falling...she LOVES helping

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
turn up tha boost !

Rep Power: 14 NOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to allNOSAJ is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

You can preview it on Amazon:
The NOISY Snails: Michael J. Myers: 9781482747041: Amazon.com: Books The NOISY Snails: Michael J. Myers: 9781482747041: Amazon.com: Books

Looks appropriate for a 2-3 yr old

Noobs get a [email protected]!*
Here:

NOSAJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
ministry of mayhem!

Rep Power: 48 eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eddcartes Send a message via Yahoo to eddcartes

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdh20 View Post
you dont need to read em a book to get into cars...children love to spend quality time with their parents

she wrenched off the last flywheel bolt while i held the flywheel from falling...she LOVES helping
awesome kiddo!

nevertheless, i digress. reading books to a kid is the best thing you can do besides teaching them to wrench or defend themselves.

the vocabulary and the analytical perception on my 2.4 yrs old son is simply outstanding. and he loves to wrench!
Evil spirits beautiful naked girl live boobs

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #666!
rip emilio gallardo (milo). outstanding father, spouse, friend and member of dso. you will always be missed.

rip, patprimmer. last of the titans.

one thing i've learned from this job is to always keep a pack of cheese for your whine.

my ED6 build thread:

my dyno compe build:

eddcartes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2013, 03:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

true ...im not saying reading isnt good...my daughter is in kindergarden and she is almost to a second grade reading level. what really astounds me is her comprehention level of what she is reading. it's not just sounding out the words but remembering what you just sounded out and putting the whole thought together as a sentence and understanding the story.

and she is definatly a daddys girl. my grarage is next to the playground so she goes to play and i wrench and usually she come inside to wrench with me for a while and i love it.....but she knows the difference between "busy" work and really helping....so i have to find simple tasks for her to do, like i cracked all the transmission bolts loose to seperate the engine and trans, she took it from there.

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2013, 07:02 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

You guys are awesome parents.
I can't wait till my daughter gets a bit older so I can have her help me wrench.
But until then ill just read her this book lol

Old 04-25-2013, 07:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano

Very cool, will check it out

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in