R/c Drifting - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Entertainment Area

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 07:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 Ej1Zcz6 is learning the way of the DEj1Zcz6 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default R/c Drifting

Any one r/c drifting??? I just got into it very additive

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Ej1Zcz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2013, 07:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

I'm not into it but it sounds cool.

Found this.

And this.
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!

Last edited by BigJnWorldWide; 03-23-2013 at 08:41 AM.
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 Ej1Zcz6 is learning the way of the DEj1Zcz6 is learning the way of the D
Default Re: R/c Drifting

Yea theres a lot... im running an old school yokomo so i was told but its fun and you can ser up your own track in your driveway

Old 03-23-2013, 06:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Lame IMHO.

But then again I was around the best carpet oval racers in the country today, long time friends.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 09:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Default Re: R/c Drifting

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
Lame IMHO.

But then again I was around the best carpet oval racers in the country today, long time friends.
I was into the off road turcks forever. then got this car so it was a fun change

Old 03-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Next fall I might be getting back into RC racing 1/10 scale carpet oval.

Found out today the chassis weights are down from 42 ounces to 36 ounces which my old T Plate chassis's will never make. 4mm ride height but everyone was bitching about having to run 5-5.5mm ride height due to the bumps, where I always rand anyways so I wasn't always having to wrench on the ride height.

Noticed one racer who had a 4 scale setup for a oval car. I asked him what cross weights he was looking for, I imght have well asked in Russian.

John of BSR tires got a chuckle out of that, I'm not a newb but oval racing off and on for over 20 years just didn't have the budget to keep up with the new stuff.

It is fun bringing out an old chassis, dialing it in, getting laughed at....then they find out you made the A-Main when the have bumped up after winning the B Main.

Just an old dog with some fight left

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

I do know the drifting as mentioned above and off road require more throttle control, why I did start VTA racing until the local track was closed.

Hammer down, turn left, turn left, turn left, turn left, etc.

Quote:
Old 03-24-2013, 03:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

ive been wanting to get a buggy to do this.

really i think drifting looks fun but at the same time i want one that i can play outside with so the best thing is get n AWD buggy and put drift tires on it. of coarse brushless motor.

i just recently built my first rc car. its a 57 chevy my dad game me years ago. i put a brushless motor in it but my servos jacked now and i need a new one.

look up 2WD rc drifting it looks more realistic but its way harder.(so i hear)

civicdxude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 35 Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

R/C cars are fun, period. I sold all my carpet track stuff long ago but I still have a couple 4WD touring cars. Only thing holding me back is having to buy new battery packs. It was still NiCD for the most part last I tinkered with them.

"I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Black91CRXsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2013, 12:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Once you go Lipo you'll never go back, a lot more punch and consistent run times

Quote:
Old 03-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 35 Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Once you go Lipo you'll never go back, a lot more punch and consistent run times
That would mean I have to get new packs, chargers and ESC...Damn.

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

yea im running a lipo on mine. sum-beast is fast. but my gearing is pretty bad too. its got a differential that i want to make into posi.

civicdxude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #13 (permalink)

Last I fooled with it, my TC3 touring car would go 45mph (roughly confirmed by car speedo) with just a 19 turn motor, 7 cell pack and slightly taller gearing. I can't imagine what it could do with a Lipo/brushless set-up. I've seen youtube videos of 1/10th scale's going 90+mph. Crazy!

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Old 03-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black91CRXsi View Post
That would mean I have to get new packs, chargers and ESC...Damn.
Why would you need to change ESC?

Only difference is voltage cutoff IIRC.

Quote:
Old 03-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Why would you need to change ESC?

Only difference is voltage cutoff IIRC.
Oh, I meant ESC to run the new brush-less motors.

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Old 03-24-2013, 06:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

ForeverDeath It's a JDM Star Bitches....ForeverDeath It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

thats cool to watch,i had an 1/8 scale nitro buggy never drifted the dirt but i could do dounts so quick it would flip. drifting in real life is way more exelerating love my s13
Quote:
TRANSZEX:"I'm having fun on MY budget"

Last edited by ForeverDeath; 03-24-2013 at 06:47 PM.
ForeverDeath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2013, 06:48 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

I like the dirt shit. I have a few trucks I used to race when I was yonger ,but it's harder to controll them drifting then my yokomo.
And I don't like the brushless for drifting a lot of other people don't go brushless either it's just to much power, if you start with a brushless you'll like it but if you try this 12 turn I have with a small pinion gear WOW trying to get vids but I'm still noob.....
Fuck lipo lol Jk but I run 8cell ni mh (nickel metal hydrate) and Gps confirmed 52mph 20$ a battery for 15-20min play time I went to tower hobby.com and got a package deal on battery's there cheap now
Old 03-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

I run a couple drift rc's. we have a bunch of us that make a track in a parking lot on Sundays. I've also been into rc's for a while, got a few mt's. all brushless and lipo.
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2013, 08:13 AM   #19 (permalink)

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Bump back from the dead. I have been wanting to do this for along time. My birthday was a couple weeks ago and my lady got me a 1/10 car....

I chose a redcat....i know for the price i paid i could have had a brand name but...i went with the redcat lightning pro. I researched and there is alot of possitive feedback. Only downside is i cannot walk into the local hobbyshop to buy parts....but everything i need is a mouseclick away....so im fine with it. For slightly less than a name brand base moddle brushed car i got a brushless car that is lipo ready with low volage cutoff metal gears and whatnot. Its 2s ready out of the box and with a esc fan upgrade i can run 3s. For drifting i dont need the speed a lipo can deliver i want the longer play time. It got way more than enough power on the 2000mah stock battery. Its faster than my buddies team associated with double the battery.

So far its a blast.im on pvc tires right now. Me and my buddy went to every home improvment big box store as well as all the local plumbing supply places and nothing. I ordered some sushi tires only and we figured fuck it we'll run regular old pvc till they come in. Ive bought a few bodys and rims for it....most of which im still waiting for as well as a heatsink for the motor.

Over all im excited, happy and having a shit ton of fun. I'll post some shitty vids soo enough of how bad we suck...lol

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
n00b

Always wondered if this existed ha. Used to run 1/10 oval all over the east coast with the Outlaw Racing League. If you're ever in Pa check out marshall's hilltop hobbies. IMO the best carpet oval track around with the exception of K&N, a banked oval track that closed down a while ago. Got out of around the time they switched to brushless
kconklin33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in