F1 at CotA 2012 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Entertainment Area

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 26 reviews
Default F1 at CotA 2012

First practice is already over. 2nd practice starts in an hour and a half. Speed has coverage and Formula 1? - The Official F1? Website has live timing, or free F1 2012 iphone/android/blackberry app has live timing.

Wish I could go but didn't have the money and Do NOT want to deal with the crowds this year. I'll probably go to the Aussie V8 supercars in the spring though. But no F1 for me until Austin and CotA get everything streamlined.

Who's watching!?

I missed P1 because I'm at work and was.... actually working, go figure. And I'll miss P2 because I'll be in a class, RAWR!!!

crx hf racecar build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Base by: Coolder

'93 Del Sol Si D16Z6
Stolen twice, recovered twice, sold once

'88 CRX hf D16Z6
build in progress
xylocramer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Kool thanks for the link, I hope this race will be as good as the last, more Kimi radio action would be fun.

Quote:
ENMO.

An Emo car would cut its own tires and never get out of the garage.
92CXyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 7 slow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

I was surprised to see this topic, not many people in the states follow f1. I'm sure that has to be torture living in Austin and not going, I was thinking about going but wasn't up for the drive from ga. I honestly don't see kimi winning again and him getting on the podium isn't very likely. Not to take anything away from them, but he won because of a perfect storm. Should be exciting!

Quote:
Why would you wanna put pisswater in a new tranny?
[email protected] 1.9 60ft 1750lbs sedan y7/z6 notec head
stock block y7 265k and counting

[email protected]mph 1.8 60ft 1655lbs sedan y7/z6 head
vtec locked bisi stage 3 same ol block

Rip Pat Primmer.
slow4doorek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 09:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano

The bad part is the huge influx of people. Traffic is a bitch, all sorts of roads are closed because of street fests they are having downtown. I was offered a ticket to the race by a friend of a friend, and I almost regret not taking it, but I'll just watch it in the warm embrace of my couch this year.

And ya, lots of people even in town have no idea WTF is going on, it's shocking.
Yesterday one of my professors was bitching about traffic and noise and people and at least 3 people were like huh? is something going on this weekend?? -_- yes.... F1... What's F1? -_______-

crx hf racecar build:

'93 Del Sol Si D16Z6

'88 CRX hf D16Z6
build in progress
Old 11-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

LOL, sad the average American does not know about the most expensive motorsport in the world.

Too many turns for the avg. NECKCAR fan

Quote:
ENMO.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Oh yeah, got the DVR set to record...but I'll probably end up watching it live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92CXyD View Post
I hope this race will be as good as the last, more Kimi radio action would be fun.
Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know what to do! EPIC!

It'll be a coin toss on whether Hamilton's car makes it without a mechanical failure.

I've got to give it up to my man Vettel though and the Red Bull team...a 2.6 second 4 wheel change? How the hell do they manage that?!?! The way the man conserves tires, yet manages to gap the field if on poll on the first couple of laps is amazing!

I wonder what nickname this hill will soon be called?
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK92_D16 View Post
I bet Grosjean hill since he has been wrecking a lot lately, some his fault some not.

But he has [email protected] luck.

Quote:
ENMO.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 21 cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Skip the first year. That's usually the time when everyone goes to see what the hype is, without knowing what the sport is. Second year onwards, you get the true die-hard fans, and the people who enjoyed the first year. The crowd will be much better.

cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 10:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanide View Post
Skip the first year. That's usually the time when everyone goes to see what the hype is, without knowing what the sport is. Second year onwards, you get the true die-hard fans, and the people who enjoyed the first year. The crowd will be much better.
There is sound logic there.

Quote:
ENMO.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 21 cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!

Happened in my country too. The first year, there were way too many wannabes, stupid celebrities who were looking for attention from the media, etc. The second year onward, the crowds might've gone down a little. But you get true motorsport fans.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 7 slow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to allslow4doorek is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

That's ridiculous that the biggest motorsport in the world is coming to town and people are clueless. By the way they have been calling the hill "phil hill". Anybody have a favorite for the race?

Quote:
Why would you wanna put pisswater in a new tranny?
[email protected] 1.9 60ft 1750lbs sedan y7/z6 notec head
stock block y7 265k and counting

[email protected] 1.8 60ft 1655lbs sedan y7/z6 head
vtec locked bisi stage 3 same ol block

Rip Pat Primmer.
slow4doorek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow4doorek View Post
That's ridiculous that the biggest motorsport in the world is coming to town and people are clueless. By the way they have been calling the hill "phil hill". Anybody have a favorite for the race?
Yeah Vettal is who I have been rooting for, but it would not break my heart to see Kimi win the last two races.

Quote:
ENMO.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Rep Power: 32 remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 54 reviews
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

i was suppose to be there but i had some unexpected things happen so i wasn't able to go but the g/f and i were picking a set of 3 day VIP tickets that were $1,200 each person.

The suspension should always be faster than the engine - BMW

The term stage was created to make mentally slow ppl feel physically fast.

my DOHC ZC - 133.73whp and 108.48wtq (tuned on a Dynojet)
remoer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 05:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanide View Post
Exactly my thoughts. But it's sooo hard lol, my g/f's dad had an extra ticket for the race and my roommate had an extra ticket for qualifying. It was REALLY had to turn down free tickets but I'm sticking to my guns..... Next year

crx hf racecar build:

'93 Del Sol Si D16Z6

'88 CRX hf D16Z6
build in progress
Old 11-17-2012, 05:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK92_D16 View Post

If I'm not mistaken they are calling it fill-hill. because they had to dig out the straight and they used the backfill to build up turn 1.

crx hf racecar build:

'93 Del Sol Si D16Z6

'88 CRX hf D16Z6
build in progress
Old 11-17-2012, 06:08 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Haha no. It's called the Phil Hill; named after the first American F1 World Drivers Champion.

Last edited by cyanide; 11-17-2012 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Had a brainfart, forgot Andretti.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

well that makes more sense

crx hf racecar build:

'93 Del Sol Si D16Z6

'88 CRX hf D16Z6
build in progress
Old 11-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Watched Qualifying on Speed Channel, there was a lot of celebrities in and on the paddock.

Maybe next year it'll be less about celebrities and more about racing.

Quote:
ENMO.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

ya. weird seeing George Lucas there.

crx hf racecar build:

'93 Del Sol Si D16Z6

'88 CRX hf D16Z6
build in progress
Old 11-18-2012, 11:46 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Hami won this one, now the Driver's Championship will be decided in Brazil.

Quote:
ENMO.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in