I strapped my iPhone to the bottom of my rc airplane - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Entertainment Area

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 03:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Default I strapped my iPhone to the bottom of my rc airplane

Okay just strapped my iPhone 4S to the bottom of my ACE RC whizard. I do apologize it being vertical but is was a lot more secure that way.

I'm pretty sure I need to run a bigger prop, I did have a bigger prop on it with the phone, and it flew good but it seemed a little to much but with the added weight if a iPhone 4S with a Griffen case I think a bigger prop will smooth everything out untill I get a keychain camera.

Enjoy

UPDATE AS OF 2 November (today)HERE IS FROM A LITTLE EARILER WHEN I WENT FLYING. Should be less shaky

Here is the setup

update as of today 7Nov

your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2drz6; 11-07-2012 at 11:19 AM.
2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 16 SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

nice it's like DIY aerial recon!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
built single cam.

track tool.
SOHCitTOem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2012, 03:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHCitTOem View Post
nice it's like DIY aerial recon!
Thanks man.

Old 11-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
EF9
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 18 EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!
EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Reminds me of this vid when it first came out. Only yours is cooler

<- Deuce MKIa

<- Deuce MKIb
Will you make a contract with me? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Quote:
Magical spinning Doritos do not belong in cars...
EF9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 8 Sleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

getting dizzy
Sleeper Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Well.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF9 View Post
Reminds me of this vid when it first came out. Only yours is cooler
I seem that video and yea it's garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper Si View Post
getting dizzy
I was to, but I'm gonna work on making it more stable during flight

Old 11-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 cticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 46 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cticknor666

haha that's awesome. My dad and I have a youtube channel full of our RC aerial videos. Fun stuff.
cticknor666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2012, 04:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 18 Boricuanolgy is hot as a volcanoBoricuanolgy is hot as a volcano
Boricuanolgy is hot as a volcanoBoricuanolgy is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

cool to do some spying, was getting dizzy and scare. Felt as if i was in the plane and it was about to crash.

Cool never the less!!
Boricuanolgy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Well.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by cticknor666 View Post
haha that's awesome. My dad and I have a youtube channel full of our RC aerial videos. Fun stuff.
I agree now I need to get some more footage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boricuanolgy View Post
cool to do some spying, was getting dizzy and scare. Felt as if i was in the plane and it was about to crash.

Cool never the less!!

Once I get some better radio equipment and a lighter camera ill get some better videos, you know footage that doesn't make you sick lol.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

use this!

HERO3 Black Edition | Wi-Fi enabled | Most Advanced HD GoPro Ever
Old 11-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #11 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Video

For the larger planes, I use a GoPro camera, for the smaller ones, I buy the keychain spy camera.

Mini HD DV Spy Car Keychain Slim Video Audio Camera w 8GB Memory Card | eBay

Ralph
Turbulence is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
Well.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
I will once you buy it for me lol. JK once I get into larger planes ill get something that baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbulence View Post
For the larger planes, I use a GoPro camera, for the smaller ones, I buy the keychain spy camera.

Mini HD DV Spy Car Keychain Slim Video Audio Camera w 8GB Memory Card | eBay

Ralph
Once I get some spare cash I'm going to get a #16 keychain camera for what planes I have now.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!

Rep Power: 32 si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to si-hatch86 Send a message via MSN to si-hatch86 Send a message via Yahoo to si-hatch86

vid made me dizzy as hell but was badass. ive always wanted a radio controlled plane or chopper. never got one tho.

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
si-hatch86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

I was going to put one of these on my cat:
Mini DV DVR Hidden Spy Video Smallest Camera Voice Recorder MD80 4GB Micro SD | eBay

Then there are also these wireless cams that would be cool to maybe use to fly the plane from a monitor?
New Mini Wireless Micro Spy Video Camera 2 4GHz Complete Package | eBay

Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2012, 04:08 AM   #15 (permalink)
Well.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by si-hatch86 View Post
vid made me dizzy as hell but was badass. ive always wanted a radio controlled plane or chopper. never got one tho.
I started just a few weeks ago with a park flyer. It was great to learn on. They are on 90$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisfrom1986 View Post
I was going to put one of these on my cat:
Mini DV DVR Hidden Spy Video Smallest Camera Voice Recorder MD80 4GB Micro SD | eBay

Then there are also these wireless cams that would be cool to maybe use to fly the plane from a monitor?
New Mini Wireless Micro Spy Video Camera 2 4GHz Complete Package | eBay
That wireless system is pretty awesome thanks for the link.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:07 AM   #16 (permalink)

Rep Power: 17 cticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eagle

The 808 keychain cam is what I use. Check out my vids, It's actually not too bad at all. Sligthly less quality wise than a go pro but almost the same category and for 10 shipped! Alot of the older videos on my page are from using a different camera but you can tell the good quality ones are the 808 keychain cam. Impact240sx's channel - YouTube PS we don't fuck around, my dad likes to fly as high as possible, we have some good shots on there lol
Old 11-02-2012, 07:26 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 18 Boricuanolgy is hot as a volcanoBoricuanolgy is hot as a volcano
Boricuanolgy is hot as a volcanoBoricuanolgy is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2drz6 View Post
I agree now I need to get some more footage

Once I get some better radio equipment and a lighter camera ill get some better videos, you know footage that doesn't make you sick lol.
This will be sick to use on an open fiel concert like a coliseum or football field, or at a drag racing event or even better, spring break at Miami LOL. Be cool if the camera can be control separate from the plane that way you don't have to worry about both at the same time.
Boricuanolgy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2012, 07:29 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 JBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

This is a great idea...

Take hundreds of thousands of iPhone 4 owners wanting to upgrade to the iPhone 5, some duct tape and a bunch of RC planes, and you've got your own surveillance drone fleet!
JBrettHowell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #19 (permalink)
Well.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boricuanolgy View Post
This will be sick to use on an open fiel concert like a coliseum or football field, or at a drag racing event or even better, spring break at Miami LOL. Be cool if the camera can be control separate from the plane that way you don't have to worry about both at the same time.
Agree, I'm trying to get to the point I can fly along the road at about 30ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrettHowell View Post
This is a great idea...

Take hundreds of thousands of iPhone 4 owners wanting to upgrade to the iPhone 5, some duct tape and a bunch of RC planes, and you've got your own surveillance drone fleet!
Lol, for some reason that makes me thing of the terminator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cticknor666 View Post
The 808 keychain cam is what I use. Check out my vids, It's actually not too bad at all. Sligthly less quality wise than a go pro but almost the same category and for 10 shipped! Alot of the older videos on my page are from using a different camera but you can tell the good quality ones are the 808 keychain cam. Impact240sx's channel - YouTube PS we don't fuck around, my dad likes to fly as high as possible, we have some good shots on there lol
Awesome videos man. How does the 808 compare to a #16? I'm still testing the range on my radio. It's nothing fancy a HITEC optic 6 fm radio.

I'm updating my 1st post with my newest video from today.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2drz6 View Post

Awesome videos man. How does the 808 compare to a #16? I'm still testing the range on my radio. It's nothing fancy a HITEC optic 6 fm radio.

I personally have the 808 #11 and it does fine. The good looking videos on my page are all with my dads 808#16 which is the best one I believe. Plug it up to your usb, charge it for about 45 mins the first time go. I know they will record forever. My uncle crashed his f16 jet with one of our cams on it. Lost it in some heavy brush, took us 6 hours to find it and it was still recording when I got it. Only down side the size of the videos. Making a 15 min video is almost a gig.

Just watched you other vid, you def need a key chain cam. That plane would fly SO much better with it over that heavy phone lol. You can find comparisons online of the #16 vs the GoPro and it's pretty damn close really.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in