Factory supercharged CR-Z. Would you drive it? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Entertainment Area

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Default Factory supercharged CR-Z. Would you drive it?

Honda HPD Supercharged CR-Z Concept is the one we've been longing for

Nothing set in stone but it's an interesting idea. What do you guys think? 185HP and 169lb/ft in a sub 2700lb package seems like it would put the performance in-line with the Civic Si. I personally like the way the CRZ looks and would probably rock this as a DD if the price was right.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I thought the CRZ was supposed to be a hybrid. Not a 185 hp super charged street car. But yes I would drive it. I like how they look.
D15Bvtec_EX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 23 79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....
79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I would drive this as long as the price was right.
98 Jeep Cherokee 4" Lift Cut Fenders 33x12.50 Daily/Offroad Toy
14 Subaru Forester XT Touring 2.0 Turbo (Wifes Ride)
92 Mustang 2.3 5 Speed 325K on the clock and counting
07 V-Star 650 Classic Space Consumer in the shop

RIP PAT
79hilux90crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 firsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatnessfirsteg is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

i would drive it i like the look of the cr-z better, 2700lb is pretty darn heavy for how big the cr-z is

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

words from a wise man
Quote:
Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.
RIP Pat

firsteg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

A) The price will be high.
2) It will still have Insight suspension.
III) Anyone who doesn't realize that it's a slower more expensive version of an RSX Type-S is just obviously blind.
3) (I don't care that I did 3 twice, it's my list) It'll probably still have the regenerative braking crap that grabs really hard on initial bite and then tapers off, which is just about the most annoying thing.
E) I don't wanna look like a pretentious trendy green peace loving douche nozzle, you know the type of person that always has the latest I-phone and sneakers that have never been worn in mud.
6) It still won't get super impressive gas mileage.
LAst) Most importantly, I can't afford it.

No, I wouldn't drive it.

Thanks, I haven't made a good "Why I hate the CR-Z" post in a long while.

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!

Last edited by awebb; 10-30-2012 at 01:01 PM.
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 JBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagleJBrettHowell is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

I'd drive it, but that says more about my willingness to drive anything than the providence of the car.
JBrettHowell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsteg View Post
i would drive it i like the look of the cr-z better, 2700lb is pretty darn heavy for how big the cr-z is
Eh, I mean it's 2.5" wider and 12" longer than the CRX...and I'm sure it's a hell of a lot safer.

A curb weight of 2650lbs is pretty darn good these days for any car IMO.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 10-30-2012, 01:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

If it had a regular transmission...
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 01:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 jamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatness

restore a real crx for half the price and smoke it with twice the mileage. or buy a veloster and have a more functional car with a turbo and 100,000 mile warranty. (they are over 3,000 lb tho)

"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." - Patrick Henry

Last edited by jamato0331; 10-30-2012 at 02:00 PM.
jamato0331 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 02:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Abide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Abide

give me less hybrid, less battery weight ect. around 2400lbs and i'd take it event at 160hp
Abide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 03:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx

^This. I'd still take a Veloster Turbo over that. I drove a CRZ for an hour or two (I think Abide drove it too lol) and it was terribly slow and not fun.

< Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

aqua_chicken It's a JDM Star Bitches....aqua_chicken It's a JDM Star Bitches....aqua_chicken It's a JDM Star Bitches....

k swap the bitch

"Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, than to drive a fast car slow"

RIP PAT
aqua_chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

not impressed by it, another money grab if you ask me.

I like the way the crz looks, but until either it loses about 700 pounds, or gains about 60 hp, it wont be worth it to me.

used s2k for 14k$
4k$ turbo kit
?????
profit.

Last edited by cervan; 10-30-2012 at 04:18 PM.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #14 (permalink)

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I dont think it needs more power, thats not the problem. Weight is the problem.

Id rather have a Fit.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 04:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Tilt View Post
I dont think it needs more power, thats not the problem. Weight is the problem.

Id rather have a Fit.
Werd, I liked the first gen fit sports that had the different seat combos

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 10-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Abide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Abide

well to be fair though, the fit is GO! the crz is.....something else
Abide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #17 (permalink)

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx

I really think if had just not "gone green" and the hybrid system with all the extra weight, yet kept the start/stop technology, they could've achieved the same mpg and been a much quicker car!

< Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 07:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua_chicken View Post
k swap the bitch
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the world that sees how pointless and stupid this idea is...

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in