Canon Camera Lenses - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Entertainment Area

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Canon Camera Lenses

Yo!

I'm pretty avid with cinematography, and I was wondering, what type of lens should I use to shoot cars and scenery? Or is it that car videos are just color corrected beautifully? x)
xChawliee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Location: The Birthplace of Hot Rodding, Southern California. Suicide Riverside to be exact.
Rep Power: 20 maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!
maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

What body are you shooting with? It matters with lens selection.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
maverick75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2012, 12:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick75 View Post
What body are you shooting with? It matters with lens selection.
Like a 7D mostly.
xChawliee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2012, 08:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Location: The Birthplace of Hot Rodding, Southern California. Suicide Riverside to be exact.
Rep Power: 20 maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!
maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!

With a crop body something wide should work like say a one of those 17ish-50mm fixed 2.8 zoom lenses(Canon/Sigma/Tamron all make great versions), almost all of them have Image stabilization which is a must for handheld video.

2.8 is gonna work a whole lot better in low light than the standard zoom lenses which end up being 5.6 at the long side. My Buddie just got a T3i(same sensor as the 7D) and I was testing out the video with the standard kit lens, then I popped on his 50mm 1.8 and it was night and day difference.

You can also adapt vintage lenses from other makes to the Canon EOS system, and for dirt cheap. The M42/Pentax screw mount and Nikon F mount are easily adaptable with a less than $10 adapter. A whole slew of people use vintage glass for video mostly due to the aperture ring(which almost all modern lenses don't have anymore)

And the focus ring throw is also much better on vintage manual lenses than using AF lenses manually. You can pick them up for dirt cheap on ebay, like under $25. A fast 28/35(f1.4-3.5) would work great,a nifty 50mm 1.8 for close ups. And a good 80mm-135ish tele lens gives a more surreal look to video because it compresses the background.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 18 Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!
Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Egwhite

Woah ^ talk about knowing your stuff

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Hello noob meet.....Google
Egwhite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

The funny thing is I'm still a noob when it comes to DSLRs.

I just have great memory so I remember everything I learn, it's really easy to make a professional looking video with a Canon T2i/T3i/60D/7D. Two huge things are the frame rate and using a fast(or long) lens to get a shallow depth of field.

It's pretty awesome also how a budget $2k DSLR setup can compete with $40k-100K professional video setups.

The 7D was used to film several scene of the avengers. Literally a $1,500 consumer camera.

Last edited by maverick75; 10-29-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in