Dissapointing first dragstrip night... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Everything Else Entertainment Area

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 02:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 94EXa2 will become famous soon enough94EXa2 will become famous soon enough94EXa2 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to 94EXa2
Default Dissapointing first dragstrip night...

ok, so me and my buddy went the the local dragstrip last night for my b-day. i had a blast at the track but was slightly dissapointed. i drive a 94 ex coupe, with a stock zcvtec(~50k on the motor now), stock z6 auto trans(~275k on it!) with i/h/e. my best time of the night was a 16.9x, with an average of 17.2x. i was kinda expect 16's all night long, but didnt get it .

now my buddy drives a 95 accord ex coupe, with a 3yr old stock f22b1vtec, stock f22b1 MANUAL trans, i/h/e. when we actually lined up next to each other, we both lanuched at the same time and i started pulling on him pretty bad. i beat him to 60mph, and to the 1/8 mile mark but he crept back and beat me by .04 seconds(so im not TOO dissapointed seeing how his car has a 2.2l and manual trans vs my 1.6 with auto trans.

is a 17 second pass THAT BAD for a full interior, stock motor-i/h/e, auto trans z6 civic coupe? i was honestly expecting better...
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2009, 02:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 29 reviews

i would say not really depending on what your elevation is...at 4600ft my stock 98 hatch was running 16.8x average with a manual tranny, so i would think an automatic would be just a little slower.
xxjdmcivicek9xx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2009, 02:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 94EXa2 will become famous soon enough94EXa2 will become famous soon enough94EXa2 will become famous soon enough

im at sealevel. i figured the i/h/e,springs and tires i have would get my into the 16's all night. only had one in the high 16's and the rest were like 17.2,17.3...nothing above 17.5(thank god!) my reaction times were all good, my 60 ft times were pretty good, my 1/8 mile times were pretty good, but the last 1/8 mile is what gets me......

Last edited by 94EXa2; 10-10-2009 at 02:39 PM.
94EXa2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2009, 02:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
I survived code 9

Location: an imaginary place where chrome rims don't exist. Oh! Tennessee.
Milano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcanoMilano_Redline is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Milano_Redline

I pulled 2 lengths on some dudes accord and he was running high 10's.

Our track was bitchy that day and didn't give us times tho.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Milano_Redline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2009, 05:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NEP-tuningalltheway

Do the auto to manual conversion and get tuned if you can drive high14s-low15s

"i got my wooden baseball bat and my shiny silver gat and my homies got my back i got all that i need" sublime

f*ck ebay support the industry
need some parts below MSRP on just about anything?
pm me

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

add us on myspace yO!
NEP-tuningalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2009, 06:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 51 reviews

I got a 16.4 the first time I ever went to a track. 92 civic VX gutted just front seat,sub box and added dynamat. bald 205/50/15's, slippy clutch, DX trans., I/H/E, D15B vtec, stock P28 ECU. Surprisingly I did worse the second time around that was the first 2 times I track tested and then LACR was destroyed.

NeonPinHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2009, 07:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Poop Sock

wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wizard's blood

i dont think thats terrible being a auto trans.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

that is rather slow

lowball ran 14.7 on a vitara/fjt i beam a6/y8....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2009, 07:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

It's the combo of having full interior, auto trans, and inexperience (sry, it's your first time @ a strip).
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2009, 07:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

yeah i know that full interior and auto trans arent helping me, and i know how to drive. plus its automatic, i just brake stand at 2,500 rpms and let off the brake/floor it to launch. not like i need seat time to launch and auto. that just seems really slow.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Well?

Rep Power: 33 1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 38 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1.5Slowmatic

well not to piss in your cherrios but my 97 sedan with I/H/E ran 17.2 aswell with the auto. My guess is with me in it it came in at around 2700-2800 pounds. My motor mileage was essentially yours also
Quote:
Nate is seriously one of those angry white men you read about all the time.

Headlight Harness DIY Upgrade
DIY Ice Box Intake
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #7
1.5Slowmatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in