15K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  moho69 
#1 ·
Hey I need some help tuning my JDM d15b engine, here's what i got so far:

I got a stock JDM d15b non-vtec engine
ceramic header
cold air intake
2.5" catback exhaust
spark plug wires

Im running 17.4 1/4 mile with 17' rims on bad tires and on the dyno i got 106whp.

Any suggestions or help on what else I can do to get better HP and hit the 16's on the track?

Any suggestion or critics accepted...

#3 ·
Yeah i was thinking about that, but what exactly do I have to get to make my engine VTEC, cause i know its not just the head, I'll probably need ECU and a y8 or z6 manifold. What else would I need for the VTEC head and how much power can it probably give me?

By the way this was with an automatic tranny, i will be changing soon to a MT.

#4 ·
lol a new tranny would be a great place 2 start. but you would a P28 ECU i would get it chiped so you can get it fine tuned, i would go wit the Z6 manifold cuz its big waste of time to find a Y8 and its not going to get you a big HP gain.

#5 · (Edited)
Get rid of the 17" inch wheels and get some 14" light weight wheels, manual trans from an ex/si, a6 cam with y8 cam gear, z6 intake manifold, oh and the search button can help also on all of these.....

oh and some p29 pistons/

#7 ·
Look up SOHCinWA's build. He's running a JDM D15B(non-VTEC) also and is making 162whp on carburetors IIRC.

The formula is usually Bisimoto cam, P29 pistons, milled head+PnP, ITB's or carbs, and a nice header. :) If you're on a budget, just get the P29s, mill the head, port-matched intake manifold, and get Delta 272 or 282 reground cam.

#10 ·
damn 17.4 with 106whp? i was pullin a 17 flat with a worn out, and smoking dpfi motor with some chunky 205 50 15 wheels but i also had a Si tranny. You definatley need a different tranny and take those 17's off when you're running at the track.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.