TurboEdit Tuning - EVERYTHING - From Start Up To Finished Street Tune *MAKE $$$* - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2006, 03:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Turblow

Default TurboEdit Tuning - EVERYTHING - From Start Up To Finished Street Tune *MAKE $$$*

Ive searched all day now and cannot find any information that is written in common english for the beginner with no previous knowledge

Im basically just about to start my car and get it running and then tune it. Its an OBDO Crx with a D16a6. Im buying a chipped ecu that zenocron chipped with a basemap for my motor with a 1bar map sensor.

All the info i could find was just on making that basemap and it was still very difficult to understand.

The info guides and walkthroughs im looking for are about after you get the car started. If there are codes what they mean and how you figure them out and what will need to be changed in your program.
The instruments I have are

-laptop, dell something pIII with cd rom and usb port, should handle everything good
-wideband digital display sensor (will this work with turboedit and some sort of datalogging?). Im assuming I need some shit to do datalogging
-Moates Burn1 chip burner bought from Moates.net
-Do I need many spare chips?

We need information on like our first drive, we go around the block and wtf do we do? What am I supposed to watch on my pc if anything at all or do I do that after I go through soem gears? Just 1 gear at a time tuning?, I have to do this all alone 100%

Idle, Partial Throttle Tuning, Wide Open

We need to know how to play with things and the little tricks to make everything easier and safer, things to help make the best adjustments and calculations possible.

My basemap comes with a 1bar map setting, I need to install a 3bar, what do I have to change? Everything? DO I do this after ive started and finished all my fuel and ignition settings?

I dont know when I have pushed my engine to far, this is my first boosted car, I dont know wtf the wastegate is gonnaa sound like or a compressor surge or pinging. What did I do wrong?

I really dont know what to ask because I dont have the car running but I dont want to learn this when the cars running and just has to sit there.

While I was searching, turboedit seems to be the least followed and used of the rom editors and has the least technical backing and 500+ people making threads like these daily, TurboEF8 or xenocron or someone that knows what they are talking about should make a walkthrough, a complete guide. I guarantee people will donate money. make people pay for it if you fucking want. I'll donate money asap right away.

I AM WILLING TO PAY SOMEONE FOR A BEAUTIFULLY DETAILED WRITE UP. MAKE IT FOR EVERYONE, EXPLAIN MOST OR ALL OF THE THINGS IVE TALKED ABOUT IN GOOD DETAIL AND I WILL PAYPAL YOU $50

Last edited by Turblow; 02-12-2006 at 03:24 PM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2006, 03:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to JaredKaragen Send a message via AIM to JaredKaragen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turblow
I AM WILLING TO PAY SOMEONE FOR A BEAUTIFULLY DETAILED WRITE UP. MAKE IT FOR EVERYONE, EXPLAIN MOST OR ALL OF THE THINGS IVE TALKED ABOUT IN GOOD DETAIL AND I WILL PAYPAL YOU $50

Ok, here you go... read the Wiki at http://pgmfi.org

Then go to the forums and read up on the software you want to use for your application.

Extra chips are good.... I suggest an ostrich as I own one.... it makes it alot faster.

To start off, you should make sure your car has a steady AFR at first start-up and idle...... once you get it right if the afr's are off, you need to drive the car.... logging whats going on. You basically want to start by driving the car (open loop) and logging AFR's at all RPM's to about 3500... speeding up and slowing down.... if the AFR's are too low, stop and reburn, try again.... get it nice and steady, then advance 1,000-1,500 rpm's obtaining a steady AFR. It could take time, but once everything is good and consistant at the rpm ranges, start by adding maybe 2lbs of boost at a time.... correcting AFR's as you go. This is why u got the datalogger... to retrace the maps, and add fuel where u need it.

Don't forget to set about a 1 deg retard per lb of boodt to start... once u get a good tune, you can decrease to .75 deg, and maybe less if u can tune it right.

There are alot of people here, and alot of info on tuning on the wiki and pgmfi.org. Everyone here is cool, and would gladly help you.... somtimes it takes a bit, but you normally get a quick response.

If u need help you can catch me on AIM or Y!.... I have been doing tuning research for the last 2 years now.... and am walking the path myself.

Welcome aboard!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
*Signup Required*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1995 DelSol Si : B18C1/I/H/E Totalled. Swap is sold. Soon to part out.

Pat: You will be remembered.
JaredKaragen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2006, 04:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

this is probably one of the only TE tuning "write-ups" that exists http://www.xenocron.com/te.php?page=basemap there are a few pages on fuel tuning as well.

im tired right now, so im not going to try and answer all the questions in your post, but later i will try.

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2006, 05:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Turblow

Thanks so far guys

I dont expect individual members to try an answer my questions, they are way to great and unknowledgable questions to even answer.

I really was hoping there was a walkthrough or something to learn on and make my mistakes before I transferred them to my car

THings I could learn totroubleshoot and make my first tuning experience a good one and not a $1500 blown motor horror story and feeling of utter failure

ANy help and info in this thread will be heavy read by me and Im sure many members

Thanks
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2006, 05:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Location: Dallas Texas in my Heart, Southern Georgia is where i stay.
Rep Power: 17 4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 4thGEN Send a message via MSN to 4thGEN Send a message via Yahoo to 4thGEN

im in the same boat as turblow
Old 02-13-2006, 09:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

Yeah, right. Like your actually going to give anyone any money............. NOOBS.......... Clearly you haven't searched, because I know how to tune car's and I don't even have a turbo on my car. All this info has been covered a million times. It's not that hard, download and a rom editor and fuck around with it and you'll understand A LOT of it, just by looking at it.

Last edited by guest; 02-13-2006 at 09:46 AM.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2006, 01:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
It's not that hard, download and a rom editor and fuck around with it and you'll understand A LOT of it, just by looking at it.
thats about all i did, i learn better by experience

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2006, 03:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness
Send a message via AIM to 4thGEN Send a message via MSN to 4thGEN Send a message via Yahoo to 4thGEN

so were NOOBS because we dont understand it? i read it up and down and still dont get it and i dont want to fuck up this engine that i put some money into. but i guess were noobs.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:38 PM   #9 (permalink)

guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano

^ If you don't get it your reading the wrong articles of your a retard........ J/K
Old 02-13-2006, 03:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

ok.....
Old 02-13-2006, 03:49 PM   #11 (permalink)

?? Ok........ What? What the hell is so hard about increasing the fuel maps to get the proper A/F ratio via a WBO2? What are you from Georgia or something
Old 02-13-2006, 06:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
The H Badge is it!

Rep Power: 20 SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcanoSOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SOHC_Rules

for turbo edit???? ok open 2 TE editors, then in one of them open the stock pm6 map, or whatever ecu you're using. then open NG55.bin in the 2nd one, there are also ng60, ng58, etc.. open one of em in the 2nd TE...

copy and paste the maps from the stock pm6 to the NG(whatever)

then in the one u pasted on go to file > properties, select single map, then dual map again, go thru the selections below and fuck with it.. then click ok, or apply for some things
Old 02-13-2006, 08:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 16 mynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mynameistin

*sigh* sohc rules....if you just copy and paste the maps as you said thats really not going to work...map scalers are diffrent so therefore your putting the fuel values for instance that are read at 26inhg into a 31inhg column...obviously not going to run 100% interpolating the cells is a bit better...

check out xenocron.com and grab his basemap helper that has the maps already setup pretty much and interpolated.

edit: i just read that and it sounded kind of dickish so please dont be offended