RTP(Real Time Programming...) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2006, 02:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 SOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SOHCpower
Default RTP(Real Time Programming...)

hey, well ima mape my own RTP board that i saw a little guide thing on PGMFI... where would i get drivers/software to run it?

thanks.
SOHCpower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2006, 02:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
eg4
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 eg4 is a name known to alleg4 is a name known to alleg4 is a name known to alleg4 is a name known to alleg4 is a name known to alleg4 is a name known to alleg4 is a name known to alleg4 is a name known to alleg4 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to eg4 Send a message via AIM to eg4 Send a message via MSN to eg4

you must connect it with your chip burner, and "burn" new chips
105300 cam
ferrea 20 Super Flo. 1 mm oversize valves
zex valve springs
Edelbrock Performer X
62mm TB
d16a6 block
76mm p29 pistons
walbro 255lph
100cel catalytic convertor
fidanza 7lbs flywheel
dc2 catback
comptech header
CROME tuned p28 ecu
12,5:1 cr
4,43FD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
eg4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2006, 02:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 SOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to all

with RTP you dont need to have a chip burner...

Old 02-12-2006, 03:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 16 mynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mynameistin

just so you do know if you boiught one of the boards off of pgmfi...they dont tend to work too well if even at all. most havent had good luck with it. if you have an ostrich or romulator. crome and turboedit will both connect to it and allow you to upload maps
Old 02-12-2006, 04:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

well what software would i need to use it? ostrich is expencive lol
Old 02-13-2006, 09:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

use the RTP software that associated to the DIY RTP u made. otherwise it might not work...not all RTP are the same... u can us the RTP board without the chip but u need some kind of power to keep the RTP board from losing its memory. Ostrich has a 75year battery life so u can keep that one in your car at all time..

Great Seller:
civic4ges
spdracer22
gaowee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2006, 10:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

makku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to makku Send a message via MSN to makku Send a message via Yahoo to makku

RTP uses the datalogging code... so you'll have to use an editor that supports RTP. I don't know if Crome or Uberdata still do. But you can check... it'll be a setting option somewhere.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
forecast for tomorrow... a few sprinkles of genius with a chance for DOOM!
Quote:
But I thought you said TV was bad?
It is... but we fucking need it.
makku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2006, 02:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to JaredKaragen Send a message via AIM to JaredKaragen

i have an ostrich... i recommend it.

As for the RTB board, you need a rom burner to initially program the RTP.

After hearing all the cons to the diy RTP, Ostrich is the only way to go.

*Signup Required*

1995 DelSol Si : B18C1/I/H/E Totalled. Swap is sold. Soon to part out.

Pat: You will be remembered.
JaredKaragen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2006, 03:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
eg4
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 eg4 is a name known to alleg4 is a name known to alleg4 is a name known to alleg4 is a name known to alleg4 is a name known to alleg4 is a name known to alleg4 is a name known to alleg4 is a name known to alleg4 is a name known to all
Send a message via ICQ to eg4 Send a message via AIM to eg4 Send a message via MSN to eg4

crome has an plugin for RTP
105300 cam
ferrea 20 Super Flo. 1 mm oversize valves
zex valve springs
Edelbrock Performer X
62mm TB
d16a6 block
76mm p29 pistons
walbro 255lph
100cel catalytic convertor
fidanza 7lbs flywheel
dc2 catback
comptech header
CROME tuned p28 ecu
12,5:1 cr
4,43FD

eg4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2006, 12:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

as to the post above theres no software for the DIY RTP that they have available.. and what is said above about crome is true it does have RTP toggle... but my question is if i go serial for the datalogging, where would i get the drivers for that... i know theres driversd for the usb, but i hear for this serial is better way.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

as far as the usb drive its only for newer laptop that dont have serial ports. crome pro, uberdata, ECUcontrol or Freelog all use serial connection. i think the driver your are looking for is only require if you are using USB.. i know from the little time i've spent messing with uber the usb driver was only use if your laptop/PC didnt have serial port. Some of the newer laptop dont support serial connection anymore..my PC has 1 serial and thats used up for my mice..

Great Seller:
civic4ges
spdracer22
gaowee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2006, 05:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

K2e2vin It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to K2e2vin

Serial doesn't use drivers like USB; you just select the com port(the converter I made emulates a serial port; "COM4", the normal serial ports are COM1 or COM2).
1992 Honda Accord LX coupe

K2e2vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2006, 05:48 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

But is'nt using serial better then usb cause maybe the pc would talk too fast for the ecu to process. my laptop has both usb and serial ports. he i do usb do i need a special cable or can i wire up a regular usb cable?
Old 02-16-2006, 06:38 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

I believe a USB cable is faster; USB datalog cables just convert R232(?) Serial to USB via a converter; but the converters are fast enough(ie the Prolific PL-2303s) that there's no lag.

In your case; I would run serial just because it's easier to connect(with all those Radio Shack/Ebay nokia cables you'd have to figure out your own wiring). What I did to my ECU was simple; simply wired in a serial datalog cable to the CN2 and hooked up a Prolific Serial->USB converter. Works just as good as the Nokia cables but you have the option of switching between USB and serial with ease.

I actually had a Kingsun-based Nokia cable and it wouldn't work at all(avoid this cable as some people using it for their phones have had trouble with this cable too)....

Old 02-16-2006, 05:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

well yes i also believe usb is faster, but why do some people say the serial way is better for this?
Old 02-16-2006, 05:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Technically speaking; in "high-speed" applications the conversion will cause lag. The baudrate of the ECU datalog port is slow enough that it's negligible. I say serial is better because it's simpler, but it all comes down to compatibility and convenience: if you have a serial port run serial; if you have a USB port only, then run USB.

Old 02-17-2006, 08:00 AM   #17 (permalink)
dohdoh420

how do you hook up RTP? is it a special chip with a plug-in in it? will rtp let you tune while driving or on the dyno then?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2006, 10:50 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dohdoh420
how do you hook up RTP? is it a special chip with a plug-in in it? will rtp let you tune while driving or on the dyno then?
yes...but if you do the DIY RTP from PGMFI.org there is a chance that it wont work... some people have luck to get them to work, while others dont... basically when you have your ecu socketed for a chip, you connect the board into the socket and a few other mods... if you want 100% working rtp, an ostrich is the way to go... its 175 and all you do is plug the little ribbon cable into the socket on the ecu and then the pc goes into the box...

yes RTP does let you tune while driving, hence the name Real Time Programming."

with the DIY RTP, i think the only program that works with it is crome and turboedit... might be wrong but im not sure...
some resources...

http://www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/...imeProgramming

http://forum.pgmfi.org/viewforum.php...4746a2f06dd689
Old 02-17-2006, 02:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to JaredKaragen Send a message via AIM to JaredKaragen

I heard you still throw CEL's with the DIY RTP while driving... and it mostly only works for uploading with key on engine off.....

I think they said the DIY RTP was a next step to keep from having to remove the chip all the time... now they can just pull over and upload, then drive.

*Signup Required*

1995 DelSol Si : B18C1/I/H/E Totalled. Swap is sold. Soon to part out.

Pat: You will be remembered.
JaredKaragen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2006, 04:02 PM   #20 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to n2o_2k Send a message via MSN to n2o_2k

Not sure if you're obd0/obd1 but the code in the ng## series (obd0) for the rtp is broken and doesn't work right. No update has been made to fix the issues last time that i checked. Ostrish will probably be the best bet if you're obd0.

Edited: by rtp, i mean diy rtp found on pgmfi.

Last edited by n2o_2k; 02-17-2006 at 08:19 PM.
n2o_2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in