two timer - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2006, 07:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....13g-crx It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Default two timer

I've had people tell me that the two timer is nothing but a headache and is always screwed up but no one can give any facts to support it. Has any one had any experience with it? All I want it is to be able to switch between hi/low launch settings (slicks/ street tires)
13g-crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2006, 08:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

mikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

Whats a two timer? Linky?
mikeD16Z6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2006, 10:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to n2o_2k Send a message via MSN to n2o_2k

launch control ???

Old 02-11-2006, 10:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 88ED3 will become famous soon enough88ED3 will become famous soon enough88ED3 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 88ED3

are you talkin about a 2 step?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

88ED3 aka Sugar Shayne:
will not ride your dick
does not care about rep
does not care about post count
88ED3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2006, 07:37 AM   #5 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

sounds like a 2 step rev limiter he's talking about...
Slimm-rw- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2006, 09:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

no no no, the 2-timer from Xenocron's website.

basically using the SST512 chip, you can load 2 maps onto one chip. then with the 2 timer all you do is flip a switch and it changes between the 2 maps while driving. very nice for launch control and stuff like that which you wouldnt want on the street

http://www.xenocron.com/products.php?page=components

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2006, 09:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NEP-tuningalltheway

damn sounds nice

"i got my wooden baseball bat and my shiny silver gat and my homies got my back i got all that i need" sublime

f*ck ebay support the industry
need some parts below MSRP on just about anything?
pm me

add us on myspace yO!
NEP-tuningalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2006, 10:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 88ED3 will become famous soon enough88ED3 will become famous soon enough88ED3 will become famous soon enough

i want one......

88ED3 aka Sugar Shayne:
will not ride your dick
does not care about rep
Old 02-14-2006, 01:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 5 reviews

So will this work on any chipped honda ecu assuming they are all 28pin (I dont know for sure)? If yes I would say its a great deal for 30 bucks, I may order one for my car, easy to switch between say a 110octane map and a 93 map.

Edelbrock turbo'd y7/y8 Mini-me @ 9psi

!
SpoolinSingleCam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2006, 09:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

can someone explain this thing to me. still not quite getting it. sorry....n00b.

88ED3 aka Sugar Shayne:
will not ride your dick
does not care about rep
Old 02-15-2006, 06:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88ED3
can someone explain this thing to me. still not quite getting it. sorry....n00b.
with the SST512 chip, basically there are 2 "pages" on it. you can write 2 different maps on one chip. Makku can give the definate explination, but basically i believe the #1 pin on the chip is a ground. you can burn a "page" with all the pins in your eprom burner, then to burn a map on the other page, you bend the #1 pin so it is not touching the burner, and burn again. now all the 2-timer does is connect or disconnect the ground signal to that #1 pin, causing it to switch between the maps.

again, im not sure about what pin it is, this is just an example of how i understand it.

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Last edited by ryan89crx; 01-28-2007 at 03:14 PM.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

i get it now. that is cool.

88ED3 aka Sugar Shayne:
will not ride your dick
does not care about rep
Old 02-20-2006, 03:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 staticchmbr is learning the way of the Dstaticchmbr is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

will this work with turboedit and a willem burner?
Old 02-20-2006, 05:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by staticchmbr
will this work with turboedit and a willem burner?
as long as you have the right chip. it wont matter what tuning program you are using. its basically like changing chips with the flip of a switch

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 02-21-2006, 06:12 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 staticchmbr is learning the way of the Dstaticchmbr is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

i was just asking because on the moates web site, it says that i have to buy a new burner/software to burn 2 programs to a chip to use this 2- timer.. maybe they don't want to say anything about willem burners and turboedit...
Old 01-28-2007, 02:57 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to laoruga

so there is nothing for obd II if a but the complete set up os better for me to buy the Hondadata for 500 than the complete crome and have to change to obd I....can anyone help me on thissss....

laoruga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2007, 03:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx View Post
with the SST256 chip, basically there are 2 "pages" on it. you can write 2 different maps on one chip. Makku can give the definate explination, but basically i believe the #1 pin on the chip is a ground. you can burn a "page" with all the pins in your eprom burner, then to burn a map on the other page, you bend the #1 pin so it is not touching the burner, and burn again. now all the 2-timer does is connect or disconnect the ground signal to that #1 pin, causing it to switch between the maps.

again, im not sure about what pin it is, this is just an example of how i understand it.
I want to correct you on this, it will only work on the xxx512 chips, since the actual .bin size is 256K (half of the 512K on the chip, all of the 256K chips). Granted it could have been a typo on your part, but I don't want anyone getting confused over this.

'95 Probe GT, Laser Red Tinted Metallic, ATX-->MTX swap, CAI, Hotshot headers, custom 2.5" catback w/ Magnaflow muffler, Eibach springs, 16MM rear swaybar, Hella H4 conv.
moz_21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2007, 03:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moz_21 View Post
I want to correct you on this, it will only work on the xxx512 chips, since the actual .bin size is 256K (half of the 512K on the chip, all of the 256K chips). Granted it could have been a typo on your part, but I don't want anyone getting confused over this.
ahh fuck, i could have sworn i said 512 chip, and in my first post i did. the second i guess i mis-typed

i meant to say SST27sf chip, which the only SST chips people are using are the 512s

proofreading > me

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Last edited by ryan89crx; 01-28-2007 at 03:15 PM.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
yellow bar for me

lsturbohatch10 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to lsturbohatch10

ok so sorry to bring this back from the dead, but i just got my two timer in today. i need to know how to burn 2 separate bins to my sst chip. one s for NA and the other is for Nitrous.

active REP WHORE. you rep me i rep you back, on a mission to 3000 rep points

Quote:
but thats what d-series is all about. cheap affordable performance.
lsturbohatch10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2007, 02:48 PM   #20 (permalink)

ya ryan you pretty much hit around the right area. pin 1 on the sst512 is the highest address pin (a15). usually this pin is connected to a ground so that it works on the lower page (0-256kb) of memory where a bin is stored. so if insted of pin 1 being connected to ground and it was connected to 5v then the ecu would read off the higher page (256kb-512kb) where the other bin would be stored.
cracker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in