crome - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2006, 11:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 SOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SOHCpower
Default crome

hey i have a few questions about it... next week im getting a obd1 p28... i want to do real time programming... how if i dont have the chipped flashed, can i flash it thru the RTP??? also is their any guides on how to make a chip burner?

can crome do full throttle control? like launch controll and stuff?

thanks and sorry for noob questions
SOHCpower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2006, 11:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 SOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to all

i must say that reading owns me... i see in teh sticker it does do the FTL...
Old 02-10-2006, 11:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

mikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

For RTP you should get the Ostrich. I dont have one myself but it makes tuning much easier.
mikeD16Z6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2006, 11:52 AM   #4 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

hondata s300
Urban Racer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2006, 12:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

mikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top Aussie

if you got $$
Old 02-10-2006, 12:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

For sure! But definetely a great investment if you know how to tune it well!
Urban Racer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2006, 02:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 41 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

Crome Pro works perfect for the daily driver and occasional track ho. Get an Ostrich as it makes life simple. I would not tune a car without it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2006, 05:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

why would u go hondata if crome or uberdata is free and can do almost all of what hondata can do? to me that is a waste of money then...
Old 02-10-2006, 05:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater

Rep Power: 41 " Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 24 reviews
Send a message via AIM to " Low " Send a message via Yahoo to " Low "

reputation.....amongst quality...

My username: High-Cap 1911
It ain't only for texans....but there are a BUNCH of us
" Low " is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2006, 06:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

so is there anything wrong with going with crome/uberdata?
Old 02-10-2006, 07:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 41 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low EG-T
reputation.....amongst quality...
Gee I guess I should have gone with a Greddy kit then :P

BTW Crome Pro is not free but worth every penny of $150. Crome and Uber is more for the DIY. Hondata is for someone who couldnt tune their own car or have the knowledge and patience. You need to ask yourself these questions. I would steer clear of Uber unless you have the time and patience to troubleshoot. I have used both and Crome > Uber hands down.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2006, 07:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater

Rep Power: 41 " Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !" Low " is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 24 reviews
Send a message via AIM to " Low " Send a message via Yahoo to " Low "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzar
Gee I guess I should have gone with a Greddy kit then :P

BTW Crome Pro is not free but worth every penny of $150. Crome and Uber is more for the DIY. Hondata is for someone who couldnt tune their own car or have the knowledge and patience. You need to ask yourself these questions. I would steer clear of Uber unless you have the time and patience to troubleshoot. I have used both and Crome > Uber hands down.
hey there i didnt say i run it , he asked why waste money, and i answered btw how are things down south..... and in reguards to the greddy kit i said quality.....

My username: High-Cap 1911
It ain't only for texans....but there are a BUNCH of us
" Low " is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2006, 03:50 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

hmm, so if i chipped the ECU for Crome(which i cannot find a chip kit for crome, only i can find Uberdata) and used the RTP, can i flash the eprom with a base map thru RTP, or do i need a burner?

also i hear with RTP, that the serial port way is better cause not as much bugs as usb???

thanks
Old 02-11-2006, 04:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
The H Badge is it!

Rep Power: 20 SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcanoSOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SOHC_Rules

im not an expert, but the 'chipping kit for uberdata' would be the one you're looking for....

and the ostritch is a real time programmer, so using erasable eeproms, you can upload new .bins with the car running... and i have heard the serial port is also better...
Old 02-11-2006, 06:00 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

alright, thanks for the help everybody... ill keep reading up... and i think i got how the fuel map works... no worries tho im not just gonna go in a play around with numbers haha... ima get understanding on how everything works. then try a little bit. but when i get more mods im def taking it to a dyno...
Old 02-11-2006, 06:27 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

i see that some plugins for crome dont work with the p28 basemap... is it possible to use the p30 basemap instead? i have a d16y8...
Old 02-11-2006, 06:43 AM   #17 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

yes, you have to start out with a p30 map. Then copy and paste your Y8 p2p maps onto the p30. Then you can use the boost tools and other plug-ins.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:03 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

could i just copy the p28 map over?

also what is ment when building the RTP board, if u wanted "27C256 EMULATION" or not?
Old 02-11-2006, 07:12 AM   #19 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

yeah, you can copy a p28 map over, but it wont run very well on your y8 motor. Not sure about the emulation because I dont use it, but 27c256 is they type of chip I use, so I GUESS you may want it. Not sure though...
Old 02-11-2006, 07:44 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

hmm, the p28 goes with a D16Z6, so how come it wont run well? they are both vtec from an EX, does it then have to do with the compression? also i tried looking up a p2p basemap and it doesnt have the link for the bin file on pgmfi.org... i saw the p2p for canadian EX...?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in