Something wrong with my baby - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2006, 12:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
I also have a cool title

Rep Power: 22 98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!
98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 98CiviCn00b
Default Something wrong with my baby

I have no idea whats wrong.....I havent done anything to her engine wise but im starting to get this noise thats getting louder.

Description:
When i drive my car around and its warm i stop at a stop light or at home the engine idles but all of a sudden the idle will dip about 200 rpms then a howling noise will come out of the TB. It will make this noise for a couple minutes then the rpms will bounce back up to 750 rpms and it will idle normal without the noise.... I have no cels no other problems eithier.

It seems that something in the IM or Engine itself is making that noise and spitting it out of the TB.... Ill try to get it on video and post a vid but any ideas what it could be....what could make my car drop rpms and make that noise???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
waiting to hear from this dude right now bout that tranny. lol...hopefully he will meet me somewhere.
98CiviCn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2006, 05:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

anny acc. coming on (alternator, ps pump, ac) would make the idle come down... as far as the sound, I need a clip to tell. prolly just a resonance.
Richie_A_19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2006, 10:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Tibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

dunno about the noise but play with your idle on my crx if the idle is to high it jumps 1000 to 200 same with to low
Tibs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2006, 01:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
I also have a cool title

Rep Power: 22 98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!
98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!

im gonna get a clip today ill update u guys later..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
waiting to hear from this dude right now bout that tranny. lol...hopefully he will meet me somewhere.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi

you still running the p28 in there?

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:

1996 Integra Project Car:
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2006, 02:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
I also have a cool title

no im not i took that out long time ago...everything is stock on the car cept intake header and exaust..but it was making this noise before header.

Quote:
Old 02-06-2006, 02:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
I also have a cool title

ok... heres the clip http://s30.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...I06CXOHX8TDFJL

It has 3 stages...
1)What my car with intake on sounds normal
2)The funny noise with the intake on
3)Funny noise with intake off and camera next to TB

You will notice in the 3rd phase the noise goes on then all of a sudden just stops which keeps weirding me out.

Quote:
Old 02-06-2006, 03:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano

first, Adjust your valves.... lol...

second, do you have any leaks?? IM or otherwise?? to me it sounds like air whistling
Old 02-06-2006, 03:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

third, does it do it if you hit the gas?? tap it?? floor it??
Old 02-06-2006, 03:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
I also have a cool title

I need to adjust my valves...never done it though...if u turn it up u can hear it. it actually sounds like its sucking air in around the the inside of the butterfly in the TB...

Quote:
Old 02-07-2006, 07:06 AM   #11 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

sounds perfectly normal to me.

Old 02-07-2006, 10:03 AM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Tibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatnessTibs is approaching greatness

try playing with your idle like i said philips screw right about the tb
could be to low or to high thats what i found out thanks to levi..
what does it sound like when you hit the gas? when i had my cai on it was loud as hell like that

id take a vid of mine but i cant put it on my computer
Old 02-07-2006, 10:06 AM   #13 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

honestly that thing sounds just fine. the intake is recent right? sounds just fine to me, i didnt hear anything out of the oridinary. car runs damn quiet.

Old 02-07-2006, 10:08 AM   #14 (permalink)

but it still jumps in idle
Old 02-07-2006, 12:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

check all connections to throttle body. how does your throttle cable feel? has the car been running at higher temps? does the fan kick on when the idle jumps? possibly your iacv needs to be cleaned, i had that problem in my accord.

if all else fails..................

Old 02-09-2006, 12:14 AM   #16 (permalink)
I also have a cool title

I need to clean everything...got any links on howto clean IACV and adujust TPS?

Quote:
Old 02-09-2006, 01:10 AM   #17 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

STOPPPP!!!

you dont need to adjust your TPS. you would get a CEL if that was out of whack.

you can clean the IACV (idle air control valve) nut then again, when they go bad, you'll get a CEL. still, cant hurt.

you should adjust your idle.... idle screw, and throttle cable.

adjust valves but that doesnt have to do with the whistling

check vacuum lines.

also.... FICV (fast idle control valve) these can loosen up with NO check engine lights. remove it, clean it, tighten all screws.

besides that, your engine sounds okay.
STREETWERKZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2006, 01:11 AM   #18 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

get another video of you giving it a little gas too....

after that it might be a little easier to help you.

good luck, but i dont think you have much to worry about.
STREETWERKZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in