Laptop tuning and dataloging with Turboedit? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2006, 12:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
dohdoh420

Default Laptop tuning and dataloging with Turboedit?

Can I tune using Turbo edit for a N/A car runnning nitrous useing the obd0 wireing? also, can I tune using turbo edit with a laptop while on the dyno, or out driving, or are laptops only used for dataloging? and if I use turbo edit how could I datalog it? thanks in advance!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2006, 01:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

makku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to makku Send a message via MSN to makku Send a message via Yahoo to makku

datalog with ecucontrol while car is running...

edit the rom with turboedit and reburn your chip while car is NOT running

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
forecast for tomorrow... a few sprinkles of genius with a chance for DOOM!
Quote:
But I thought you said TV was bad?
It is... but we fucking need it.
makku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2006, 08:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Quote:
Originally Posted by makku
edit the rom with turboedit and reburn your chip while car is NOT running
unless you are using the Ostrich

you can tune with a laptop on the dyno, street, wherever. as for datalogging, you need the ECUcontrol plugin for your version of TE. you can get it at www.pgmfi.org or from the ECUcontrol website www.ecucontrol.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2006, 12:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

makku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to makku Send a message via MSN to makku Send a message via Yahoo to makku

wow, ecucontrol works as a plugin for turboedit now? i haven't messed with obd0 in a while now...

Quote:
forecast for tomorrow... a few sprinkles of genius with a chance for DOOM!
Quote:
But I thought you said TV was bad?
It is... but we fucking need it.
makku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2006, 06:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by makku
wow, ecucontrol works as a plugin for turboedit now? i haven't messed with obd0 in a while now...
thats how i roll

with a little playing with the values in the program, i must say it works pretty damn nice too

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 02-06-2006, 06:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 crxtscy is learning the way of the Dcrxtscy is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Map Tracing is also coming along with TE. Buying the ostrich isn't really necessary.. but I would consider it a worthy investment.
crxtscy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2006, 09:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxtscy
Buying the ostrich isn't really necessary.. but I would consider it a worthy investment.
i think so too, saves a LOT of time

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 02-07-2006, 01:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 16 mynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mynameistin

nobody seems to go into the opensource of turboedit / ecucontrol on pgmfi but i have maptrace going logging wideband and just little tad other features. ostrich is a slow update but doing it trhough my window its not and it gets slowed down do to the color of each cell routine

http://forums.pgmfi.org/viewtopic.ph...8d33b5b1141ed6