What do I need in order to run more than 12psi? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2006, 07:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 15 sohc_vtec 2NR is learning the way of the Dsohc_vtec 2NR is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default What do I need in order to run more than 12psi?

Currently running the e-manage on my D16Y8 with the greddy 19T turbo kit @ 8psi.

I am planning on building up my internals and running 18psi with my turbo setup. My questions:

Could I run 18psi using the e-manage since it taps into the map sensor?

Do I need to purchase a 3bar map sensor?

Can I run a missing link or would that alter the e-manage since it is hooked up to the map sensor?
sohc_vtec 2NR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2006, 07:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

get a 3 bar map sensor and ditch the emanage for a chipped ecu

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2006, 07:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Chipped is the only way to go.
Richie_A_19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2006, 07:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
sub-sponsor

NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....NEP-tuningalltheway is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NEP-tuningalltheway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie_A_19
Chipped is the only way to go.

"i got my wooden baseball bat and my shiny silver gat and my homies got my back i got all that i need" sublime

f*ck ebay support the industry
need some parts below MSRP on just about anything?
pm me

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

add us on myspace yO!
NEP-tuningalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2006, 08:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 15 sohc_vtec 2NR is learning the way of the Dsohc_vtec 2NR is learning the way of the D

but running a chipped ecu requires a conversion to OBD1 and for emission purposes i would fail and thus lead to not being able to drive the car.....
Old 02-01-2006, 09:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 5 reviews

OBD1 conversion..

Quote:
and for emission purposes i would fail and thus lead to not being able to drive the car.....
money talks, bullshit walks

Edelbrock turbo'd y7/y8 Mini-me @ 9psi

!
SpoolinSingleCam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2006, 10:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
I wanna be just like Jimmy!!

OniFactor It's a JDM Star Bitches....

standalone. megasquirt? lol

my one and only baby..

[br]
[br]
OniFactor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2006, 11:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 95 R-81 Cx is almost a somebody95 R-81 Cx is almost a somebody95 R-81 Cx is almost a somebody95 R-81 Cx is almost a somebody

Hey about the emission I was reading something where this guy took BMW air blower thing and what it does I think is it adds fresh air to the exhaust so that the cars pass emissions or have lower ratings. Try searching for it, I think it was a BMW 320 or something.
95 R-81 Cx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2006, 11:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
decev

Yeah I've heard volvo's also have this air indution to the exhaust system. There's nothing in the visual inspection to give away the fact that it's chipped. Chipped ECU's are much safer, as long as it's tuned for your setup and not just someone elses basemap.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2006, 08:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

physically i think the car would pass the roller test, but they plug in the obd scanner and if i don't have an obd2 ecu then its an automatic fail
Old 02-04-2006, 09:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

WOW, that sucks. They don't do any of that shit in WA.

Convert to obd1 than just put your obd2 back in, in a parking lot near by. they don't rev it up high, so I wouldn't worry about it. Or get a b&m fpr and raise the fuel pressure abit to be on the safe side and take a little timming out of the dizzy. It should be all good just throwing a ob2 ecu in before the test.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in