20hp Ebay mod - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2006, 12:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to JaredKaragen Send a message via AIM to JaredKaragen
Default 20hp Ebay mod

ok, now this has probably been covered... i just wanted to sling it out there for those of you who don't know:

ok, I don't know who is stupid enough to pay for the "20 hp wonder ship" for their honda when they can spend a few cents on a resistor that equals the resistance of a cold IAT sensor.........

I do have one thing to say about this thing though.... it's gotta be safer than an ebay chip!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
*Signup Required*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1995 DelSol Si : B18C1/I/H/E Totalled. Swap is sold. Soon to part out.

Pat: You will be remembered.
JaredKaragen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2006, 01:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

Wtf????????????????
guest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2006, 02:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

:noway:
eg8kid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2006, 03:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Location: Dallas Texas in my Heart, Southern Georgia is where i stay.
Rep Power: 17 4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 4thGEN Send a message via MSN to 4thGEN Send a message via Yahoo to 4thGEN

repeat the question again???
Old 01-30-2006, 03:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 fireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Lets put it this way... if it was so easy to add all that power for just a few cents, wouldnt Honda, (the greatest car company in the world, who invests millions of dollars into researching and designing groundbreaking racecars and street cars that perform reliably and responsibly for decades) just build it into the cars already?
fireant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2006, 03:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
I <3 TIG Welding

Rep Power: 24 9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!
9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 9295EJ-t Send a message via Skype™ to 9295EJ-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredKaragen
ok, now this has probably been covered... i just wanted to sling it out there for those of you who don't know:

ok, I don't know who is stupid enough to pay for the "20 hp wonder ship" for their honda when they can spend a few cents on a resistor that equals the resistance of a cold IAT sensor.........

I do have one thing to say about this thing though.... it's gotta be safer than an ebay chip!

ok.. so lemme guess.. you bought one? ha ha!

i bought 5 one time thinking i could get 100hp....

edit: jk btw

9295EJ-t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2006, 03:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
diegoaccord

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireant
Lets put it this way... if it was so easy to add all that power for just a few cents, wouldnt Honda, (the greatest car company in the world, who invests millions of dollars into researching and designing groundbreaking racecars and street cars that perform reliably and responsibly for decades) just build it into the cars already?
Actually they wouldn't. Having the most power isn't the goal of any passenger car manufacturer. It's not like they are going to use the most aggressive settings possible. That's the reason that "free mods" exist. Most car manufacturers know that easy, cheap, or even free power can be had.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2006, 04:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano

What the hell are we talking about? Link?
Old 01-30-2006, 04:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
I <3 TIG Welding

Rep Power: 24 9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!
9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!9295EJ-t is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 9295EJ-t Send a message via Skype™ to 9295EJ-t

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...hip&category0=

9295EJ-t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2006, 04:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

singlecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to singlecizam

BWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA what a joke...... those guys are going to get rich of of ebay ricer kids. Just like the "electris turbo's" that became so famous years ago.....HAHAHAHA
singlecizam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2006, 04:23 PM   #11 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

sure, it fools your ECU to think its colder than it really is...so instead of running at your correct AFR corresponding to your actuall temp, you are now running uber-rich with shitty mileage and less power. I will take 30 of those please
eg6motion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2006, 09:24 PM   #12 (permalink)

If you had a stock fuel sys. with intake, cam, IM, port work, etc. you could get 20hp..... Practically the samething as a ebay chip. You have nocontrol over the A/F ratio though. Ideally you wan't to be able to control it via chipped ecu and dyno tuning or a WBO2.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecizam
BWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA what a joke...... those guys are going to get rich of of ebay ricer kids. Just like the "electris turbo's" that became so famous years ago.....HAHAHAHA
yep, dude that h22 looks nice, what does the hatch run now do u think????
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2006, 03:01 AM   #14 (permalink)

I don't have the link but a German magazine has tried the resistor's trick . . . resulting in loosing power on the dyno!
Urban Racer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2006, 03:23 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

singlecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to singlecizam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyblkVTEC
yep, dude that h22 looks nice, what does the hatch run now do u think????
i'll let you know when i get it running right..lol
singlecizam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2006, 03:43 AM   #16 (permalink)

well i dunno how this would work anyway
after installing I/H/E/Cam on my Y8 i was running 11 - 12 AFR, so by making it richer you would loose more power. In my particular case, I would need a resister telling the ecu that the air coming in was hotter and it would run more lean to make more power.
AussieY8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2006, 04:13 AM   #17 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre

its :fag:

Check out my civic build here -->

Rexinre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2006, 02:29 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to JaredKaragen Send a message via AIM to JaredKaragen

well, sorry for the late response: for a while they have been selling "20Hp Power Chip" for hondas etc... it costs like $10 or something... and it's a resistor that fools your IAT input to thinking the engine is cold, so it dumps in more fuel like an crap-bay chip would.... i just laugh at how many people actually buy.

*Signup Required*

1995 DelSol Si : B18C1/I/H/E Totalled. Swap is sold. Soon to part out.

Pat: You will be remembered.
JaredKaragen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2006, 03:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireant
No they wouldn't. In the stock P28 ecu I can get a extra 6 mpg without any engine damage and still run 87 octane pump gas.

Like I was told, Honda's are tuned by lawyers......

Like the Oddessy/Acura CL automatic tranny fiasco. When you get a new tranny from Honda, they replace your ECU (they don't tell you) which cuts about 20hp/35tq out of the motor, JUST to make the tranny live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2006, 03:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
R2.....Zap Balls

Rep Power: 36 vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !vtecduck is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vtecduck Send a message via Yahoo to vtecduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexinre
its :fag:
I agree
And if it was up to me I'd have Mods ride his unicycle out and kick every single one of these dumbasses in the nuts.
Quote:
congrats to Mr and Mz Duck!
now just keep her safe from the 3 'b's
boys, beer, and b-series.

Do I miss the civic? Not really the car as much as the power it had

1993 E36 civic replacement work in progress:

vtecduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in