Cell-phone datalog cable - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2006, 01:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to JaredKaragen Send a message via AIM to JaredKaragen
Default Cell-phone datalog cable

After hours of searching, and lots of heartache about why I can't seem to get my datalogging cable to work, I ran across this pic of the cable that I have (side note: this is the cable for an LG/Audiovox phone.... but the nokia driver installs fine):

Now, I checked my wiring to the ECU, and it seems to check out..... so I am now completely stumped as to why I can not get ECUControl to read for datalogging... the driver is installed correctly, and I do have ecucontrol setup.... but it is still unclear about comport settings in ECUControl AND the windows device manager.

Anyone got some insight?

BTW: this is a good pic with pinouts for ppl, cause I found it after over 3 hours of searching for it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PL-2303-other.jpg
Views:	4413
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	9660  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
*Signup Required*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1995 DelSol Si : B18C1/I/H/E Totalled. Swap is sold. Soon to part out.

Pat: You will be remembered.
JaredKaragen is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2006, 07:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

do you have the j12 jumper cut?
you supposidly need to remove it for ecucontrol, chrome, and hondata....
I have hondata and still the j12 and it works, so who knows.....
but i would try removing the j12 just to see.
Orfus5 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2006, 05:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 csaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropescsaddict is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

pinouts for all cell phone cables by model can be found here: http://pinouts.ru/

If you are sure its wired correctly check the Port assignment. You mostlikely have to forced the port.

owns you.
csaddict is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2006, 10:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

makku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to makku Send a message via MSN to makku Send a message via Yahoo to makku

yeah, look up the com port that it gets assigned to under your device manager. Mine alternates between COM3 and COM4 when i plug it in...

Quote:
forecast for tomorrow... a few sprinkles of genius with a chance for DOOM!
Quote:
But I thought you said TV was bad?
It is... but we fucking need it.
makku is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2006, 01:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....

nope... it was set COM3 every time...

I cut J4 cause i have a JDM P08.

The driver is installed correctly... (when plugged in I have to "update driver..." to get the real driver in there)

I am mainly having problems with ECUControl not getting any data from the com port...

I have yet to see a set of default com port settings for windows and ecucontrol.....

some say 19200, some say 38400 some say 2400..... it's a bitch... i've tried lots of combinations.... in the device manager, and in ECUControl.

As for the port showing up on com3/4 at different times.... just remember your drivers are installed per-device... per-usb port plugged into.... that could be your com3/4 bug....

ECUControl shows it's connected to the COM port, but it gets no data still.....

*Signup Required*

Old 02-03-2006, 01:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by csaddict
pinouts for all cell phone cables by model can be found here: http://pinouts.ru/

If you are sure its wired correctly check the Port assignment. You mostlikely have to forced the port.

you can't find that prolific chip's board pinout on pinouts.ru.... only the cellphone plug end... which i don't have...

I have the usb/circuit side of the cable... ot the side that plugs into the phone... kinda useless this website is for me....

*Signup Required*

Last edited by JaredKaragen; 02-03-2006 at 01:10 PM.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 bigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Borat

I never understood why people dick around with these cables. Superdroid cable for the guys with RS232(aka serial) ports and Moates cable for those with USB cables. You spend $5-10 more but you save yourself hours of time trouble shooting bullshit issues.
bigwig is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2006, 01:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwig
I never understood why people dick around with these cables. Superdroid cable for the guys with RS232(aka serial) ports and Moates cable for those with USB cables. You spend $5-10 more but you save yourself hours of time trouble shooting bullshit issues.

I had this cell cable lying around for about a year from an old cell I once had... normally Ill save things like this cause it will have a future use... Like this cable....

*Signup Required*

Old 02-07-2006, 07:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Still having trouble...

that cable shows DTR/RTS etc.... do i need to loop these like a null modem cable to get it to work right?

Im gonna take my ecu out again (ostrich is working again... it turns out I don't need to send it in anymore =) and double check the wiring...

Ill double check the wire the tx on the cable to the rx on the ecu, the rx on the cable to the tx on the ecu... and I know the ground is correct. The cable I took apart had the ground and the metal sleve connected to each other already.

When I double checked the wires before i installed the ecu again recently, the colors matched up to the picture referenced above.

Anyone have any more input? It's really bothering me that I can do RTP but can't log for shit....

*Signup Required*

Old 01-25-2014, 09:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Hi !

Can you help me please with pinout-configuration for this interface ?
Like GRD, TX, RX... I need for jtag/flash my broken router.
Thank you !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05057.jpg
Views:	771
Size:	386.7 KB
ID:	58354   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05068.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	461.6 KB
ID:	58362  
vladtheodor is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2014, 09:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
Live,love,laugh,be real

Rep Power: 39 4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

this is 8 years old, hopefully it will help others again...

R.I.P. my mom - I miss you
10/3/1945-6/16/2007

R.I.P. - MiloReaper & Pat Primmer

96' CE1 Lx - Wags

04' Pilot EXL - Black Pile - Love it

is your friend, try it

[youtube ][ /youtube]

4Door is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in