y8 w/ p28 virgin??? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2006, 03:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default y8 w/ p28 virgin???

in the discussion forum, i posted a question about running the gsr p72 ecu on a b16(p2t) without chipping it...simply pluggin in the conversion harness, and going with it. What would happen if i took my p28 and hooked it to my y8? i mean, with the conversion harness of course, but would there be any significant gains? or just a waste of time, or would it even run at all??
jonas00ex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2006, 03:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 ekny8 is almost a somebodyekny8 is almost a somebodyekny8 is almost a somebodyekny8 is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

i was running my y7y8 minime on a virgin p28 and it ran decent, but not great. got like 25-28 mpg, no power gains maybe slight loss even. it will work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

lots of good shiz you wanna buy now:mikej:

sold my D got a B i drink my own P Update! sold the B now I'm in a Subie dub argh exx. I can go damn near anywhere... fast!!

Last edited by ekny8; 01-25-2006 at 03:54 PM.
ekny8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2006, 09:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 10 reviews

well, by doing this you've got a lot more room to make it better though. with the stock p2p ecu, you're very limited to tuning. if you're not gonna eventually tune it, then don't waste the money.
dragman99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2006, 05:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Joey Misanthropy

Rep Power: 16 Joseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Davis

Y7/Y8 heads are a different design than the other SOHC. The P2P (Y8 ) ignition maps are a LOT different. P28 will run you a little too much ignition timing.

I feel the need to add that the ECU adds and subtracts timing over and above the ignition table values based on TPS, calculated load, etc... but the Y7/Y8 head still likes less timing.
Joseph Davis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2006, 07:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 inspector01 is starting to learn the ropesinspector01 is starting to learn the ropesinspector01 is starting to learn the ropesinspector01 is starting to learn the ropesinspector01 is starting to learn the ropesinspector01 is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Yea, it isn't good for your motor because the maps are completely different. But with a P28 if you chipped it and got it tuned you could probly do alot better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Power

1998 Acura Integra GSR-T
inspector01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in