Need a Dyno, andyone know where I can find one? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2006, 08:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
brownbob06

Default Need a Dyno, andyone know where I can find one?

This is for people who live in Northwest Ohio and around my area...
I live in Leipsic, Oh. (NW Ohio) And as far as I can tell, there is NO place to put my car on a dyno around here. Does anyone know a close one to me? Maybe in Lima or Findlay or somewhere around there? if so, how much is it to get on the dyno?
Again, I don't expect many ppl to know the answer to this, but help is GREATLY appreciated.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2006, 08:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

bump for an answer
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2006, 09:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
I wanna be just like Jimmy!!

OniFactor It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

akron, maybe?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

my one and only baby..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[br]
[br]
OniFactor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2006, 05:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
brownbob06

Akron is REALLY far away, I have some friends over there, it's a few hour drive....
I'm in Northwest Ohio, that's Northeast, thanks for the suggestion though.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

stay AWAY from Showdown (I believe that is their name) as they mostly do DSM's........like buringing them up @ norwalk due to a faulty fuel line...........and still ran they car!

Look up locations on Dynojet's page, places in Detroit also.

www.ohiohondas.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2006, 05:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
brownbob06

Sweet, thanks for the site, I found 2 within 45 minutes, in places I go to often....I dunno how much they are gonna cost me though :S:S
Old 01-25-2006, 05:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
brownbob06

Now, I have an adjustable Cam gear, and that's about all I have that is adjustable on my car, would it be worth a dyno-run just to adjust cam timing? Or should I wait until I get Handata or another (Extremely cheap) ECM system?
Old 01-25-2006, 05:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

what is all done to yiour car?

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2006, 05:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
brownbob06

b7-z6 mini me, Cold air intake, Adjustable cam gear...that's it for now.... Should I wait til I put a new exhaust on?...sorry man, I'm new to the whole Dyno tuning thing (not new to cars, just the dyno) Also, with just the CAI do you have any idea about how much gains I can expect, I mean rough ballpark...like5-10HP 1-5...I know no one can say this for sure but the dyno, but I'm just curious.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

since you have done a mini me swap, it would not hurt to take a run or two on the dyno so you can get a good solid number down...also that will allow to adjust the cam gear to get the power curve to where you would like it...but i honestly would not spend much more time needed than to run two times, your car will not need any extensive tuning and need only to adjust the cam timing and ignition timing (distributor adjustments)...with that said, i think you can get a few more ponies going to the dyno than you have now and you can possibly get it to run a little bit smoother (maybe)...

good luck with the tuning...

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in