Honda D Series Forum banner

dsm's in obd2b

2K views 23 replies 4 participants last post by  ghettoturbo 
#1 ·
is anyone running dsm injectors in an obd2b car? just curious, cuz i was using y8 injectors in my DX and it through code 45, put the y7 injectors back in and no more code. i'm putting together a turbo kit and need to know if its gonna be a problem.

#2 ·
According to a few sources, the y8 injectors are rated for higher flow than the Y7. Thats where your code 45 comes from. I previously though this was incorrect, but thinking back to when I put my y8 engine with my y7 ecu running it, I got a code 45 too (fuel system too rich or lean) I don't know about DSM injectors though.

G
#3 ·
actually any 96-2k integra, or civic or crv have the exact same injector (uds cars not jdm). they are all 240-245cc flow rated.

you need something to control the injectors and you need to install an injector resistor box from an older hoinda. liek the 91 civic or accords have. some 90-91 integras have them too. the dms injectors are low resistance. 92+ are high impedance so the resistor box allows you to run those injectors. you also need to have a reason to run those injectors. do you realise that's a crap load of fuel? i ran 440's with 14lbs of boost and 250 wheel power on my stock honda and i still have room on the injectors if needed.

#4 ·
oscarmayer said:
actually any 96-2k integra, or civic or crv have the exact same injector (uds cars not jdm). they are all 240-245cc flow rated.[
Umm... yeah, im going to have to go ahead and disagree with you there. Look around this site, you will find a post showing that 96-00 non-vtec injectors flow a different rate than vtec injectors of the same years. I believe it was 195 compared to 240.I can attest to this, because when intalling my Y8 injectors into my Y7, I got an error code 45, fuel system too rich or lean.

G
#6 ·
Civic, If you contact honda directly and get a tech who knows they will inforum you that all 92-2k civic and integras are the same injector. (USD only) You might have gotten ahold of a jdm injector which some cam be 340cc if i remember correctly.

FYI, Why look around the site? I kow the info. you can also contact rceng.com and ask them yourself.

G
#11 ·
actually if you take the same bold that fits a civic and the bolt for an integra, they are not the same part #. they can be the exact same bolt for the same part that fits both cars stock and be different. don't go by part numbers.

another example is the 96 civic and the 99 civic. the intake manifold gaskets are the EXACT same but if you go down to honda the part #'s are different. are the different parts? you tell me...

#14 ·
oscarmayer said:
actually if you take the same bold that fits a civic and the bolt for an integra, they are not the same part #. they can be the exact same bolt for the same part that fits both cars stock and be different. don't go by part numbers.

another example is the 96 civic and the 99 civic. the intake manifold gaskets are the EXACT same but if you go down to honda the part #'s are different. are the different parts? you tell me...
You proceed with your Honda work based upon the fact that Y7 and Y8 injectors are not the same. It may never become an issue to you. However I am telling you that the injectors from a Y7 are of different flow rates than Y8 injectors. Don't believe all these lists of injector ratings shown on other "message boards".

If only I could find that discussion we had a while back regarding this particular issue!

G
#15 ·
2redstars, not w/o something properly controlling them. like a hondata or the greddy emanage or some real decent unit. a lot of guys talk about the afc hack, but I personally can attest to 4 blown motors from guys I know who have tried this on their turbo cars. So i am totally against it. The local shop last yr repalced 12 honda motors due to the afc hack as well. it is not stable and does cause issues at times. was the problem.

G
#20 ·
yes they will throw a code unless you have something to properly control them and decrease fuel flow. also you will need a resistor box due to the later gondas are high resistance and those are low resistance injectors.

#21 ·
ok, yes i know all of that, i forgot to mention i'm running a VAFC2, and even with the y8 injectors tuned down some i was throwing a CEL, so if i use the dsm injectors when i put my turbo setup on, how much will i have to go into the negatives for them to work right? i plan on going to get dyno tuned right after but its a 2 hour drive to get there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.