Ecu wired for vtec - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2006, 10:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Ecu wired for vtec

Is it ok if i have my ecu hardwired so the vtec is always on its a d16z6 head ona d15b7 block would it be bad for it? I know my gas milage would be worse but any other bad problems?
crohnman6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2006, 09:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

/\ LMAO vtec is when a lobe on the intake of a single cam is "activated" to bring in more air (power). you don't need vtec until you make less power with stock cam (go to a dyno to determin this). You will probably screw up your engine leaving it on. Vtec doesn't activate till your over 15 mph anyways.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2006, 08:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
snackz

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthehell1051
Vtec doesn't activate till your over 15 mph anyways.
i learn something new every day.

Old 01-27-2006, 11:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to JaredKaragen Send a message via AIM to JaredKaragen

duhhh.... he's not using the ecu to activate vtec...

anyways, to answer your question:

It's not recommended, cause at low rpm's the pins that lock the rocker arms onto the center lobes tend to not go in all the way, or just in on a few, causing sputtering and poor performance/mileage.... thats why there an oil pressure check.

I would say get an MSG RPM activated switch and set it for 5Krpm's or so... at the very least. That would atleast work for the mean time. if u do do this, make sure you dont float or keep the rom's right around the point of engagement... (if u hook up an led for a vtec light then you can see for yourself if it's happening...) cause it will not be good for the solenoid or the posts that lock the cam to engage and disengage rapidly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
*Signup Required*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1995 DelSol Si : B18C1/I/H/E Totalled. Swap is sold. Soon to part out.

Pat: You will be remembered.
JaredKaragen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2006, 07:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 blur_civic is a name known to allblur_civic is a name known to allblur_civic is a name known to allblur_civic is a name known to allblur_civic is a name known to allblur_civic is a name known to allblur_civic is a name known to allblur_civic is a name known to allblur_civic is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Some engages Vtec early to help spool up big turbos...
blur_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2006, 09:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
decev

Don't leave it on. What I did was save my money and get a p28 ecu. But, of course you want it now like I did. So instead of purchasing an RPM switch like MSD's I just got a little horn from kragen and wired that up. I also had a tach. This was just a cheap way to engage VTEC while I did what was right. Also note that with out the proper fuel curve, especially on a b7/z6 w/ highr comp., you'll lean and possibly detonate. Just my .02
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in