i need a WBO2 for cheap. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2006, 08:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
I wanna be just like Jimmy!!

OniFactor It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Unhappy i need a WBO2 for cheap.

so, my engine seems to be running richer and richer to me, all the time.. i keep on trying to deny that it's my car that's smelling pig rich... but it's come down to it. i have to tune my engine. i have no real money to purchase a sensor and controller, so are there any other cheap alternatives? there aren't any dynos close enough to use them to tune, either.. what's a guy to do?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

my one and only baby..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[br]
[br]
OniFactor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2006, 05:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

How do you know if its running really rich, im not questioning your technical ability, there are 2 things that can emit that smell without running rich. The fuel vapor purge canister can make that foul smell, and so can the EGR. If your gonna tune, I'd look for something good if your really serious about it. The AEM UEGO controller is pretty good I hear, I use the VAFC-II to tune my car, but there are so many options out there. The dyno is the only proof of power, and if your tuning, tune for power and fuel both find yourself a happy compromise. Dynos aint cheap, but its the only proof. Blind tuning (like me) only gets you so far.
slowcivic2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2006, 06:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
The H Badge is it!

Rep Power: 20 SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcanoSOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
SOHC_Rules is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SOHC_Rules

ive always heard the aem units burn out quickly...

i'd buy a plx devices m-300 myself... only heard good things about them

Old 01-31-2006, 06:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
The Master Fabricator

gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....gpny It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gpny

Gruvytune on honda-tech is in the albany area. He street tunes people and has a very good reputation.
I would recommend having the car tuned for you if you can't buy your own wb02. Otherwise theres the Innovate LC1 for 200$... Need a laptop though.
gpny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2006, 08:30 AM   #5 (permalink)

i've got a laptop, and everything.. i am planning on running uberdata, too. i'm mainly just missing the O2 sensor, lol

i know i'm running rich because not only of the increased smell, but a drop in gas mileage.. if i go WOT it doesn't have the same pickup as if i was 95% throttle,all these little things i notice.

do any of those controllers you guys mention also have a narrowband simulator for the ECU?

my one and only baby..

[br]
[br]
Old 01-31-2006, 08:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 SleepingCRX88 will become famous soon enoughSleepingCRX88 will become famous soon enoughSleepingCRX88 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SleepingCRX88

cant u just goto the parts store and pick up a wide band o2?

<<< Share the rep
SleepingCRX88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2006, 09:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelsise
theres the Innovate LC1 for 200$... Need a laptop though.
this is what id do. you can always add a gauge later on if you need

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2006, 09:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Hondaphile

Rep Power: 17 ottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ottomaticjack Send a message via MSN to ottomaticjack Send a message via Yahoo to ottomaticjack

ditto...I plan on getting the LC-1 as well.

Good sellers and stuff....NastyhabitzCRX, Icarusdown, Infamousz6, fast88, drew95eg, cuong-nutz, Sonny7730

"We have a blind date with destiny, and it looks like she ordered the lobster...."
ottomaticjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2006, 11:33 AM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DontSaveHer will become famous soon enoughDontSaveHer will become famous soon enoughDontSaveHer will become famous soon enough

there is are lc-1 wideband on ebaymotors.com for 150 175 and 199. ONe of them also comes with a little l.e.d display so you dont need a laptop. You can also buy the guage for a bill.(100)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Innov...QQcmdZViewItem
DontSaveHer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2006, 05:38 PM   #10 (permalink)

but do those innovate ones have a simulated narrowband, for the ECU?

my one and only baby..

[br]
[br]
Old 01-31-2006, 06:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
snackz

Quote:
Originally Posted by OniFactor
but do those innovate ones have a simulated narrowband, for the ECU?
thats what i want to know, i have the safc2 and i was told that i need a wb02. but what about the sensor thats there, does the afc already know when i put a wide band02 sensor. hmm.. does any one have a SAFC2? i'd like to aske them some questions.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2006, 07:42 PM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DontSaveHer will become famous soon enoughDontSaveHer will become famous soon enoughDontSaveHer will become famous soon enough

yes there is a simulated narowband output on the lc-1 wideband controler that comes in the kit
DontSaveHer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2006, 07:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Do you have any experiance with these units?? Cause I know a lot of others are like 300-500... Would I waste my $$ with these??
Richie_A_19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2006, 05:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

yes the work well especially the LC-1, best bang for the buck!
Orfus5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in