Tuning question - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2006, 05:42 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Tuning question

Hi,

Is there such a thing as to max. power coming in at specific temperature on the engine? I find it strange too, so asking anyone who have any infor to share with me, tks.
simple is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2006, 05:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Yes, I've heard of this too. I don't know what an ideal temperature is, because every motor is different. the more surface area in the chamber and intake, the lower the temperature, making it slightly more efficient. It's not too big of a difference to matter for N/A, but boosted engines can use this to their advantage.

Some boosted B motors use squared intake ports, the reason is of course, for surface area, the air is much cooler near the floor than it is in the middle of the port, resulting in cooling of the incoming air, allowing a denser charge, thus making a bit more power.
slowcivic2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2006, 08:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

hmmmmm can anyone explain this a little more.........?
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2006, 09:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to allmotorsohcisbest Send a message via Yahoo to allmotorsohcisbest

http://v2.fivezeroseven.com/index.ph...35&topic=119.0

I hope that link helps a little. Its got a lot of great info.
allmotorsohcisbest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2006, 03:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 B20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcivic2k

Some boosted B motors use squared intake ports, the reason is of course, for surface area, the air is much cooler near the floor than it is in the middle of the port, resulting in cooling of the incoming air, allowing a denser charge, thus making a bit more power.
Hummmmm I doubt they use square intake port for a "denser charge". Square port are bigger and flow more air....
B20BbenN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2006, 03:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Location: Dallas Texas in my Heart, Southern Georgia is where i stay.
Rep Power: 17 4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness4thGEN is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 4thGEN Send a message via MSN to 4thGEN Send a message via Yahoo to 4thGEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by B20BbenN
Hummmmm I doubt they use square intake port for a "denser charge". Square port are bigger and flow more air....

thats what im hollern
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in