SAFC-ll tunning help. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2006, 03:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
snackz

Default SAFC-ll tunning help.

hey so i have had my afc for about 6 months now and i have been trying to get it tunned but dyno time is pricey. if i can tune it my self to get some use out of it till i get it dyno tunned that would be awsome. can any one help me out?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2006, 03:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

and this is on what car?? what mods?? do have a wideband 02 sensor?? etc. etc. etc....
Richie_A_19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2006, 03:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
snackz

its a 94 ex, all i got is stage 1 clutch kit, short shifter, head is ported out and milled. thats about all affecting the motor. no wideband, just the stock one. ill be getting some blue top injectors, and fuel rail and header soon but i want to mess with it before i get that stuff cause it will be a while.

Old 01-18-2006, 03:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano

without a WB02.... I don't know if I'd do anything...
Old 01-18-2006, 04:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie_A_19
without a WB02.... I don't know if I'd do anything...
DirtyDC4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2006, 05:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
snackz

why, where can i acquire me one from?
Old 01-18-2006, 05:13 PM   #7 (permalink)

there are some on egay for like $250-$300

EDIT: My avatar is teh devil (666 posts!!)
Old 01-18-2006, 05:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

a wideband allows you to see what your air/fuel ratio looks like, without one its either a dyno, or a guess. with guessing, your not gonna know what your getting, because it may not be enough to feel, the only way to tell is if your a/f is rich/lean, and correct it based on what the wideband sensor sends back.
slowcivic2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2006, 05:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
snackz

oh! ok. tight..thats easy enough. kinda
Old 01-18-2006, 06:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Dyno is the only way to fly IMO. A wideband does provide accurate readings but constant WOT pulls on the street are just not safe.....You can do a decent Partial throttle tune but dyno time is a good investment, especially since you have a ported head. but thats just my .02
eg6motion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2006, 06:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
snackz

no i know that its the best way to go but i cant afford that yet. after i finish with the motor or at lease get headers n all the other accessories to help breathe then ill get it tuned..
Old 01-18-2006, 07:39 PM   #12 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

other thing you may consider to hold you over is to install a FPR. I am suprised you havn't gotten a CEL with a ported head. Couple buds have had it done and stock fuel won't cut it for them. Hopefully your not running lean...
eg6motion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2006, 05:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
snackz

yeah i need a fpr and fuel rail, and injectors, n some other stuff what the hell is a CEL?? and yeah i wont know if im leanin out till i get a new o2 sensor.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:26 PM   #14 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 bigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

You dont need FRP, fuel rail, or injectors. Your stock ones are fine. You arent making that much power. My best suggestion is to run the AFC zero'd out. Get to the point where you are basically done modifying the car(buy your header,intake, blah blah blah). Then schedule an hour of dyno tuning(should cost roughly $150). With your paticular setup you shouldnt need more than an hour. I suggest bringing $200 with you though. If they are dicks and kick you off the dyno after an hour, say you have $200 and you need your tune completed. If they are good guys they will continue tuning even if it takes an extra 30 minutes.
bigwig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2006, 05:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
snackz

well thing is an hour of dyno tuning around here cost like 400 bucks. not no 150, if i could find a dyno to tune at for 150 it would have been done already.
oh and the dyno shop told me i need fpr, rail, and injectors, before id could be tunned. any one know of a better shop around in or around austin.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:19 PM   #16 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

stock injectors good enough, fpr is just basically going to bring up your idle but nothing else. Just because you have a port done it doesn't mean that you will throw a cel. A cel is when you get a check engine light that will come on. To check, I am sure you know how by now.
Devine_wind is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2006, 07:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
snackz

oh!! yeah no check engine light.. im good. i just wanna tune my car a little.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in