Wiring Help - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2006, 08:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 88ED3 will become famous soon enough88ED3 will become famous soon enough88ED3 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 88ED3
Default Wiring Help

ok. im swapping my civic from a D15b2 to a D16A6. ive got the head, intake mani, block and ecu. im stressing the harness. ive got a bunch of people who can splice this and that with no codes. ive seen their work, but they want me to take my car there. thats like 60 miles away (Tampa). they are talking about using my exhisting b2 harness, but my car didnt come with one. cant i just get an si harness? it needs the "resistor" box on it i think. im clueless of what i need and those are rare round here. i dont want to pay $100 for something thats not going to work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

88ED3 aka Sugar Shayne:
will not ride your dick
does not care about rep
does not care about post count

Last edited by 88ED3; 01-17-2006 at 08:47 PM.
88ED3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2006, 08:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Rayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88ED3
ok. im swapping my civic from a D15b2 to a D16A6. ive got the head, intake mani, block and ecu. im stressing the harness. ive got a bunch of people who can splice this and that with no codes. ive seen their work, but they want me to take my car there. thats like 60 miles away (Tampa). they are talking about using my exhisting b2 harness, but my car didnt come with one. cant i just get an si harness? it needs the "resistor" box on it i think. im clueless of what i need and those are rare round here. i dont want to pay $100 for something thats not going to work.

So are you saying you just don't have an engine harness at all?? You'll need an injector resistor box, an A6 dizzy. You're going to have to pick up a comparable engine wiring harness to make it all work. You don't necessarily need the original one, but using a different one all together may involve more wiring because you won't be able to just "plug and play" everything.

I'm doing the same swap myself for the first-time (not really by myself, my buddy is actually doing most of the harness work). Point is, I'm not an expert. I'd suggest doing a serious search here on the site. OOOOOODLES of info, you just have to find it. Here's a quick link I found by doing a google search.

http://hondacrx881.tripod.com/mpfiswap.html
Rayden is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2006, 10:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 88ED3 will become famous soon enough88ED3 will become famous soon enough88ED3 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden
So are you saying you just don't have an engine harness at all?? You'll need an injector resistor box, an A6 dizzy. You're going to have to pick up a comparable engine wiring harness to make it all work. You don't necessarily need the original one, but using a different one all together may involve more wiring because you won't be able to just "plug and play" everything.

I'm doing the same swap myself for the first-time (not really by myself, my buddy is actually doing most of the harness work). Point is, I'm not an expert. I'd suggest doing a serious search here on the site. OOOOOODLES of info, you just have to find it. Here's a quick link I found by doing a google search.

http://hondacrx881.tripod.com/mpfiswap.html
i forgot to mention i have 2 a6 dizzys. I DO NOT WANT TO SPLICE! i want the closest to plug and play possible. what does the resistor box look like? can somene send a pic of the exact harness i need? im not worried about splicing it all if i have to, because there is a bunch of people who can do it. the point is, i have to buy a harness reguardless. i want to buy one that WILL work. i dotn want to buy something, then jsut cut it all up. cant i just buy an a6 harness? what should be connected to it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

88ED3 aka Sugar Shayne:
will not ride your dick
does not care about rep

Last edited by 88ED3; 01-17-2006 at 10:06 PM.

Old 01-18-2006, 09:00 AM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Rayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88ED3
i forgot to mention i have 2 a6 dizzys. I DO NOT WANT TO SPLICE! i want the closest to plug and play possible. what does the resistor box look like? can somene send a pic of the exact harness i need? im not worried about splicing it all if i have to, because there is a bunch of people who can do it. the point is, i have to buy a harness reguardless. i want to buy one that WILL work. i dotn want to buy something, then jsut cut it all up. cant i just buy an a6 harness? what should be connected to it?

I don't think you'll be able to find a harness that will just "plug" in to everything on the car. Because you still have parts from the B2 and adding A6, you're going to have to make some adjustments. I don't think there's a way around it. As far as what an injector res. box looks like, I think there is a picture of one in the link I gave. You could also go to NAPA and say I need an inj. res. box for a '91 CRX Si and it would prob. run you $20.
Rayden is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2006, 10:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

i bid on one from ebay.....well see how it all works out..

88ED3 aka Sugar Shayne:
will not ride your dick
does not care about rep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in