Motor help! (long, but only once!) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2006, 12:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 88ED3 will become famous soon enough88ED3 will become famous soon enough88ED3 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 88ED3
Default Motor help! (long, but only once!)

Ok, ima try to explain all this in one thread. I have an 88 Ef sedan. the motor that came in it (D15B2) had a cylinder full of water, but because no air got to it, no rust. when i took the head off, the only thing i had to "prevent rust" was some good ole' WD-40. So i sprayed the hell out of the cylinders. im not sure if it was a good idea, but i had plans with another motor anyways. a friend (who was going to build me a Mini-Me) brought me a D16B1 motor. Since its an 8valve the piston wont fall on the Y8's valves right so i bought an D16A6 block. now i have a b2 motor (no harness), b1 motor, y8 head (i should get fri), and a6 block. ive ditched the mini me idea before i went spend my $1600 a month on it. I want to swap in the D16a6 motor. im pretty sure of what to do, but i need reassurance so i feel better. for my car to run (after everything is rebuilt) i need a block, head, ecu and wiring harness (all Si), correct? Can i use the intake manifold and all connections from the b2 with the A6 head? is there anything to look out for? Im hoping that D-Series.org is a better source of information than my local site TampaRacing.com (runs the racing scene of central florida). ive read i think 90% of this site already, and its helped a lot. i think this might me my new "home page", lol. Help me out. ive got some skills, but i like to talk about my ideas before i make a decision. is use the same concept "measure twice, cut once". ive had bad luck with the 3 other hondas that ive owned. now that ive said all this, my next threads will be short an to the point. i have to let yall in on the situation so yall can see whats going on. there will be no more long posts like this, i sware.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

88ED3 aka Sugar Shayne:
will not ride your dick
does not care about rep
does not care about post count
88ED3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2006, 07:27 AM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DontSaveHer will become famous soon enoughDontSaveHer will become famous soon enoughDontSaveHer will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

The d15 and d16 nonvtec heads are the same but the d16 one has a beter cam. The d16a6 will bolt rite in place of the d15b2, just use the old motor mounts. If you dont have mpfi you will need to swap the 1.6 si pm6 ecu, d16a6 1.6 distributor,and the d16z6 intake manifold is the best and will work perfect.
DontSaveHer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2006, 07:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DontSaveHer will become famous soon enoughDontSaveHer will become famous soon enoughDontSaveHer will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

You could use the d15b2 head on the d16a6 block if you can rebuild it or its still good. The car doesnt have a ecu or wiring harness?
DontSaveHer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2006, 08:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 88ED3 will become famous soon enough88ED3 will become famous soon enough88ED3 will become famous soon enough

my car has a PM5, and no wiring harness. when i went to sleep last night, i realized im going ot mpfi swap it. the intake is all duel point injection. this is my first d series. im use to f and h series, lol. Can you please list evverthing i need for a MPFI swap? i have an idea, but i dont want to be missing anything. Hell, can you send a link to a mpfi write up? im fixing to leave for work, so ill check it when i get in. i looked before iwent to sleep, but found all this domestic shit. thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

88ED3 aka Sugar Shayne:
will not ride your dick
does not care about rep
Old 01-10-2006, 08:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 hondajosh will become famous soon enoughhondajosh will become famous soon enoughhondajosh will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

you need the si intake manifold, ecu, injectors, and harness..cant remember if you need a diff distributor...

hondajosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2006, 09:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

i know i need the si dizzy.

88ED3 aka Sugar Shayne:
will not ride your dick
does not care about rep
Old 01-10-2006, 09:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series Destruction Master

Rep Power: 36 f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f00ker Send a message via MSN to f00ker Send a message via Yahoo to f00ker

18 guage wires, a bunch of them
an SI engine harness for you to tear apart
your stock engine harness
88/91 SI/HF dizzy
Injector resistor box
88-91 (90/91 preferred) SI ecu
MPFI intake manifold (z6 recommended, b7 and a6 suck)

f00ker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in