Need Help: Non Vtec Wiring Harnes-P28 VTEC ECU - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2006, 07:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
big_daddy_b_99

Exclamation Need Help Wiring Vtec for a P28 ecu/Jdm d15b

alright here's my dilema guys. if you didn't know my car was actin up, bad so i took it into a shop. well it turns out my P28 crapped out so i bought a chipped one from AMkrew_1, good guy by the way , and bought a complete cabin harness from HAP recyclers for $200 because the previous owner had it all spliced up and botched up,hell i haven't had any problems since i first got it and started modifying it. but oh well i bought it and they went to hook it all up and well duh durrr they tell me it won't work cause my car used to be non vtec and the harness is different...stupid asses i told them that when i first took it to them. well anyway i have a d15b and i have the chipped p28 for it and they said it won't work, but i don't think they tried to actually crank the car yet. they told me i need to get a vtec controller because they didn't want to have to splice into the harness. my question is don't you splice into the harness for a vafc hack to controll the ecu? i don't think they know what they're doin. but here's my real question can the car run well with out the vtec hooked up so maybe i could do it myself so i can get the damn thing back from them? if so how do you hook it up? i read some threads and i caught a few bits and pieces but can anyone tell me exactly how? i have a 93 del sol, origianlly non vtec d15, now jdm d15b w/p28. it has the 4 wire 02 sensor if that matters, i thought i read that somewhere...please help! i think these people think i'm ignorant and can do me wrong.

Last edited by big_daddy_b_99; 01-06-2006 at 10:00 PM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2006, 03:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
big_daddy_b_99

come on man i thought someone would know!
Old 01-08-2006, 04:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1171263

i posted this like a day ago. i think you should searched alittle but here ya go.

Old 01-08-2006, 04:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
big_daddy_b_99

man i did search and i read most of the threads, it's just some of the stuff wasn't too clear for me or i wasn't sure it would be the same for my car.
Old 01-08-2006, 04:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

/\ well did what i post help ya?
Old 01-08-2006, 08:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
big_daddy_b_99

yeah this helps a whole lot since i know what i'm lookin at and all. so i get the part about the vtec pressure switch and for the solenoid. pressure switch to D6 and run the wire from the solenoid to A4, what about the knock sensor? do i need to worry about this or no?
Old 01-09-2006, 07:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
big_daddy_b_99

alright i got it, it works great, and the chipped ecu vs. stock is like WHOA! 4500rpm vtec engagement is sweet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in