D15 to D16Vtec swap woes - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2006, 01:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default D15 to D16Vtec swap woes

OK, Here's what I got. 90HB formerly w/ d15b swapped in a D16vtec. Using an p28ecu, adapter, had the 2 harness' meshed together and tested. I am a little unclear (among many other things) about the wiring for the vtec, O2 sensor, and the knock sensor, all the directions say is a particular color for a particular componet goes to ecu adapter. I dont have the directions handy so I cant give exact colors and such. But, these all come from 2 added on plugs that was made into the harness. Are these wired into the back side of the adaptor (original sub harness) or wired directly between the 2 female plug adapters for the ecu and subharness or, pinned into the adapter? There were 8 wires total on the 2 add on plugs 4 were pined and gave locations as to where they went in the harness so I got them installed. The rest were just striped ends.
I did wire it up placing the wires in the subharness but wouldnt do anything but crank like crazy. Dizzy checked OK, fire is getting to plugs, fuel is reaching the rail however, no smell of fuel in the plugs so, I checked the manual and #1 on the trouble shooting list is check for injector ground on back of manifold..no luck in locating this. Any1 know where this ground is supposed to be? And also, any things to check for so I can at least get it to try and run. I saw on here about resetting the ecu with the fuses so I am gonna try that first then, after a quick check of the plugs I will try the "coffee can test" to see it the injectors are squirting fuel.
One final note..for what it is worth,the MAP sensor on the d16 is on top of the throttle body, the d15's was/is on the firewall, I just unplugged from the firewall to the new MAP. So, I also have some issues as to the correct routing location of vacum lines.
Thanx in advance
rev_it is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in