z6 swap in ef - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2006, 11:04 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default z6 swap in ef

im swapping a z6 with the p28...how exactly am i supposed to run the injectors? i've looked on d-series and other sites and cant seem to find it..

i have the conversion harness

z6 motor complete..all i need to know is how to run the injectors...

Help would be greatly appreciated..Thanks
drkgrncvc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2006, 11:19 AM   #2 (permalink)

berettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

All you have to do is use obd1 clips to plug into injectors, and make sure you are not using resistor box for power if you have SI/hf model.. If you have dx/std ect.. You wont have resistor box so no worries..
berettagtz117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2006, 02:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

ok, i have the obd1 clips, and the car is dpfi, so im missing wires for 2 injectors...what im asking is where am i supposed to route wires to and from...ive seen write ups, but all are assuming youre staying obd0 or that the car was an si or hf mpfi...

Old 01-07-2006, 01:04 AM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

If no one gives you an answer in 9 hours, I'll tell you. The reason I say this is:

- I'm drunk
- I have an EF with a mini-me
- I need to drive to my parents to look at my car to see how it is wired.
DirtyDC4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2006, 06:14 AM   #5 (permalink)

werddddddddd
Old 01-07-2006, 07:40 AM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatness

LOL, I forgot I posted that. I'll head over there soon and see cause I need to start taking my car apart again to do valve seals.

Old 01-07-2006, 07:51 AM   #7 (permalink)

awesome.....ill be around here
Old 01-07-2006, 09:27 AM   #8 (permalink)

Son of a bitch! I just realized you said you're going OBD-1. I'm OBD-0. I just have a run-of-the-mill dpfi-mpfi.

My best guess would be to do the dpfi-mpfi like most write-ups say to do BUT cross-reference that info with OBD-0 to OBD-1 on how to eliminate the resistor box.

:slap:

That's me on the right
Old 01-07-2006, 10:36 AM   #9 (permalink)

ive tried doing that..looked left and right...cant seem to find it...
Old 01-07-2006, 10:41 AM   #10 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 pork is learning the way of the Dpork is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

how about if you just use obd0 injectors and use the resistor box still . thats what i was going to try when i do the swap .. ive been trying to figure out the same thing and i think thats what im gonna try first.. im going to be putting either a d15b or d16z6 into my std dpfi hatch..
pork is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in