Honda D Series Forum banner

How do you check code on OBD-0

3K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  f00ker 
#1 ·
I see people who have trouble code numbers for OBD-0 cars how? I am throwing a CEL and I have a code that I have been getting since using the skunk2 manifold. I think it may be the TPS because I ported the TB at the same time and never correctly set the TPS or it may just be bad. But I want to make sure it is infact the problem.

#7 ·
Thanks I've never knew that. My carpet is already strip away. I use to have a problem with the ecu getting wet because a leak in my windshield, so I know exactly where its at never thought to check it like that. But thanks again I'll check it on my lunch break.

#9 ·
pull the carpet back on the passenger floorboard, thats where your ecu sits. in the ecu shield there is a little glass/plastic sight. look at that and you should see a blinking light in the ecu. count the blinks.

#10 ·
Infamous said:
Also are all trouble codes the same on each Honda ecu because im using a PR3 which is a jdm b16a ecu.
here's the list for the usdm 88-91 civics, I really dont know about the PR3 tho. Might have the same codes as this tho.

Code 0 _____ Faulty ECU
Code 1 _____ Oxygen content
Code 2 _____ Does not appear to exist
Code 3 _____ MAP sensor
Code 4 _____ Crank angle sensor
Code 5 _____ MAP sensor again
Code 6 _____ Coolant temperature
Code 7 _____ Throttle angle
Code 8 _____ Top dead center sensor
Code 9 _____ No. 1 cylinder position (only on 1.6L)
Code 10 ____ Intake air temperature
Code 11 ____ Does not appear to exist
Code 12 ____ Exhaust gas recirculation system
Code 13 ____ Atmosphric Pressure
Code 14 ____ Electronic air control (EACV)
Code 15 ____ Ignition output signal
Code 16 ____ Fuel injector
Code 17 ____ Vehicle speed sensor
Code 18 ____ Does not appear to exist
Code 19 ____ Lock up control solenoid (auto trans only)
Code 20 ____ Electric load

#18 ·
DirtyDEF said:
3/5 are MAP, 6 is crank angle, 7 is TPS.

It may take some time, but sit there with a pen and paper and keep track off all the codes over and over until you see the exact pattern over and over of the codes.
wow, you can read my post, and not give me credit for it?

:(

sad panda = me

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.