How do you check code on OBD-0 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2006, 11:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Default How do you check code on OBD-0

I see people who have trouble code numbers for OBD-0 cars how? I am throwing a CEL and I have a code that I have been getting since using the skunk2 manifold. I think it may be the TPS because I ported the TB at the same time and never correctly set the TPS or it may just be bad. But I want to make sure it is infact the problem.

2006 Subaru Legacy GT Infamous tuned 386AWHP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah its an EE!
Infamous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2006, 11:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series WTF?!?!

Rep Power: 21 MiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcano
MiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MiloReaper87 Send a message via Yahoo to MiloReaper87

DAMN bro now i wanna know sorry i have nothin but rep will sorrow ur soul!
Check my photography
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CAUTION: Remoer and myself may
on a verbal war
MiloReaper87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2006, 11:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

pull the carpet back on the passenger floorboard, thats where your ecu sits. in the ecu shield there is a little glass/plastic sight. look at that and you should see a blinking light in the ecu. count the blinks.

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2006, 11:44 AM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Pull apart the passenger side flooring to get to the ECU. The ECU has a LED on it you can see through a little window. It flashes the code. I'm almost positive TPS is a 7.
DirtyDC4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2006, 11:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDEF
Pull apart the passenger side flooring to get to the ECU. The ECU has a LED on it you can see through a little window. It flashes the code. I'm almost positive TPS is a 7.
copycat :P

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 01-04-2006, 12:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series WTF?!?!

Rep Power: 21 MiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcano
MiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcanoMiloReaper87 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MiloReaper87 Send a message via Yahoo to MiloReaper87

so that the led for THANK U GUYS i was wondering myself about that
Check my photography

CAUTION: Remoer and myself may
on a verbal war
MiloReaper87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2006, 12:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Thanks I've never knew that. My carpet is already strip away. I use to have a problem with the ecu getting wet because a leak in my windshield, so I know exactly where its at never thought to check it like that. But thanks again I'll check it on my lunch break.

Yeah its an EE!
Old 01-04-2006, 01:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Also are all trouble codes the same on each Honda ecu because im using a PR3 which is a jdm b16a ecu.

Yeah its an EE!
Old 01-04-2006, 01:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series Destruction Master

Rep Power: 36 f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f00ker Send a message via MSN to f00ker Send a message via Yahoo to f00ker

pull the carpet back on the passenger floorboard, thats where your ecu sits. in the ecu shield there is a little glass/plastic sight. look at that and you should see a blinking light in the ecu. count the blinks.

f00ker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2006, 01:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

Rep Power: 36 f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to f00ker Send a message via MSN to f00ker Send a message via Yahoo to f00ker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous
Also are all trouble codes the same on each Honda ecu because im using a PR3 which is a jdm b16a ecu.
here's the list for the usdm 88-91 civics, I really dont know about the PR3 tho. Might have the same codes as this tho.

Code 0 _____ Faulty ECU
Code 1 _____ Oxygen content
Code 2 _____ Does not appear to exist
Code 3 _____ MAP sensor
Code 4 _____ Crank angle sensor
Code 5 _____ MAP sensor again
Code 6 _____ Coolant temperature
Code 7 _____ Throttle angle
Code 8 _____ Top dead center sensor
Code 9 _____ No. 1 cylinder position (only on 1.6L)
Code 10 ____ Intake air temperature
Code 11 ____ Does not appear to exist
Code 12 ____ Exhaust gas recirculation system
Code 13 ____ Atmosphric Pressure
Code 14 ____ Electronic air control (EACV)
Code 15 ____ Ignition output signal
Code 16 ____ Fuel injector
Code 17 ____ Vehicle speed sensor
Code 18 ____ Does not appear to exist
Code 19 ____ Lock up control solenoid (auto trans only)
Code 20 ____ Electric load

Old 01-04-2006, 03:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by f00ker
repost x3

how many more do you think will type the exact same answer?

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 01-04-2006, 07:05 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx
repost x3

how many more do you think will type the exact same answer?
by type, you mean copy, and by exact you mean paste

right?

Old 01-04-2006, 10:45 PM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatness

You typed like 15 seconds faster than me.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

It is kind of hard to read, it will blink long correct, then quickly and you have your code? I think I got 2,3,5,6 and 7. which would be map sensor and TPS correct?

Yeah its an EE!
Old 01-05-2006, 12:45 PM   #15 (permalink)

it blinks quickly, then pauses, then blinks quickly.

quick = code
long = onto the next code

Old 01-05-2006, 01:14 PM   #16 (permalink)

3/5 are MAP, 6 is crank angle, 7 is TPS.

It may take some time, but sit there with a pen and paper and keep track off all the codes over and over until you see the exact pattern over and over of the codes.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

My mistake no 6. Yeah I know I was sitting there a good while. I will check it again. I wonder why all of a sudden the map would go.

Yeah its an EE!
Old 01-05-2006, 01:23 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDEF
3/5 are MAP, 6 is crank angle, 7 is TPS.

It may take some time, but sit there with a pen and paper and keep track off all the codes over and over until you see the exact pattern over and over of the codes.
wow, you can read my post, and not give me credit for it?

sad panda = me

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in