misses after 4,500 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2006, 10:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DontSaveHer will become famous soon enoughDontSaveHer will become famous soon enoughDontSaveHer will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Default misses after 4,500

Im not shure why my engine is missing at 4500-5000rpm up. It revs out fine in nuetral but in gear it start poping and missing when in gear above 4,500. It is a 90 civic with mpfi d16a6, chipped pm6 with 450cc i injectors and turboedit. I thought it was the turbo becouse i didnt have colder plugs but i took it off and it still does it n/a.

Last edited by DontSaveHer; 01-03-2006 at 10:23 PM.
DontSaveHer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2006, 06:25 AM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Did you step back up to standard plugs?
DirtyDC4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2006, 11:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 2redstars is learning the way of the D2redstars is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 2redstars

i would almost garentee its running to rich. i had the same problem after i got my motor built. i didnt change the fuel settings and it missed alot. so i tried cutting the fuel back and it worked, subtracted 10 points across the board on my vafc2.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2redstars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2006, 11:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

are yuo still running on a basemap? if so tune your car if your planning on going that high. running a basemap isnt very good if your going to be revving at all

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2006, 11:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

i think the map he is running is a map ryan mad for him and ryan used hiw wideband
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2006, 11:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

ryan sent him a basemap as far as i know, i dont think he sent him anything else but i do not know

Old 01-04-2006, 11:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb34
ryan sent him a basemap as far as i know, i dont think he sent him anything else but i do not know
yep, and it should be plenty rich

get your LC1 hooked up and do some logging. thats about the only way to tell if there are fuel issues. fix where necessary

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2006, 11:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

oh thats right he has a lc-1 why doesn't he just hook that up and check it
Old 01-04-2006, 11:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
Neighborhood Asshole is Back!

00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 00kickercivic

Mine missed because of not having colder plugs... but if you say it does it still when n/a i dunno then.... i would just get the ngk 2 step colder plugs since you need them anyway and see if it still does it.

93 Toyota Supra TT
13 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T
05 SeaDoo RXT
00kickercivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2006, 11:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

i run regular plugs at 10psi with no problems...maybe i should swap them out though.

anyone know the part # for the 2 step colder v-power NGKs?

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 01-04-2006, 11:55 AM   #11 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

/\ yea i wanna kno too.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
Neighborhood Asshole is Back!

00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 00kickercivic

NGK bkr7e -1 ....taken from the turbo FAQ sticky

93 Toyota Supra TT
13 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T
05 SeaDoo RXT
00kickercivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2006, 12:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx
yep, and it should be plenty rich

get your LC1 hooked up and do some logging. thats about the only way to tell if there are fuel issues. fix where necessary

thats what i thought, hes probably still running just that basemap

Old 01-04-2006, 12:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00kickercivic
NGK bkr7e -1 ....taken from the turbo FAQ sticky
it doesnt say if they are v-power though. i think there is an extra letter in their part #

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 01-04-2006, 02:47 PM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DontSaveHer will become famous soon enoughDontSaveHer will become famous soon enoughDontSaveHer will become famous soon enough

Im running stock ac-delco v-power. THey are very good plugs like ngk. My laptop wont be in untill friday to check my lc-1 wideband. I have a set of bkr7e and bcpr7es like oscar was useing comeing in. I dont think its running rich becouse i dont have a muffler on it but i dont smell gas or see smog. The plugs dont look rich iether. How well would the lc-1 be at detecting a lean or rich condition in just one cylinder?

Last edited by DontSaveHer; 01-04-2006 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:40 PM   #16 (permalink)

My plugs dont look rich, so maby its low spark at high rpm becouse of a bad engine ground? It mite be leaning out or to big of a sparkplug gap but i dont even have it turboed rite now. It doesnt do it in nuetral becouse i have a 7lb flywheel, but it gets worse each gear. If it was loosing spark wouldnt the wideband go rich seeing unburnt fuel, but at the same time i think widebands read lean when they see exsesive unburnt fuel.
Old 01-04-2006, 04:09 PM   #17 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 bigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Lower your sparkplug gap to .030"
bigwig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2006, 06:08 PM   #18 (permalink)

I thought i gapped them to like .38 but hopefully some ngks at .25-.30 will fix my problem. Ill burn another chip this weekend when i get my lc-1 and labtop wired in for datalogging. What could be the problem even if i had good air/fuel ratios.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Location: 7.5 hours north of Modshxcivic, 6.5 hours north of Rexinre's house (he says only 5 hours) (MAINE)
Rep Power: 24 Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Honda4VW Send a message via MSN to Honda4VW Send a message via Yahoo to Honda4VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontSaveHer
I thought i gapped them to like .38 but hopefully some ngks at .25-.30 will fix my problem. Ill burn another chip this weekend when i get my lc-1 and labtop wired in for datalogging. What could be the problem even if i had good air/fuel ratios.
Coil...Grounds..Voltage Regulator..

Could be a large list of items...ever see the misfire troubleshooting section of the helms???

Honda4VW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2006, 08:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
Hondaphile

Rep Power: 17 ottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ottomaticjack Send a message via MSN to ottomaticjack Send a message via Yahoo to ottomaticjack

I agree...the first place I would look is the ignition system.

Good sellers and stuff....NastyhabitzCRX, Icarusdown, Infamousz6, fast88, drew95eg, cuong-nutz, Sonny7730

"We have a blind date with destiny, and it looks like she ordered the lobster...."
ottomaticjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in