Sensor?GroundWire?FuelSystem?Backpressure? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2006, 08:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Sensor?GroundWire?FuelSystem?Backpressure?

alright...the setup is a 92 civic CX w/ D16Y7, Aem intake, DC-Header, and the exhaust is simply the stock cat and resonator with 2 1/2in. piping between it and it ends just in front of the rear tires(Backpressure?) .P06 ECU, Z6 intake manifold(map sensor is on the throttle body instead of being located on the firewall of the car, maybe these go out more often?), Walbro 255 fuel pump(way too much fuel flow?). The car runs and drives perfect right when you first start it but after its warmed up and its been driven for a few minutes between 1500 - 3200RPM it will lean out just a hair and then act like it isnt getting any fire to the plugs. If you dont jack with the gas it will just slowly lose RPM until it eventually either dies or it will start catching up fire again and then starts over. If you gun it when it starts acting like this it clears itself up and acts normal until you try to just cruise and it starts running all kinds of rich and eventually either clears itself up for a few minutes and drives normal until randomly it will start over again. My previous setup on the car was a d15b/Z6 mini-me that was wore out and it had the same problem. I hoped that by changing out the motor,trans,ECU, and wiring harness that it would clear up but it hasnt. Ive since put a new fuel filter, distributor cap and rotor, new plug wires and have tried different heat ranged NGK spark plugs and nothing has cured it. The only other thing that i could come up with would be if there was junk in the gas but ive ran 93 octane for about a month now and ive added fuel treatments a few time sin between there. Anyone have anything this feaky going on or anything similar to this? Any input or suggestions or just your 2cents would be greatly appreciated. It would be some shit if it were just a ground gone bad or something . Thanks
sprchrgZCeg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2006, 02:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
gonzo

Rep Power: 0 Lule will become famous soon enoughLule will become famous soon enoughLule will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Have you ever changed the O2 sensor?
Lule is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2006, 01:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

no i didnt..im going to try that, but lately its been happening less often. thanks

Old 01-08-2006, 02:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

how bout teh intake mani?? did you change that when you swapped??

injectors clogged??

too much fuel pressure, for sure... n/a doesnt like a lot of fuel....

how does it idle?? rich or lean??
Richie_A_19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2006, 06:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

the intake manifold was changed from my other civic which worked perfectly fine, the injectors were really clean when i checked them all out and were also changed over when i used the other intake manifold.as for idle..it does idle on the rich side pretty much either just after stioch. and halfway rich. Would the location of the O2 sensor also make a difference? i mean if it were placed further back in the header where they all connect wouldent that throw it off or just make the reading more accurate? ive changed out intake manifolds, injectors, fuel pump, fuel filter, distributor cap and rotor, spark plugs, plug wires,wiring harnesses, ECU's, and tonight ima try a new O2 sensor, and then see if the positoin of the sensor will make a difference. i mean if none of this is right then the only thing that pops up in my head could be that theres some extreme junk in the gas tank and as soon as its gets near empty i need to drain or replace it and then get a compressor, unplug the FPR and fuel filter to clean out the lines.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 gloryhog is obviously a regulargloryhog is obviously a regulargloryhog is obviously a regulargloryhog is obviously a regulargloryhog is obviously a regulargloryhog is obviously a regulargloryhog is obviously a regulargloryhog is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

*dirty fuel injectors
*bad or dirty oxygen sensor
*map sensor faulty reading, and or not sealing to the TB properly
*distributor slowly going out
*Are you running a catalytic converter? is it clogged?
I am just stating some things that have often been the culprit for me.Good luck , and hopefully you get R' done!!!
gloryhog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2006, 10:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 d16a6 power is learning the way of the Dd16a6 power is learning the way of the D

Its the big fuel pump......running way to rich most likely! Any codes?
d16a6 power is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2006, 03:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
gonzo

Rep Power: 0 Lule will become famous soon enoughLule will become famous soon enoughLule will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Yeah, I missed that. The fuel pump is too large. The engine/ECU is trying to compensate for the abnormally high pressure. Change back to standard pump.

Fuel injected engines run rich when cold, that's why there's no problem there. At roughly 80% throttle opening (gunning it), the ECU goes into closed loop, meaning the O2 sensor signals are not being used.

I would change the pump, O2 sensor, and engine oil.
Lule is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2006, 09:50 AM   #9 (permalink)

alright i checked out the map sensor the other day and used the one off my other civic to test it out and it ended up not being the culprit, then while i was at work i took a look at my O2 sensor.......damn...thats all im gonna say. I replaced it this morning and so far so good. as for the fuel pump being too big, wouldent an adjustable FPR even it all out because i know my stock FPR is about to explode with all the extra pressure put on it, and that should last until i get my injectors which im still not sure what to go with. in about a week im building a Z6 turbo, nothing major, running stock guts and going for 6-8 psi. i still need to do some more reading before the build.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:05 AM   #10 (permalink)

ohh and the car was acting the same way even before the monster fuel pump, i didnt have an air/fuel meter at this time and i thaught that the pump was going out, i had just baught a new cap rotor plugs and wires so i knew there was fire, the next thing on my mind was fuel so i got the new pump since i was going turbo in a few weeks anyway and a new filter, and there werent any codes showing up at all. shit just didnt make any sense, but so far it looks like the dirty ass O2 sensor thats been in there since 92' if ya know what i mean....i knew it was something stupid. Thanks everyone, ima post up on how the Z6/turbo build comes along, hopefully something like a glogged vaccume line or a blown fuse doesent keep me from doing 3x the legal speed limit. Thanks again for all the suggestions. PEACE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in