need help with my fuel pump - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2006, 06:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default need help with my fuel pump

So i bought a walbro 255 that was out of a crx. I put it in my 93 honda civic. well it fit alright and works good but i advanced my timing all the way just to see what would happen and it was running alright and around half a tank it would almost seem like it was running out of fuel but it was still letting me go. its kinda hard to explain. when i was putting the pump in the filter on the pump was smaller than the one on my factory fuel pump. can anyone help me please.
jdmvtecd15b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2006, 07:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

First off, what really warrants the use of a fuel pump that big? are you running a setup that requires it? Im pretty sure that a fuel pump that tries to pump at a set rate and cannot acheive it beause the fuel pressure regulator has too low a pressure, could harm the fuel pump, I've never really heard of honda fuel pumps not supplying enough fuel with even a mild setup.
slowcivic2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2006, 07:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

well its for a turbo set up. i havent gotten the regulator in yet. should i take the fuel pump out till i get it. would the pick up being smaller account for any of this. its off a crx im not sure if it makes a diference. i also have injectors on the way if thats going to make a difference.

Old 01-01-2006, 07:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

with turbo its better to put fuel upgrades in when you put the turbo in.......or else "you can really hurt urself( ur car)" <===like granny says
freshlane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2006, 09:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Yea, if your N/A right now, you really dont need the extra fuel, not unless your bringing in a considerable amount of extra air, IE boost. I'd keep the old fuel pump in for now, and switch it out when you get that turbo runnin so you can make hella power.
slowcivic2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2006, 11:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Im still NA with a load of bolt ons, but Ill be boosting in the next few months, so my 255 walbro is getting in soon here......
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2006, 12:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmvtecd15b
well its for a turbo set up. i havent gotten the regulator in yet. should i take the fuel pump out till i get it. would the pick up being smaller account for any of this. its off a crx im not sure if it makes a diference. i also have injectors on the way if thats going to make a difference.
DO NOT get a B&M ADJ. FPR they SUCK! get a cosmo or AEM, but i'd go with the cosmo since its cheaper! also if you get bigger injectors, you MUST have some type of fuel management i.e. uber/crome, hondata, aem etc! goodluck with the build

BOOSTING, HAWAIIAN STYLE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BoOsTeD_eX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2006, 01:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

reinstall your pump at proper location, you mounted your too high and it is running out of fuel.

Mounted per instructions, I've ran the tank damn near bone dry, 11.5 gallons pumped into a 11.5 gallon tank and never hesitated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2006, 09:35 AM   #9 (permalink)

where would i get a cosmo fuel pressure regulator.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

i remember i had a aem fuel pressure regulator and that thing broke like 3 months after i installed it to my aem fuel rail. i dont recommend the aem but ive been usin the b&m for awhile and haven't had any problems. as long as you have a guage to know what the hell you are seting the pressure to you should be allright.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2006, 10:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmvtecd15b
where would i get a cosmo fuel pressure regulator.
ebay, my friend, they have good customer service as well....
Old 01-02-2006, 10:36 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

I also reccommend the Weapon-r APR nice stuff!!
Old 01-02-2006, 09:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series Janitor

Rep Power: 15 88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

dang, a 255 . . . That supports up to 500hp on the old ruststang.
88cr-rex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2006, 10:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
Shoot me!

Rep Power: 45 Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

B&M makes a fuel pressure regulator that is pretty cheap you need to turn up your fuel pressure.
Hellhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in