Afc Hack And Msd Btm - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2005, 11:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Afc Hack And Msd Btm

kay i know that with a hack you ADVANCE TIMING and that is a no no with turbo, but i also know that with an MSD BTM, you RETARD timing....so my question is, if i was to go with the afc hack and use an msd btm, would it help or would it be just a big contradicting issue?

BOOSTING, HAWAIIAN STYLE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BoOsTeD_eX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2005, 01:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

berettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Dont sounds safe.. Why not use Chrome/ubderdata?? "free"
berettagtz117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2005, 05:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
daconkiftador

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoOsTeD_eX
kay i know that with a hack you ADVANCE TIMING and that is a no no with turbo, but i also know that with an MSD BTM, you RETARD timing....so my question is, if i was to go with the afc hack and use an msd btm, would it help or would it be just a big contradicting issue?
thats a question i was wondering, altho uber/chrome is the way to go, this setup would seem pretty easy and brainless to operate =/
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2005, 06:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 Sohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow up

Its kinda funny, a lot of people under estimate the hack. They say it is garbage and it is no good and you will blow your engine if you boost it, I have one thing to say to all that :bull:. You just have to know what you are doing when dealing with the hack. I am gonna us the hack when I turbo my car. Yes there are better things like uberdata and chrome, but the hack can get the job done to.

This may help out all of those using the hack with a turbo car.. http://www.geocities.com/thermalfid16/VAFChack1.html

But to answer your question, I am not sure about it...

Last edited by Sohc Wrath; 12-28-2005 at 06:53 PM.
Sohc Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2005, 06:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
D16Z6TURBO

someone correct me on this but isnt the afc "hack" just an A/F controller AKA VAFC ??
Old 12-28-2005, 07:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

VAFC's do have a bad rap. Many people claim that they advance timing...which is possible but your stock ecu can adjust timing seperately from fuel. Also, running an FMU and/or larger injectors allows you to use the VAFC as a minor correction to your fuel map, and not as a fuel supply for your new turbo. Small increases or decreases with a VAFC (say 5-8%) will not affect your stock timing. Tuning your car within 1-2 degrees of detonation should only be done for race purposes anyway....thats just silly for your daily driver.

on a side note, free programs like chrome/uberdata are much better for tuning. They do allow smaller margins of correction to create more power, especialy in the timing department.....but running a correctly installed/tuned VAFC will certainly not HURT your turbo setup within reason.

Last edited by eg6motion; 12-28-2005 at 07:16 PM.
eg6motion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2005, 07:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
D16Z6TURBO

Since he pointed that out heres my thought and I have seen it done. Using the VAFC and an MSD BTM does make sense to me basically your controlling your A/F with the hack and retarding you timing with the BTM both necessary for turbo therefore all should work fine. But if you havent bought either already consider using that money toward hondata or crome?!
Old 12-28-2005, 07:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

I still say the AFC is gay! I'd rather use a FMU. like $35 to chip an ECU, a lot less if you do it yourself. Burner $60, P1 laptop $50, $55 towards a WBO2. Do it right the first time and be done with it.

How much are AFC's $200 + a BTM 50-60?? if you include the btm that's a little over $100 for a WBO2.

Last edited by guest; 12-28-2005 at 07:28 PM.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2005, 07:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
D16Z6TURBO

From my understanding you have to use a FMU as well anyway and at least with the hack there is some tuning where an FMU leaves no tuning option
Old 12-28-2005, 07:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

^ there's diff. disks and FPR's.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2005, 07:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
D16Z6TURBO

DUDE we obviously have diff understanding of "FMU" I was thinking as in Vorthech 12:1FMU But if your saying just chip the ECU with uberdata or something I agree thats the better way to go
Old 12-28-2005, 08:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 Sohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow up

From highest to lowest uber/chrome> hack> fmu
Sohc Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2005, 08:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
D16Z6TURBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohc Wrath
close enough for me!
Old 12-28-2005, 10:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
yes i understand this and i'd rather go with uber/crome, but this is my daily driver *ONLY CAR* and i can't afford to try and tune my car YET and it not run! i think i may just save the money and wait till i can afford HONDATA! but i still think that anyone using the AFC HACK ALONG WITH THE MSD BTM would be a not bad idea! but thanks for all of the info guys! aloha

BOOSTING, HAWAIIAN STYLE

BoOsTeD_eX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2005, 10:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
D16Z6TURBO

yes using the 2 will be fine. Like i said seen it done
Old 12-29-2005, 01:36 AM   #16 (permalink)

berettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussieberettagtz117 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Quote:
Its kinda funny, a lot of people under estimate the hack. They say it is garbage and it is no good and you will blow your engine if you boost it, I have one thing to say to all that :bull:. You just have to know what you are doing when dealing with the hack. I am gonna us the hack when I turbo my car. Yes there are better things like uberdata and chrome, but the hack can get the job done to.

This may help out all of those using the hack with a turbo car.. http://www.geocities.com/thermalfid16/VAFChack1.html

But to answer your question, I am not sure about it...
I used the hack myself w/ Wideband, and it was a bitch because you cannot tune every RPM/timing ect.. Like chrome/uber/aem ect.. It worked but I was always have to make adjustments everyday depending on weather ect.. As wehre w/ other tuning materials as stated above you can put that in there so it will correct itself through IAT.
berettagtz117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2005, 01:13 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 d16a6 power is learning the way of the Dd16a6 power is learning the way of the D

The vafc alters the map sensor signal which controls both timing and fuel....so whoever said it does them seperately is wrong. If you subtract on the afc then its sending a lower voltage to the ecu and then gives less fuel and advances timing. At full load you cannot give more fuel or retard timing because thats as far as the fuel/ignition maps can read. If your going to turbo i would not use this setup at all.
d16a6 power is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in